• Last visited

1 Neutral

About EchoesofStars

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://starsreflections.blogspot.com/

Profile Information

• Interests
    Math, science, miniatures, Christianity, education. (Not necessarily in that order...)

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Julie
  • Country
    United States
  1. Here's some easy-to-follow instructions for dresses. http://www.cynthiahoweminiatures.com/tutorialindex.htm
  2. Stupid question... what's a swap?
  3. Oooh! Nice! Thanks for the link!
  4. I also agree with Wolfie. That's why I bought the Harrison.
  5. I hope that your memories of your special pet always bring you joy. So sorry for your loss.
  6. My Dad has a cute videotape of me when I was about 5 years old, playing with my first metal dollhouse. It didn't have stairs either, but apparently my dolls had super powers, because they flew from the first floor to the second floor. (Complete with wooshing sound and all.) However, then they took turns jumping off the roof. Don't know why I had them do that, but then again I was only five...
  7. Thanks for the encouragement, Rosalind. I appreciate knowing that other people struggle with theirs too, although I wish none of us had to.
  8. LOL I lose my car in the parking lot all the time. What I want is the BATMOBILE. It drives up to YOU so you don't have to hunt it down in the lot. Hmmm. What about a pink color-changing batmobile? ...
  9. Hello! I'm sorta new, too! :whistle: The people here are really friendly and helpful if you're building a house or doll.
  10. I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'll try. I got diagnosed with a very underactive thyroid, and I swear I gain weight if I even look at food. It's been like this for about 3 years now, but I've only been on meds for half a year. Anyway, please put me down for 5. I'll try, but I feel very discouraged about my body's relatively recent changes! :whistle:
  11. My blog is at www.blogger.com. It's a free blogging site. It's not exactly the same as a true website, but the templates and controls are very easy to use. I use it to post text, videos, and pictures of whatever interests me. You can check out my blog here if you want.
  12. EchoesofStars

Kathryn

My First Doll
  13. I like it! It's brooding and stately. Passersby would know that a very wealthy, dignified, and highly educated family of dolls live there.
  14. Huh. That didn't seem to work. Let me try again. The pattern for the pantaloons was a little confusing, so I used a few temporary stitches to hold them together so I could see how they would fall before I glued them. When I made the gathering stitches around the waist, I sewed them directly into the cotton that I wrapped around the chenille stems that her bottom half is made from. I used two halves of a small pom pom for her rear end to give it more padding.