2David

• Last visited

0 Neutral

About 2David

Profile Information

• Interests
    Biking, Hiking, Gardening, Wood Working, Traveling, Reading, Writing, and general home project improvements and repair as time and money allow.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    David
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

492 profile views
  1. Hi All I am building my first doll house and have found it to be a more iinteresting and complex process then I originally thought. Though I have to say, the biggest issues are probably getting agreement with my wife on how to paint and decorate it as I build it. I am buildinig the Marquam Hill Mansion as part of occupying some time while I recover from some health issues and wait to get back to full time employment. Right now it is a toss up between whether we keep it for potential future grand kids or donate the house to shelter or some other group that could use it. Thanks, David Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
  2. Holly - Once I thoroughly reviewed them and got into building the house I have found the MHM instructions to be pretty nice so far. The piece part list and layout instructions is a nice feature. My current issue with porch post size is the only issue I have run across in the instructions with missing information. The content of the kit itself was spot on other then one piece I had to create due to the original being damaged. Jerry - I tried to message you with my email addy, but kept getting a database error message so I am not sure if it went through. If I don't see somethinig from you I will just post it here. The only thing I really need right now is the cut length for the 3/8" portion of the porch pillars. Buzz - The instruction booklet I have is complete it just doesn't contain this particular piece of information at this step. I suspect/hope it is an error in the version I have and that a later revision has the correct information. Worse come to worse, I will take some measurements of the house and guesstimate what it should be. Thanks All David
  3. Hi All I acquired a Dura-Craft Marquam Hill Mansion kit that was in my parents attic. I have run into a problem with missing information in the instructions and was wondering if anyone could help me since the company is out of business. This is MR625 Marquam Hill Mansion Kit, instructions dated with revision number 2/24/00. The house body is made out of MDF and everything else is wood. On page 8, when describing the build of the porch posts, it instructs you to glue 3 3/8" x 3/8" posts (5-5) standing vertically on the pedestal caps. The problem is, it doesn't tell me what length I need to cut the 3/8" x 3/8" posts. I am hoping there is someone who either has complete instructions or has built this house and still has it around and could possibly give me a measurement? Thanks David