• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Sabrina
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

428 profile views
  1. Gonna use part of it to buy some more minis!
  2. I got mine yesterday..... and I was just told by my boss, to take some "me" time this weekend..... :o Guess that gives me permission to play now!!
  3. logansrun

My First Dollhouse

Coventry Cottage
  4. Mine was waiting for me to get home yesterday!! And I was surprised to see the carryall! THANK YOU, and I also have it put together waiting for inspiration... But I had to promise that I would finish one, before starting another (or two!!) Gary says there isn't enough room for more than one dollhouse and his furniture too..... Waiting to see what others do with this............ Sabrina
  5. Starting pics are in 2 different albums I have started, when I was taking pictures Gary asked what I was doing, sooooo had to start an album for his minis tooooo! :lol: I am not sure how you all look at the albums, but I put them out there... Finally got the center wall finished and progress is coming along very well! Thank you all for the support!
  6. My other half told me I needed to slow down (and finish the one I am working on, and then the one I have under my working space)...... so I waited until today and just ordered one!! Do you all think that's slow enough?? :lol: I am going to experiment with this one.... try my hand at bricks and or stone for the fireplaces and chiminey. But I really like the bavarian idea..... Decesions decesions.......... Am looking forward to the weekend.... three days to play with my "toys"!! May have to take a quick trip to the Blue Crab Festival and check out what the crafts are.... Last year someone had doll house things, but I hadn't caught the fever yet!
  7. logansrun

Furniture

House of Miniatures
  8. Notsure of the plans yet. No granddaughters to give it to. Maybe sell it and make money to get me a house of my own! One of those real fancy expensive ones. I have it primed with white bullseye that my sweetie had using for some remodeling work. But I have a color called "December Eve" a very pretty gray, and a contrasting gray for the trim. One is a light gray and the other is a dark gray. But..... I can change my mind!! Will take some pics tonight.... of all my pieces... with 2 put together waiting patiently for me to finish sanding, priming, sanding, etc. the center wall. I will upload them tomorrow! :groucho:
  9. I thought I was doing it the right way. I did not get ahead of myself, and followed the directions. I cut out, and sanded, and sanded, and primed, and sanded some more, and primed again! And finally was gonna start putting part of it together! I was soooooooooo excited!! Got the first wall fitted into the ground floor - and went to the next step - and what do you know ;) .... it's calling for a piece NOT listed in the section to R & P. I thought surely I have missed it somehow. Reread the list, checked it against what I had done..... And now I am starting the whole process allllll over, with the stupid center wall!! Meanwhile, my other half has taken over building the "House of Miniatures" kits that I have gotten from ebay! Then he wants to start the other furniture kits I have gotten. Hooked him too :yes: ... He even told me to order some stuff from Hobby Builders Supply! Tools for both of us to use.... Will update when I get the Center Wall prepped.
  10. Playing Santa with that will not only give the girls a wonderful Christmas, it will make it very special for you too. When my Step-dad was alive, he was a "natural" Santa, and for years we would find a family that needed a Christmas, and would make arrangements for Santa and his elves (yes I had to wear a costume too!) to take the presents and their Christmas dinner to them a few days before Christmas. And I still get that warm "fuzzy" feeling when I think about the look on the childrens faces, and the wonderment in the eyes of the adults because someone cared. So good luck............... And many blessings to you! Sabrina
  11. Thanks everyone :thumb: .... havannaholly, We live between Gainesville and Palatka, but we both work in St. Augustine. Still haven't received one of the houses ... So I have been doing my furniture and waiting as patiently as I can.... It helped that I had payroll to do this week!! Will take some pics this weekend of what I have finished of them..... Sabrina
  12. Thank you all for being so nice! Keep your fingers crossed and my first house will be waiting for me at home tonight!! Then me and my doggies will have a ball looking at all the parts... btw... I now have 2 small shelves cut out, sanded, stained, and glued (with wood glue)! All since Saturday afternoon when I got my furniture set. Will take pictures and try and figure out how to get them on here.... Haven't figured out how to put a picture on my profile yet.... But will keep trying... Sabrina
  13. Hi Angel, I'm new too... and I am also waiting "patiently " for my new houses to arrive. I lived in Germany for about 3 years, but that was about 29 years ago. Good luck with your house! Sabrina
  14. Thank you Peggi & Kaligirl! And Peggi I think I already am addicted! 2 dollhouses already, and I have bids on about 4 more furniture kits to build. I think I will enjoy making the furniture instead of buying it.. At least I hope so!!!
  15. Thanks for the advice, Wolfie! As soon as I get something done other than 2 small shelves, I will take some pictures. My houses haven't made it here yet, so I am only working on my furniture, think I will learn alot doing that before I tackle my houses. Biggest problem is figuring out which to start on first!! Suggestions will be welcome.... Sabrina