JewelsRus

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by JewelsRus

1. That is a great idea Tracy! I did not even know that was there!
  2. It is amazing those little treasures you can find when you keep your eyes open!
  3. I wish I was closer! I would be all over that!
  4. I took a heavy paper and folded it for the cover. I used a sequin for the center of the eye. Then I made all of the individual pages and sewed them onto a strip of cardstock which later I glued to the cover. I hope that made sense. I also browned all the pages with matches to make them look old and worn. The book has an index in the front too. It ended up a little bit bigger than I would have liked but other than that I think it is pretty cool.
  5. Yeah! We finally got our camera so it can connect to our computer! Then I finally figured out (with help) how to resize pictures! So hooray! You can now see pictures of my first house. Check it out. My favorite thing about it is the dragon windows.
  6. Yeah! It works! Notice my son! Isn't he cute!
  7. I need to know how to resize pictures, my camera is finally working! So now I can upload pict of my house, if I can figure this out. Sorry, I know there were instructions a while ago but I cant find them.
  8. Ditto! Great issue! Congrats Jenny
  9. The house is really neat! I cant wait to see what you do with it!
  10. Hello and welcome! I felt kinda the same way when I joined but the people on this form are wonderful, friendly, and always willing to help. i am still working on my first house and I have gotten so many good ideas here. If you are going to build, this is your best resourse. We are glad to have you aboard!
  11. Actually I want to change my answer to red, white, and black?
  12. Sarah, your bathroom is so cute! I am excited I already started making my swap item and I think they will go in your bathroom very well. I am also using this thread to help me with the swap items I am making. Agnes, was purple wood orange paint your colors or was that just an example?
  13. I dont really have a color preference either.
  14. Congrats! I cant wait to see what you do with the house!
  15. Yes, we love reading out loud. It is kinda a tradition in my family. When i was young my dad would read to us. We would read everything, scriptures, horror novels, classic novels. My favorite was Dean Koonz. We read a lot of Dean Koonz, the best one he ever wrote is defiantly Phantoms if anyone is interested. Gave me nightmares for months! Corse I was also fairly young. I doubt it would give me nightmares now. We also read a lot of classic books, Picture Dorian Gray, Where the Red Fern Grows (one of my favorite books ever), Fiddler on the Roof (we actually play acted that one), The Giver (another of my favorites), The Pearl, The Good Earth. You get the point! Reading out loud is probably one of my favorite memories from my childhood and one I continue with my family. When Zane and I were married we spent a lot of time in the car and we read the fifth book aloud. This month was our fourth anniversary so we thought it would be a fun thing to do for our anniversary.
  16. Well, my husband and I stayed up until 3:30 am finishing that book. Not the smartest move on our part because he had to go to work at 5:00! Anyway, I am glad I found out what happened in the end. The book was entertaining glad I read it! There is my critique. It is a lot easier to stand on the side lines and criticize something than writing it! Just my opinions! Good job on the successful series to Rawlings!
  17. Uh oh! If it is lost I have an extra of what I made I can send you. Let us know!
  18. I havent read the rest of the posts because I have not finished it yet and I dont want to find anything out I dont know. Normally I finish one of those books in one day but my husband and I are reading it aloud so it takes a lot longer we read all day yesterday but now he is at work and the book sits and looks at me, "read me, read me." I can withstand and wait until he gets home. But is better be soon! When we have finished I will let you know what we think!