JewelsRus

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by JewelsRus

1. Tall girl! I am sure she will be beautiful! Cant wait to see what she looks like when she is wigged and dressed!
  2. :imstupid: Oh that is so funny! Not quite what I was going for though!
  3. Oh! This is too funny! That is exactly why I started thinking I was so far behind. One of my friends mother-in-law was always bragging that all her kids were potty trained by the time they were six months. So she is getting all kind of pressure from her husband and mother-in-law to potty train her 9 month old. She dosnt want to because she is afraid she will fail. I thought, "Wow, I am behind, my kid is 19 months!"
  4. Congrats! It is always nice to get a new house to work on. Cant wait to see what you do with it!
  5. OHHHHH! Those are so perrrfect! (OK that was cheezy) No seriously. I never thought of that. That is it! I am going to make one! After we move. I am going to do that along with all my other projects. :imstupid: Thanks for the great idea!
  6. Welcome! I dont remember you because I was not here! So nice to meet you!
  7. It is absolutly beautiful! I love the brick work!
  8. Sorry, it took me so long to respond. Those are great ideas and great websites! Thank you so much! I was just about to order a village kit and I wanted to make sure before I did that I could find dolls to put in them. Now I know they are out there! Pets are fabulous too. So far it is real easy to find furnerature but harder to find dolls, that just makes it that much more exciting when you can find something special. Rosalind, do you have a picture of the doll? I am just curious. Tracy and Suzzane, thanks for the websites. I will definatly search them high and low! Pollypockets and Homis might work too! Homies might not go so well in a Christmas Village though. It just goes to show that there are many options if you just keep your eyes open!
  9. Ohhh! They are so perfect. Good job and good luck at the show (not that you will need it with a beautiful product like that!)
  10. Absolutly amazing! Good work! Do you sell any of your dolls, I am sure you could!
  11. Ditto! That was inspired! Good Job Christine!
  12. hello and welcome! Your house looks fantastic. I cant wait to see your gallery!
  13. Argh! That would make me pretty mad. You might expect that kind of thing in a poor neighborhood but it doesn't sound like that is where you live. I knew people that would joke when they wanted to get rid of things they would just put them out side and within one night they would be gone! The sad thing is it was not really joking because they were serious. I knew people who had a washer/dryer that were broken they did not want to have to take it to the dump themselves so they just left it on the porch overnight. Sure enough by morning it was gone!
  14. My topic title and description ask the question perfectly. Are there dolls out there that small for dollhouses. I havent seen any and I dont trust my ability to be able to make them.
  15. I havent checked ebay I just noticed in my last Hobbie Builders Supply catolog that they are on sale the Santas Village (normally $40) is on sale for $25 and the Greenleaf Village (normally $37) is $29. Maybe I should check ebay first!
  16. Holly, you are on a roll today that is like the thrird time you have made me laugh out loud today!
  17. I have had mostly good experiences buying and selling on eBay. But I get frustrated with it so I have not used eBay for a long time. It is so important to look at feedback but like previously stated even that is no guarantee. hope everyone gets all there stuff worked out soon.
  18. It is so amazing! Good work and thanks for the beautful eye candy.
  19. Well, I think I might get the Christmas Village it is on sale right now and I dont really have a lot of money, that is one my DH said we could afford. Or at least pretend we can afford. That would be in 1/4th scale. I would leave the backs off and have a little interior scene. The problem is theere is two kits. Santa's village and the Greenleaf Village. Any idea of which is better?
  20. That is so fun! I cant wait to see it furnished!
  21. Wow, I am slow. I sat looking at your two dogs thinking, "those arent kids those are dogs." :lol:
  22. I think this topic just goes to prove as many of you have said that all kids are different. I want to be such a good parent I think sometimes I may get over zealous. Well, since we are moving I am defiantly not going to be introducing anything new for awhile. I think moving is stressful on kids and potty training can be stressful for kids so one at a time. Once he is comfortable in our new home I may start thinking about it again. I do think he may be a little young. I have always been so proud because he has been so fast at so many things.. I actually don't think that had anything to do with me, he is just way active. He was walking at 10 months, before that he showed absolutely no sign of having any interest at all in walking. He did not do the hobble fall over thing when he started walking he just started all the way. Same with talking. He very rarely said one word, when he started talking he spoke in sentences, "I want more," "where is daddy?" ect... He did however start talking after many of my friends children, most of whom were girls. We teach him ASL, he was slow picking that up but when he did he picked it up fast. I was actually getting frustrated because it seemed he was not learning any of it. Then one day I put him on his changing table and with out any prompt he said "bird" both sign and vocal. This was followed by, shorts, dog, and many others all in about five minutes. My point is that I have never been able to really force anything. He learns things on his own terms when he wants to and when he learns them he seems to learn them well.
  23. That is such a good question. I am planning on wiring my next house and I have never done it before. A little scary!
  24. Oh. I love the snow flakes and the red with the white trim. It is perfect!