• Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Heidi
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4112 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I did that workshop and it was so much fun! I learned a ton of techniques from the masters W&B!  This one has the counters custom painted and with the red trim in the edges...can't help but wonder if it wasn't one of their prototypes for the workshop. This seller has another of their roomboxes on sale - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Artisan-Movie-Theater-Room-Box/303325569500?hash=item469f9ce1dc:g:6W0AAOSwgfpdf-mG
  2. Too much stuff???

Wish I had that problem! That does look like a nifty tool! I got this manual saw miter thing a year ago and its awkward and takes up space on my worktable. I may have to bite the bullet and get this. Price doesn't seem too steep.  My "too much stuff" challenge is with wallpaper, wood trims, and increasingly, paint/finishing products. I seem to be forever digging through all of it to find what I want. 
  3. Lighting that won't be seen

Kim- those stairs and bannister are out of this world! Wow! 
  4. Overall look

Love it! My favorite wallpaper too!
  5. Dollhouses Trains & More Closing

There's a nice article about this, some pictures as well. I really would have loved to visit! https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/entertainment/dollhouses-trains-and-more-owners-are-packing-up-their-toys-and-trading-them-for-retirement
  6. The owner posted today, I think.
  7. Has anyone aged any Reutter brass?

Oh....sorta like this perhaps?
  8. I'm thinking of trying this for my French country house. I am wondering if anyone has tried this and can show me their work? I'm not looking to make the entire pieces grungy, just not shiny brass. I'm thinking of the shower fixture and the faucets in the tub, handle on the toilet. I will also look to replace the faucet on the wood sink, different story there, cuz the one there is underwhelming...but not the topic of this post.  
  9. Who’s going to the Chicago shows?

I finally got around to taking photos and I posted some of them on my blog! https://mini-madness.blogspot.com/2019/09/purchases-from-miniatures-shows-in.html
  10. More Minis Blog

Gina - so glad you're back! Your blogs have been an inspiration to me!
  11. Electricity and false walls...

I usually use the floor method, but you generally have to run the tapewire up a wall to get to the 2nd floor, so there's that. And planning so that you can slide out the floor is key with this method, as @Sable says. Funny, over the years I forget what a pain it is not to be able to troubleshoot the wiring, and I'm now cursing my efforts to glue the baseboards in which apparently I thought my mini residents would need. Removing glued baseboards from wallpaper tends to make me spit out words that normally I only think!  As for stucco, I have done that too, and honestly I haven't attempted yet to put in an outlet in those walls.  I should back up and say that actually I do both the floor and just above baseboard...and those are what I have, in the past, put 'outlets' in, for lamps etc. I dunno why I do this extra, but its what I've done in my houses and to tell you the truth, as I look back, that part, just above the baseboard, has caused me more headaches. 
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Miniatures.com 20% off entire order, code WPC3991 through Sept 4
  13. What's everyone working on?

I've been in a holding pattern on minis this summer, work drains me during the week and then on the weekends I just recuperate and hang out. I've been dreading staining shingles for my Lawbre Chateau, and its cooler in the last several days. What better time? I used Minwax Red Mahogany on my cedar shingles. They are drying now but here's the visual. Boy....I hate staining shingles...this is the first and last time. I made quite a mess, started out badly by spilling stain on the table and concrete patio. Table was covered with craft paper but that quickly soaked through. Anyway, I think these will work really nicely.   
  14. shingles stained

From the album Chateau

I bit the bullet and finally stained my cedar shingles with Minwax Red Mahogany. 1st bag on left, a little drier, 2nd bag on right. 
  15. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Lawbre Farmhouse in Chicago area - $50 - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/333724847486610/