• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Leona
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

865 profile views
  1. Hi Heidi, I am happy that you were able to find yourself some good books at great prices. I wish you luck in locating the one that you really wanted tho. Well if you are interested in learning to crochet, it's not too complicated. I learned to crochet before learning to knit and I find crochet is much easier than knitting since you actually have a hook to pull your yarn through the loops. I taught myself to crochet by reading up on it online. Here are some really good sites with easy step by step illustrations to teach you how to start crocheing if you are interested in taking a crack at it. http://www.learntoknit.com/instructions_cr.php3 http://learntocrochet.lionbrand.com/
  2. From what I have read in other posts, that probably would help. I had only painted the outside of the house because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the inside. But from building my Orchid, I realised that the wood just sucks up the paint and it takes many coats, so for the future I am going to prime everything before painting. It will make it so much easier and will take much less paint.
  3. it is so adorable. Wow just beautiful, I can't believe how talented you are. I totally love your work Wendy.
  4. thanks, I am definitely floating on a cloud today LOL hehe
  5. that is very nice. Wow so much detail. It looks awesome, good job!!
  6. Hi everyone, I'm so excited about another great deal, that I must share it with you guys. My hubby went yard saling again this morning and he came back with an Oregon Trail miniature house kit from Dura-Craft. He got it for 8$ and it's still in the box with all the pieces and instructions. He was the one who had got my breyer horse stable last weekend for 5$ too. So now our collection is starting to grow, I had never imagined that we'd be so lucky to find neat mini stuff in the yard sales around here. This is so cool. WOW now I must definitely find places to put my houses. Everything is pilling up in our living room LOL So now we have an Orchid, a Washington in the making, a horse stable and a new wood cabin that will need to be assembled. I love that Will likes this hobby too, we are having so much fun. Here is a pic of of the box. Well I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys.
  7. this topic is kinda sad.... I would have to say that I would want to see my dad again who passed away 8 years ago of cancer when I was 16 years old. I was pretty young and I wish that he could see me now all grown up and he could see his grandsons. I miss him dearly, he was my best friend. But like others have mentionned it would be really hard to deal with the emotional impact of seeing a lost loved one again and I guess that's why death is so final. The wounds never fully heal, no matter how long it's been.
  8. it looks so nice! you are doing a fantastic job!!
  9. Here's the red and white lighthouse in A&A's gallery Ok lol find a tim hortons uniform...
  10. It looks great!! What a nice rug and the room looks so elegant. Awesome work ladies!!
  11. I got my orchid in april and it came with everything, including shingles. The design on the dormer windows were different than what was shown on the box, but they still look great. Building the Orchid wasn't all that complicated, the instructions are very clear. The only problems I had really was that the wood was so brittle and it took extreme caution not to break the pieces, I also had a bit of difficulty getting everything to fit right because the wood would warp.
  12. It is looking so elegant, I love that shade of yellow. Nice work!!
  13. Congrats! I am sure it will look great! Looking forward to seeing pics!