JewelsRus

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by JewelsRus

1. Jennifer, Wow! Those are amazing. Definatly gives me some good ideas. That is just the kind of thing I want to do! The four days before christmas has so much detail. havanaholly, That would make a beautiful Christmas house and has a lot of space for a tree. Oh, it is such a hard decision! Oh, so many houses, so little time (and $$$ )
  2. JewelsRus

moving

Havanaholly, ya, you gotten love those small towns. It is like gossip central! In the town we will be moving to I don’t think there is such a thing as privacy, except maybe the fact that your neighbors are 3 miles away! However it is nice to have people wave at you when you are driving by. In big cities you are more likely to get looked at like they would rather kill you than look at you. Anne, That would be fabulous! It will definatly be the biggest move I have ever made and I have never been far away from family. It is kinda scary, but exciting. On a side note I have been to St. Lous, and I love it! It is absolutly beautiful!
  3. JewelsRus

moving

Oh you just made my day! I have been longing for a dollhouse store and I cant find any in Utah! I am sure there aren’t any in Idaho either but when I go to Missouri, whoo-ho, dh & mini museum & store there, and a craft store on the same street as the Busch Farm! Yeah! Jax loves zoos. That will be so much fun. I am pretty familiar with Idaho, it is very similar to Utah, so it won’t be much different. The different part is going to be the town. Over 65 miles away from a Walmart or MacDonalds. Population 25. Zane, my husband went to school there in a two room school house until high school. It is so small. The first time I went there they put it in the news paper, seriously. We are not talking country; we are talking the middle of nowhere! It will defiantly be a new experience!
  4. JewelsRus

moving

Last time we moved, 4 year ago, I lost my leather jacket. It may seem silly but money is really tight and I saved and used all my Christmas money I was given to buy it. Then within a year it was just gone! I am still sad about it and have not been able to replace it but someday I will. I have even found the exact same jacket I just havent had the same $$$. I will be so carefull this time when I move. It really is a comfort to know my "internet friends are here for you." Thanks! About labeling boxes. I am doing that now. I normally do really good at first but by the end I just dont care any more and end up just throwing everything in a box. I will try to be strong this time and keep everything organized.
  5. I have an uncle that got west nile last year. He almost died but he barely pulled through. He got it in Idaho, where we are moving, scary. It was weird because he is pretty young in his early fifties and in excellent shape. Normally it is just kids and elders that have a big problem. But it is kind of a weird thing because some people it effects and some it doesn’t. Like they were testing grade-schoolers and many of them had gotten west nile but it didn’t effect them. What I find frustrating is they have a vaccine for horses but not people. I knew a vet who vaccinated his children against west nile. I wish I could!
  6. They are adorable! They would make such a cute easter house!
  7. JewelsRus

moving

That was the first thing I did mark all my mini stuff fragile. I am not even going to let the men touch them. Don't get me wrong I love men, but they dont always handle things with care. I will pack and unpack and move them myself. I get kind of like that with my guitars and oil paintings too. I left the polimer clay out so I could relax when I get a few minutes and makes stuff, that dosn't take so much space and I really enjoy it.
  8. ohh how wonderful! It would be so nice to have something like that!
  9. I have to agree it is the mini bug!
  10. JewelsRus

moving

Yes. We are moving. I hate moving, but I think it will work out best for our family. My DH has a year before medical school and this will help us save money. So it is a good move. We are going from Utah to Idaho. DH has a job at the family dairy farm and I should be able to help out feeding calves. It is kind of sudden. We decided 2 days ago and we will be moved within the month so things are a bit crazy around here right now. Anyway, nice to know I can take you all with me because it is hard to leave my friends and family here. Then in one year we will be moving again to Missouri! Crazy! There are defiantly a lot of adventures in this time of life! Anyway, thanks for listening to me. I might be a little slow at responding in about a week, but don’t worry I will mail my swap items before we leave for good. They are actually all ready made! Well, at least that is what I keep saying before I say, “Oh I could make this to go with it too!” LOL to funny!
  11. That looks amazing! What a great idea. I am working on my haunted house for my witch too. Just looking at your creations helps inspire all sorts of ideas! thanks for the eye candy!
  12. You tease! I cant wait to see!
  13. Cant wait until you get your camera back!
  14. My husband and I have a deal that works real well. We both put the seat all the way down when we are done so the tolet is never open. Then we both have to put the seat down when we are done. Aggiemae, that is awesome advice. The thing I have been most worried about is him being able to pull his own pants up and down. I have decided I am going to start with that. Having him dress himself more and more.
  15. I would be a singer, I am a singer but I would be a famous singer, and what I already am (wife and mother) I guess one out of two isn't bad!
  16. Oh! Your houses are beautiful. I like how you focused around a certain color for each house. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the group. You are going to fit right in!
  17. That looks so great thanks for the eye candy!
  18. That looks so great thanks for the eye candy!
  19. David that looks so great! What a good idea to decorate your dollhouses for christmas. I am going to make a Christmas house. I never thought of just decorating one already made for the holiday!
  20. That is a very valid concern. I read in a Mr Rogers book (I love Mr Rogers) that often children digress, as far a potty training is concerned, when there is a stressful situation ie new baby, or moving. They may start wetting their bed again ect... He said it was better to find a time when they are not stressed out to teach them. When is your baby due? Wow, I just started researching this yesterday and I have already found out so much. To think three days ago I knew absolutly nothing about this. By the way, thank you all for your advice, imput, and information. It is always nice to hear from people who are there or who have been there. Ann that is fabulous advice some of that I have been doing and it helps so much. Some of it I had not thought of and I am glad you mentioned it because now I can start putting them into practice too. Like pointing out the letter L. I have sung him the ABC's but that is about it.