The study wood floor took a turn for the worse. I did another round of stain on my main cherry floors, and proceeded to do the same with it...forgetting I used a different color stain. So now its too dark. I tried a few things - sanding way down, and then staining with different color. I think its a lost cause. I've got some Brodnax parquet on order - that will work out much better.
In the meantime, I did get polyurethane on the first 2 floors of wood, and have moved on to crown, baseboard etc in the living room. Its coming along well - I've got some frieze from Falcon that I used before for a Whitledge roombox and am doing that same thing. A strip of wood behind the regular crown to project it out a bit, then the frieze below it. I'm happy with how its turning out, although its going to mean some time and patience around the fireplace. I will need to touch up with spackle and paint in corners to fill my gaps.
I'm also doing the wainscoting paper from World Miniatures, and baseboard. I only have the fireplace wall to finish now.