Recent Profile Visitors

2579 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

That's a steal!
  2. Attic beam work

Looks great!
  3. Greetings from Chicago

I may have to plan a trip there...
  4. Miranda, I agree with your assessment, both in minis and sewing. At one Chicago show this year I  met a gentleman artisan from France, whose daughter came with to assist at his booth. We got to talking (his daughter interpreted) and his superb skills will be lost when he retires, the adult children don't have the interest or patience. He carves canes, made cameras and other mechanical items with such detail. And he's just one example. 
  5. What's everyone working on?

I got motivated and papered the 3rd floor bedroom in my French Country. I still need to add chair rail, crown, baseboard etc...I also wired the chandelier. Looking good!
  6. Neither are selling online :(
  7. Oh man...another one    Miniature Makers in Michigan is closing too. http://www.miniaturemakers.com
  8. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

I found a fabulous piece done by Ray Whitledge - he does such nice work.
  9. What's everyone working on?

I'm happy to say I got the dining room wallpaper, chimney breast and lighting all back up. Just have to add the crown moldings again. I also got the wallpaper for the kitchen, and was thrilled to get that up. I'm now finally happy with my choice! I hope this inspires me to finally select the papers for the last 2 rooms on the 3rd floor, and then start on my kitchen cabinets.  
  10. Greetings from Chicago

Hi Keith - welcome to our obsession! I too live in Chicago area. You probably know that we now only have one local shop left - Lolly's in Elgin. Janet can help you with some of the how-to's if you ask her, 
  11. Has anyone ordered from Bespaq Direct?

Little Dollhouse Company shows it on their site. I'd contact them to see if they have it in stock.  http://www.thelittledollhousecompany.com/dollhouses-miniatures-furniture-kits/bedroom-dollhouse-furniture-sets-c-12_389_390/miniature-6-piece-white-bedroom-set-for-dollhouses-p-11427
  12. Things are getting dangerous

Sue replied the width is 1/2 inch. So I'm still contemplating this. Without discussion of price, I asked hubby which he liked better. He preferred Sue Cooks, said he wasn't enamored of half round, rather preferred her shape of arch.  In the meantime, I went back to looking at the arch above the French doors, and while I had noticed months ago, it now struck me. The fanlight is wider than the Door frame, and I find it odd and not right. Having a chat with Teri at Lawbre, via email and photos and I'm still in a quandary about it. She says the doors fit entirely inside, flush with the opening. Then the fanlights and separate trim, inside and out, cover the opening and make the doors' overall width the same as the fanlights.  Mine is different, not sure if the doors were originally made differently (my house is from 1992) or if one of the previous owners got these doors elsewhere
  13. What's everyone working on?

Thanks Nell, I love how it's coming too! French Country Manor update: Kitchen wallpaper has been completely removed, and dining room paper on the one wall and chimney breast stripped. Crown moldings off as well.  Plan is to attach stripped chimney breast, drill holes through to kitchen. Then paper the wall and breast as one. Then locate holes, feed wires through to kitchen and connect. Once all electric is working reinstall crown moldings. I was lucky to grab a couple more sheets of dining room paper from local shop. My kitchen paper should arrive by Saturday so I can work on that next. 
  14. 2 Odd sites - anyone know of them?

I kind of figured it was probable fraud. Emily, I too noticed link to FB was direct to FB, not their site. 
  15. Things are getting dangerous

Hi Debora, Can I ask you what the width of the vertical side is on this? If I do it, my foyer staircase is close to the door - I have about 1/2 inch on the left beyond the doorframe.