JewelsRus

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by JewelsRus

1. Thanks everyone! It has been a good first build! It is nice to do aan old run down haunted house first because every time I mess up I can just think, "Well, maybe I ment to do that to make it look old! I know my next house will be better. I have already learned a lot putting this one together!
  2. Wendy that looks amazing. Good job!
  3. Amanda, it looks great so far! I am excited to see what you do!
  4. Good to know! I dont know if I would recognize you without aubry. I changed mine too!
  5. That is always such a great feeling starting a new house! I cant wait to see what you are going to do with it.
  6. JewelsRus

Haunted House!

My first ever doll house on its way.
  7. JewelsRus

Front room

From the album: Haunted House!

I love this room! I used matches to brown the wallpaper, floors, celing, etc... I like the way it looks so old. Pretty fitting for a haunted house I think.
  8. From the album: Haunted House!

Here is the outside of the house. I started putting tiles on the roof and decided I did not like it. I am going to thach the roof! I pulled the tiles off as well as I could and figured thaching the roof would hide the rest.
  9. JewelsRus

Side of house

I made the bricks with egg carton. I think it turned out fairly well.
  10. JewelsRus

potions cabinet

My little witches potions cabinet!
  11. JewelsRus

beaded curtain

Here is a closer view of the curtain. I debated whether I should leave the beads hanging straight or pull them off to the side. I decided to pull them to the side.
  12. From the album: Haunted House!

Here is a closer view of the baseboard.
  13. JewelsRus

Inside of house

Here is the whole inside of the house so far.
  14. JewelsRus

Attic

I finally got the roof put on the attic! I also beaded a curtain to hang over the door (whew that took forever) and I added a baseboard.
  15. That looks awesome! I have been trying to figure out how to do the furnature for my house. How did you do that?
  16. From the album: Haunted House!

Every page has a different spell. It was hard to write that small but worth it!
  17. JewelsRus

Spells book

I made this book while I was waiting for my house to arrive.
  18. JewelsRus

Kitchen Window!

I used crackle in the kitchen! I like the way it turned out. It looks really old. Here is the other window. Sorry the camera flash is glaring a little.
  19. JewelsRus

Atticresize.jpg

This is the attic, it will be the bedroom. I used some really weird scrapbook paper for the floor and the walls are strips of masking tape which have been varnished. I like the way it turned out!
  20. From the album: Haunted House!

This is the front room. I used popsicle sticks for the floor, and Scrapbook paper for the wall paper. The nice thing about doing a haunted house for my first is every time I made a mistake I just tell myself, "well, it's supposed to be an old house, maybe I ment to do it like that!" My favorite feature of the house so far is the windows. Dragons! I love dragons and I think they look so cool!