Just One More

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Just One More

1. Just One More

Majestic, another of my favorites. I love your house.
  2. Just One More

Those floors look beautiful. What kind of glue do you use?
  3. Just One More

I like this paper too. Haven't used it yet but I can see now how it will look. Very pretty.
  4. Just One More

Very nice. This is one of my favorite wallpapers. I have it in several houses.
  5. I have only done one 1/2 scale, the Fairfield. I really liked it but never built another that size because I can't find the 1/2 scale wallpaper as easily as I did with the Fairfield. I've since sold it but kept all the furniture. My Fairfielld even had the hardwood floor paper. The paper I had was mostly Herme's which is no longer available. I may try one of the GL laser cuts. I have a few pieces of wallpaper left and could just stain the floors. Maybe I'll try the Willow.
  6. Just finished another full scale Willow. Your half scale looks great. I may just try the small version. It's such a nice house. I really like your bedroom fireplace.
  7. I like that one. The Appleblossom is very much like it and was one of the first houses I built. I'd like to find one of those again because it's a little bigger. I'll be watching this one though.
  8. That would be awful. I don't have any of my houses wired. I had some plastic on the front once but it didn't seem as much fun not being able to just reach in and adjust things. It does help keeping the house right at the table edge because kitties can't see as well what's in the rooms if there are no chairs etc to jump up on. I know she isn't actually jumping in the rooms, just somehow snagging the pillows. :lol:
  9. That's a lot of houses. I have 12 and thought that was a lot, all GL or RGT. I'm trying to think what I'd like to build next. Some like you have are hard to find. I like the Walmers. I've sold some over the years I wish I had kept now.
  10. I like the light color much better. You've made some nice changes on this house.
  11. Just One More

AFTER

What a nice house. I like how the bathroom doesn't have to be in the attic.
  12. Just One More

Foyer

That looks really nice. I love painting furniture but mine don't always come out that nice.
  13. I really like the floor.
  14. I thought of that but was afraid she might drag the whole bed out. :lol: I started attaching the little doileys I use as afghans on the beds with a pin and so far, she hasn't tried to get them off. It's mostly the pillows she likes. Maybe if I stuff them with pellets they wouldn't be as appealing to her. Another of my kitties likes the little stuffed animals I use with my dolls. I had to put them all away because she kept bringing them to me. She doesn't like Beanie Babies because they have pellets. My cats never go outside so these little things are like prey to them. At least they don't chew anything up.
  15. Very pretty. Very delicate. Love the bedding too.
  16. That's how Twiggy used to be, just sitting in the houses being built. I'd love to catch her doing it just so I can see how she gets the pillows without messing up the whole little room. She likes little baskets too but now I attach them with poster putty.
  17. I have been keeping all my dollhouses right at the edge of the tables so my kitty, Twiggy, will stop getting the pillows off the beds. She used to jump up on the tables and grab a pillow in her mouth and bring it to me meowing like, "look what I found for you. " With the house right on the edge she couldn't jump up and get them anymore. The last two nights at around 4 AM she has brought me two pillows and a little throw rug, waking me up to show me. I don't know how she does it. She is very careful and has only knocked anything else in the dollhouse over getting the pillows one time. I've tried closing the doors where I keep most of the houses but the other two kitties like to sleep in those rooms so they wake me up to get in them. What is it with kitties and dollhouses? Usually once the house is finished and furnished they lose interest but not Twiggy. I guess it's a good thing it's only pillows and little rugs. It is kind of funny but a few of my favorites have just disappeared.
  18. This forum is the only place I have to share my miniature hobby. Where I live is probably one of the least places to ever find anything mini. Other than Hobby Lobby, there is nothing. I would guess I'm their only miniatures customer some times but I guess if I really was they would close it. The girl that works in that department has told me I'm in more than anyone else. :lol: I have lots of pictures in my gallery here I had put in before the changes were made. Still trying to fiigure how to add more. This is a fun place and I get many ideas for my builds and love to see everyone elses pictures of their houses.
  19. I tried a blue area rug and like it better with the walls. I have some paper I would like to change it to but I'd have to take off the window frames etc. Maybe some time later. I think the blue area rug looks more country style. I've changed this houses furnishings so much and keep changing my mind again. Now for the kitchen and bedrooms. I put new pics in Picasa.
  20. That is really nice. I like your colors and how you did the attic.
  21. I just cut it to fit and put a little poster tack in the corners. It's medium weight and with the stairs and fireplace it doesn't really move. It's not a really good match to the beige of the wallpaper but will look better with pictures and accessories.
  22. Just put some wall to wall carpet in my Willow living room. I guess I'll go contemporary on this Willow but still country style. I've had this upholstery velvet for ages and just never used it. The carpet ties the room together better, having to have the sofa in the middle. I have a modern kitchen set in brick red and oak I'll use. I really like the old sinks and appliances but the contemporary can be country style too. Pictures in my Picasa albums.
  23. Hobby Lobby has new wallpaper, their own brand, Mayberry Street. There are three 12 x 18 inch sheets for $5.99 in a roll. With the weekly 40% off coupon that's a great price. I got a really pretty toille in kind of greyish lavender and a cute small black and white check with country images border for a kitchen. They have at least four others, all tiny prints and very nice. They've had the same wallpapers forever and only had two sheets per package for the same price. They are tightly rolled so I reverse rolled them on a paper towel holder and now they are flat. Just when I was ready to give up on HL they came out with something really nice.
  24. Very nice. You can make the nicest things with scraps. I have boxes of them and should get busy.