• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Jennifer
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,044 profile views
  1. I was in Chicago this year and it was awesome!! I did some blog posts on 1) Tips if you're thinking of going; 2) Loot :-) and 3) Workshops I took. I also took four which was a bit much. I think if I do this again I'll stick with 2, maybe 3. (Maybe) Start here, and go forward: https://jennsminis.wordpress.com/2019/05/05/chicago-international-miniatures-show/ Jennifer Ashley
  2. Nooooo!!!!!! This is terrible news. I had sent in a check to renew Min Collector in August, and I just got back the envelope labeled "Refused, unable to forward." I looked forward to this beautiful magazine every month. I'm so sorry to hear of the publisher's fall--best wishes for her. Sad now.
  3. These are very cool! The cutout from the dollhouse is from the Beacon Hill. It's the bay window sills and the roof trim sheet. A great idea. However, I still am getting rid of my scraps. I just don't have room for them and the box. I'm having a grand clear-out. If I don't get any takers I will slowly feed it all to the recycle bin.
  4. I have just completed a Beacon Hill (more or less). I wondered if anyone would like my box of scraps? Most of the sheets are intact (with the pieces punched out, of course). I never used the shutters, so all those pieces are there. I am willing to send the box and all the scrapwood to anyone who wants it. Jennifer Ashley
  5. Lovely! Thanks for posting all these pictures. I have started my Beacon Hill (finally) and looking for inspiration.
  6. forjenn

French knot rug

This whole house is beautiful!! I'm about to take the plunge into my Beacon Hill kit and am looking for inspiration. Yours is so lovely, something to treasure.
  7. Good ideas. Thank you! I'm debating. Many craftsman era bungalows in my town have cement porch floors--it's a hot climate and board flooring doesn't do well. I might paint it to look like cement. Jennifer
  8. I recently started building the RGT half-inch scale bungalow. I've been looking through the forums and the galleries--great ideas! I am wondering how others have finished the porch floor. Did you leave it the bare wood, either painted or stained, or install flooring? I fear the posts won't fit if I put flooring on, but I can see it would be difficult to put on flooring after the posts and railings are in. Any ideas? It's the one bit of the house the instructions don't cover--when to finish the floor of the porch :-) Jennifer
  9. Thanks everyone! The bungalow is now on its way to a good home. Thanks for your patience with a newbie who didn't know the rules. :-)
  10. If I can figure out how to edit the post, I'll change it. Um.... how is that done? Jennifer
  11. I have had to make the tough decision to give up the Real Good Toys Classic Bungalow Kit (1-inch scale). It's the plywood version (milled siding on the outside walls; I purchased this from HBS). I have opened the box and looked at the pieces, but I did not unpack everything (pieces are still bundled and rubber-banded), and instructions are intact. The whole thing is in excellent condition--opened the box a couple weeks ago, which is when I realized I didn't have room for it. All I have to do is tape the box back up and mail it. I don't know if it's ok to post price here, but I'm asking *price removed* plus how much it costs to ship it to you via UPS. I'm thinking US only will be cheapest (I'm in Phoenix; if you live close enough you can pick it up from me). I hate to part with it, but I seriously don't have room. I live in a small house, have a bunch of dollhouses already, and at the moment I have to pack up my entire house to replace floors that got water damaged from a broken water heater (All my miniatures were well away from the damage zone, thank goodness!). So--if you are interested, post here or contact me. Remember this is the Kit only (un-assambled), in excellent condition in the original box. Jennifer Ashley http://www.jennsminis.wordpress.com
  12. Thank you! I will pass that on. I can't imagine trying to put it together without the instructions!
  13. Putting in the second staircase was kind of a pain, but I got obsessed about having a staircase all the way to the top. LOL As you can see from the pic, I cut out part of the floor to have a kind of gallery over the floor below. Love havanaholly's idea of having the tower open all the way from the top w/ a pendulum!
  14. A fellow miniaturist posted on my mini blog that he had a Fairfield kit missing its instructions, and he says Greenleaf hasn't responded to his emails. Where can someone get the instruction sheet?
  15. Here's what the modified tower looks like from the outside. I'm sorry if these pics are too big--trying to figure out how to make them smaller...