Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Cheryl
  • Country
    United States
  1. Hi all, I am Cheryl and I live in northern Arizona. I used to make miniature furniture in IL, then in AZ. Then I went sailing and started building boats: two 53' wood catamarans. When I returned to the States, I kept building small wood boat models. Since I have been "retired" I am going back to miniature furniture - it really is all I have room for to build. I have a doll house kit, which I started. Then I realized I didn't have nearly enough space! So I am going back to furniture until I can figure how to get more room. Apart from miniature furniture and houses, I also drive miniature horses. They are very competitive, with each winning a year end championship in his own particular venue. They are a LOT of fun. Cheryl
  2. I built small furniture years ago for this company. I loved it. As a stay-at-home mom, it was perfect, and added enough funds in the budget that we could afford some really fun things. The way it works is that one sends them a $55 deposit and lets them know what kit you wish. All the kits have the same $55 deposit. Before one orders a kit, one knows how many are expected, what the pay is and a good idea how much time will be required, i.e. the more money paid, the more time will be required, and so, the higher the pay. They also send you more materials than you will need to make the required number of product. Some kits require special tools - like a little bowmaker for the bows. This they also send you. Tiny Details also advises you practice, and send them your best piece, which they will evaluate and return to you with comments. The first project I did, I did not wait for the sample piece to come back. I had a couple errors which couldn't be fixed on the pieces I had made. I sent in a request for more materials - which they sent me free. I then completed the pieces, and they sent me a check very quickly. It was a wonderful experience. The deposit was refunded as was the postage - I think they are up to $5.00 now on that. I also had a choice to let them roll over my deposit for another kit. But I loved making the furniture piece I was doing, so opted to have the deposit refunded. I am starting with them again. I am in the process of building my first doll house, and very excited. When I got the kit, I was advised this was not a beginner's house. But I was pretty brazen about it, based on the fact that I have built 2 53' wood catamaran sailboats, and because I had built so much furniture. HA! The joke was on me!! Building the sailboats, I had a large - VERY large workshop. Building the furniture, all I needed was a little table. The dollhouse is somewhere in between a HUGE workshop and a little table!