• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Yvette
  • Country
    Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

901 profile views
  1. Thank you. Any brand name of acrylic paint you recommend? Brand name for the grated chalk pastel? Will the chalk be long lasting and will I then need to seal it please? What should I seal it with? As you can tell I have no idea what I am doing :)
  2. I am leaning towards using polymer clay for full size ornaments. What brand paint would you recommend I use to paint it after it is baked please? Do I need to varnish it (any brand recommendations?) also which polymer clay brand works best please? These would be kids hand and foot impressions thank you for the replies on previous post.
  3. This is where I always come back to for the best crafting advice. I had success with polymer clay for miniature food. now I would like to make real size ornaments for myself and as gifts. E.g baby footprint. I would really like these to be around for a long time (a few decades?) and worry that if I use salt dough it will mold? what do you recommend? anything that I do not need to use a separate stove for (ie can use the oven we cook food in?) thank you!! Any links/examples appreciated.
  4. Can anyone Id this font please or suggest a similar font? http://www.paintedzebra.com/Details.aspx?NavID=84 The "Twas the night before Xmas" font Thank you!
  5. http://www.messylittlemonster.com/2014/12/santa-handprint-ornaments-using-salt.html?m=1 I used to make dollhouse pies etc out of polymer clay but it has been a while since I have done so. I think the above life size ornaments may hold up better with polymer clay then with salt dough. Can anyone help me with directions? E.g can I paint polymer clay? What brand paint? Do I paint it after or before baking? How long does polymer clay bake for? Thank you!
  6. Thinking of doing a custom build loosely based on the Hickory Hill house in Va. Georgian white brick home that the Kennedy's lived in. Not political, just like the look of the house. I have not decided how/if to make white bricks for the front of the home. Not sure if I want to use the egg carton method to make white bricks, a printie or something else entirely. Can you please share any photos/ links of houses where you used white brick? Or houses that you like and white brick was used I.e not necessarily yours. Thank you!
  7. Got one of these for my little one and wondered if anyone has done anything with these houses, e.g. Paint, floors etc? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Vintage-Victorian-Playskool-Dollhouse-Plays-Lullaby-Music-Works-5-People-/390673581916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af5f5c75c&nma=true&si=AAyUO%252Fx%252BSw0PYO0x7vv%252Fxc2t4T8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
  8. Thank you for all of the information and the link. Thinking everything from a Mediterranean seaside villa to Santa's workshop to a Christmas decorated house with mugs of hot chocolate...since I have two others to work on that have barely seen any progress, I have time to think about it...
  9. Got it - found it in a box at a thrift store for 25$. The box has been opened, so hopefully it is all there. I am using my phone to access these boards and unless I am missing something I can see the gallery but not search it. Clicking on a member profile does not let me access their gallery either.
  10. Thinking about buying a Harrison kit. I really like the miniature artist Robin Carey and wonder if anyone knows if she has done a Harrison in her style. Also interested in seeing other completed Greenleaf Harrison's for ideas. Thank you!
  11. Contemplating getting this...wondering if anyone knows if Robin Carey used a Harrison kit, she has a style I really like. Any other Harrison's out there for inspiration?
  12. Sorry about the multiple posts, do not know how that happened
  13. Spotted one in a box, but not sure if a good deal or not...what is a good price? E.g. Under X$ thank you!
  14. Found it - it is the fisher price loving family sweet sounds. Thank you
  15. Wondering if anyone here is familiar with fisher price houses? Came across one that looks like the holiday version, but it is blue. Any ideas?