Violet2Dawn

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Violet2Dawn

1. Well my dear friends, it was a harrowing experience, but I am here at last. While quite quick the plane had no windows, so I was stuffed into this coffin type contraption and I became quite clostrophobic to say the least. My darling Snowball was waiting to greet me on the porch as I arrived home, what a welcome sight she was. We took some pictures on the porch and upper balcony to memorialze the moments. I have to admit I did have a faint when I saw all the work that had been accomplised in my abasence, and that silly maid took a picture of that too................. Snowball brought me her leash for a walk, I was so exhausted from the trip I had to send the maid out with her. I did catch that blond, Lizzie doing some actual work right, in the cleaning up after the workmen upstairs. Finally! I have to say that Gina woman is a dear soul. She has styled my hair to perfection, I wish you could see the tiny coils of hair at my crown. She has given me the most darling shoes, too bad they are hidden under my elegant skirt. I did reveal my ankles to have some pictures taken of the shoes, so you could see them in the album. I also had a closeup taken so you could admire my jewlery. Gina is quite the craftswoman...............so very accomplised in all tasks. Did I tell you my gown is the softes satin, and my lace very very creamy. Oh yes dear readers I would highly recommend a trip to her boutique to any who inquired. Well worth the trip out west for the superb services rendered. Well I am tired now from having over 40 pictures take today, so I must rest up. The workers will back tomorrow and I must be ready for them, I have quite a long list. Some of the the better pictures I selected an put them in the album with captions for you to enjoy. And as always a teaser or two here for you eye candy addicts! Tata for now loves...............................
  2. From the album: The Tennyson

Snowball and I on the porch..................It is so good to be home at last!
  3. From the album: The Tennyson

Snowball greeting me as I arrive home.................I have missed her so! It is good to be off that plane and home at last.
  4. From the album: The Tennyson

My best shot, a portrait if you will. Notice the details in my jewlery, that Gina Gagnon is a wonder!
  5. From the album: The Tennyson

Even my shoes are so special, look at all the work she did on them, all to be hidden below my skirt!
  6. From the album: The Tennyson

Oh my, I fainted when I saw all the work that had been accomplished in my absence, please excuse me!
  7. From the album: The Tennyson

My regal wave from my upper balcony, Hello Dear Friends!!!
  8. From the album: The Tennyson

Snowball has brought me her leash to go for a walk, how cute..................Oh Lizzie................where are you, Snowball needs a walk.........................Lizzie????
  9. From the album: The Tennyson

Lizzie is finally doing some work, cleaning up after the workmen, then tend to be so messy!
  10. Gayle, I can so sympathize with you. My father and his parents, who lived with us, were even worse than what I get from your story. But we all learn to survive and grow and change. Sure I go to therapy for what I endured in verbal and pyschological abuse as a child, and I probably will for years yet. I am learning to give my bad feelings away, and learning how to heal myself. Turn to your children and Jim as well as your wonderful in-laws for love and support and comfort. Tend to yourself! You should stop trying to always be the middle man for your mother and your bothers. Is there someone else who can call them with news, like a nurse or aide? You need a break! HUGE HUGGGGSSSSS from someone who totally understands! Dawn
  11. Great piece of detective work old man! (no insult intended)
  12. Melissa will you be going? Could we meet there? It sounds like you have been before to this show. We would love to meet you!!!
  13. (((((((((((((((Huge HUGGGGGSSSS))))))))))))))))))))) We are all here for you hun, so vent whenever you need to. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better........................... But since I can't know that we all wish you an easier time of things, and worry about you! Dawn
  14. What we have to take time out to eat???????Leave the show????????????? LOL just kidding, you know I love food!
  15. It would be so unfair to the houses to have to choose just one............I LOVE them all, they are all my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had room to make and keep one of every kind.
  16. They are very cute, can't wait to see how you use them!
  17. The border is fine, I agree with everyone else you did a fantastic job of wallpapering! Another craft tip, dont sneeze when you have the tiny brads for electric work out!
  18. Very nice, I like the vivid red color.
  19. Corwin, I have no idea about the placement of the niche, I just wanted it to be seen, and that was an obvious choice for me. Do tell why they are generally in the stairs. My guess would be to hold a candle or lamp.
  20. Well today we had: Sun, Clouds, Really Overcast Skies, Rain, Snow showers, Ice, Wind. Just stay in New England a day and see what happens.................................Every time I looked out the window it was something different!
  21. Well since Lady Vyne has taken a trip, and is away at the moment, due home any day now. I felt the need to update you on the work that has been done over the past week or so. Well, I had to reconstruct a light as the wires broke too short to use as they were, and I had crossed a wire when I first put it in , which is why I had to rewire it, it had blown the transformer. But it is up now, and all works well so far. I put in 2 floor plugs, and have more to wire after the interior wall is finally dry and sturdy in place. Set up the second floor walls, exterior and interior. Finished the second floor balcony. Put in the upper hall wood floors, and varnished it. Set in the barnisters, rails and such for the upper hall. Boy was that a pain. I didn't realize the spindles on the staircase were longer than those I had, until too late. So a bit of fiddling and all is well. I think it looks better than I imagined it would, given all I had to do to get it set in. Papered the upper hall walls. I hung the niche and there will be a hall light on the solid wall. I am working on the bedroom door. The bedroom will be wallpapered in choice #3 of the first set I posted. It works the best with the balcony door, the carpet I have, the furniture and the fabrics I'd like to use in the room. I recovered a chair for the bedroom, it is drying and not yet in any of the new photos in the album. I made a carpet bag for Lady Vyne. Her poodle, Snowball has been washed and groomed and is on the front porch awaiting her arrival. I even made the dog a leash, talk about insane!!!!!!!!!! I have been fiddling with some hats and bags for Lady Vynes room, as well as on jewlery. Tiny stuff! Hubby is cutting the second floor ceiling piece, it needed some adjustments, so I can work on it. Then it will be on to the attic, which is going to be the maids bedroom. I have to make an entire new roof, as I have expanded and changed the house so much. I am also changing the roof line..............yikes I am crazy. Anyway, I placed the furniture as I think it may be, and took a few shots, they are in the album. One is here as always for those who need an eye candy fix.