Violet2Dawn

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Violet2Dawn

1. Well, Gypsy is off traveling, so I worked a bit on Vlad's. A new album in my gallery has the three pictures so far. I painted on the glue and applied the wallpaper and photo images to the walls. I taped the together so I could photograph them. The pictures are images of the Blood Moon, from uncopy-righted sources. I think dark stain on the window, window grills, door and trim for around the wall images. I have applied repurposed wood strip flooring to the top of the coffin shaped bar, and also need to stain that. Has any one made any of these items, and is so can you give me ideas, thanks in advance. Glass storage rack that hangs from ceiling or is under a shelf so the glasses hang upside down. Bar Stools with backs. Thanks Dawn
  2. Violet2Dawn

100 2217

From the album: Vlad's Spirits and Blood Bar

This wall, to the left will be the back wall of the bar, where I hope to have the glass shelves with bottles.
  3. Violet2Dawn

100 2218

Shows where the door will be, and window. This corner will probably have a table and chairs.
  4. Violet2Dawn

100 2216

Rough paper applied, just taped edges shows the front view.
  5. I did this 1:12 scale pumpkin a few years ago, it is more round than tall but I loved working on it. Then I make the Bark to go next to it, it was a challenge build. Sorry the links would not copy here, in my Gallery they are Peter Pumpkin's Produce and Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers..
  6. These are very cool ideas, inventive and well done. I wish I had space for something like this.
  7. Delightful House, very well done.
  8. Well I did the Michaels run last night. NO mini X-mas out yet that was of a correct size. I did find foil papers on clearance, and some detailed wooden snowflakes to paint. I got the last few sheets of cork, damaged but at a steal because they were. The Lemax Halloween was depleted and not really what I needed. I did get real sized Halloween for my porch and mini slate gravestones that will be sprayed stone and become the backs of the stools at Vlads. I think I may have to go to AC Moore and see what they might have. I still need many tiny bottles of weirder shapes for Vlad I may have to do bead shopping next.
  9. Technology is awesome, but like many of you, I like wood and cloth and metal to build with. As someone said, the cost plus software and filament adds up to a whole lot of building supplies and eye candy for more than one house.
  10. LENE: Some that are cool shapes I am filling with various shades of red water. If they have a wide opening I paint the insides with mail polish. If they are totally closed and not a reddish color I paint them with nail polish. Sometimes I use a combination of wood stain pens then streak the red polish. I have used orange over red too, and purple as a base then red over it. I will have to check our dollar store for that syringe, it would be good for glue or thicker things. Thanks Holly for the reminders about the lite-brite pegs. The one with liquid will be in the hand of the bartender so I want it angled inside and maybe swishes when The box is moves a bit. Just kooky like that.
  11. The horse is not too chubby. I use a rotary cutter and mat to cut leather into very thin strips when I am making mini bags or hats. Just an idea
  12. Did you? I did. I am working on filling some empty mini bottles for the future Vlad's Blood Bar. I had this one with a really tiny tiny neck. So I am trying to poke red water in with toothpicks, force of the faucet, shaking it...to no avail. Then Ding, Ding, Ding the bell goes off. DAWN, You Are a Diabetic, Use a SYRINGE!! Done in a matter of seconds! Sometimes I wonder why the connections come after we have used so much time attempting the impossible in impossible ways, when the solution is in the next room. Did you have an AhHa moment today?
  13. Well today I played with placement of things, and decided I need to semi partition part of the room off as the "Back room/ work place for Gypsy" A place for her herbs, stove, and the like. The cat has taken a perch on the window seat with the plant. There are some interesting book titles on the shelves for customers to peruse. Time out today from any mini work or other chores, my dog has entered retraining (at home) for some poor behavior the last few days. Maybe tomorrow I can do some more small work and think of some sort of creative wall partitions. Maybe hanging beads...who knows. Thoughts Mini Friends?
  14. I have made a Christmas Shop, called Snow Flakes. Like everything else it will be redone and condensed smaller. The album is still in my gallery. I would join in this conversation about Christmas even though I may just collect ideas.
  15. Well the Tea Leaves were telling me that Gypsy needed a new place to ply her crafts. The exposed shelf tended to get rather dusty and so She asked for an enclosed box like Willow got for herself. She also wanted to expand her line of fortune telling items for sale. Gold is very important to gypsies. So the shelf was dismantled and a basic room box built. It is the type you can get anywhere on line for about $20. I had begun the decorating of it, and realized that I wanted creative input from my old mini family, and that I had many rooms to finish. So that is why Willow went first, she was already a room box. Being contained will be new for Gypsy, she loves to travel. But being an enterprising sort, she soon realized that a shop would be more profitable. She began gathering supplies for making and selling a few potions. Collected books on Fortune Telling, Palmistry, Gypsies and Tarot that will be for sale. Gypsy found a few crystals that are good quality for those who wish to try and see the future on their own. Silly people. She also plans to carry some sets of Tarot cards for sale, and her special blend of tea. Well the album has been updated with new pictures and descriptions. Here is a before and in-progress picture to peak your interest. More pictures as progress is made. Enjoy.
  16. Violet2Dawn

Window

From the album: Tea Leaves Talk

This one is blurry, sorry. This is the window wall finished with framing, window trim and through the window you can see the beading of the window seat.
  17. From the album: Tea Leaves Talk

Here is the same wall with the pictures framed out.
  18. Violet2Dawn

Outside

Treatment of outside short wall of box.
  19. Violet2Dawn

Door

Here is the door wall with the pictures all framed out and signs added above door and on wall.