Violet2Dawn

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Violet2Dawn

1. Violet2Dawn

Exterior

From the album: Tea Leaves Talk

The three walls of the exterior are all treated this way. Brick paper, glossy photos I printed from pictures all over the web, reduced to size. Old flooring strips taken off the backing and glued as 'framing'. There are two strips just sitting in place that will be repeated between all the pictures to frame them out.
  2. Violet2Dawn

Further Along

Here is the room with the window seat in place, the door trim up and the rug down. The beading in the window seat is from a necklace pocket my sister made me years ago. You will see more of the same beads on the hanging lamp I have made. The light will be operated by a battery box on the roof.
  3. Violet2Dawn

Shell

This is the beginning of the new home of the Gypsy. Basic room box available all over the web for about $20.00. I reused old flooring, and left it rough, it is the effect I wanted. The walls are scrap paper sheets, and the ceiling is plastic formed tin type ceiling. The window is unfinished as I have a window seat that will go in front of it, and that is why the repurposed step/landing is there.
  4. Well the glue is drying on the final touches of the revamp of this room box. I have loaded more pictures to the gallery. The mystery shopper is back and already has perfume in hand. Willow is gazing out the large plate glass wall looking for more shoppers. She hopes you find a bit of inspiration in some corner of her world. On To : Setting the Talking Tea Leaves shelf into a room box. Gypsy Magic at work!. Enjoy Dawn
  5. Violet2Dawn

Nearly there

Forgot to mention Willow's handicap. She has one leg shorter than the other, so she has a cane, and for stability I had to add a rod that runs down one leg to the floor so she could stand in place.
  6. Violet2Dawn

Willow Fairy's Scent Shop

Roombox, using 4 picture frames. Has 2 solid walls and 2 glass walls. 99% of perfume bottles made by me.
  7. From the album: Willow Fairy's Scent Shop

Front view of Willows shop complete.
  8. Violet2Dawn

100 2190

From the album: Willow Fairy's Scent Shop

How to make the best of an overly bright shot, play with vignette options!
  9. Violet2Dawn

Nearly there

Willow is in place in the redecorated shop, once dry I will add last glass wall and seal it up.
  10. Violet2Dawn

Ariel

Ariel view of shop nearly complete
  11. Violet2Dawn

Selfie

This is what you get when the doll takes a selfie
  12. Violet2Dawn

Closeup

Close up shot of the store shopper
  13. Violet2Dawn

Overview

Overview of the nearly completed revamp of the shop
  14. Violet2Dawn

Shopper

Shopper in the newly re-opened Willow Fairy Shop
  15. Here is a wild thought Kate, perhaps you could call Stone mines. There is one in Vermont, Graniteville, I think. They do demonstrations, or did my last visit. The also sell crafty looking things. I wonder if they would cut you what you need. It may be pricey but worth the call. AND if it helps, I am going to VT this Columbus Day weekend, I could be persuaded to go and pick it up for you if that saves some costs. I could mail it to you probably for less then they would charge. NOT saying they will do it, but if they can....
  16. Oh...see the stash is never complete. Good luck with your bashing and building!
  17. I have gotten 1 skeleton so far and have the undressed dolls to do the customers and even Vlad. This is going to be a longer build with all this doll dressing now. Think I may have to finish the Gypsy Tea Cup Room box next so I have some sort of work room!
  18. Sable it is in my gallery called Buttercup Cottage.
  19. I knew I could count on you all for ideas. I like the idea of the copper Selkie, and it makes me think of thin strips of copper to work with some wood "Iron" brackets, thanks Sable and Dalesq. Holly I think your idea would be more time than I would want to invest. I do have some decorative wood strips that have potential. I have on hand: wood strips for base construction; glass slides; assorted wood brackets; and decorative wood strips. So I only have to purchase copper strips or use up old, odd bits of wiring tape. This build is for a bar scene I have in my head for Halloween. Yeah I know I don't do Halloween, but I am intrigued by Vlad Tepes, the Impaler and idea behind Dracula. I think he needs to open a blood bar in my room box neighborhood. I can see Lily Munster, Morticia Adams and the Bride of Frankenstein as customers sitting at a table. A coffin lid as the bar top, full moon scenes as wall paper. I have been assembling some of the ideas and pictures, as well as materials to do this. Since the shelving unit is a key element, I want it to look special. Not the right word but you get my idea. Old World. So black and copper with the glass does sound like the right track. I thank you all for the expanded ideas and look forward to any further input you may have for this build.
  20. I used thin shale/slate for the outside of small house. I purchased it thin, and made the pieces thinner by using a small flat head screwdriver and a ball peen hammer. I am not sure how large of a slab you need for your counter, but getting a large piece that big and even might be a challenge. How thin can you get your marble sliced? Maybe a wet saw. Can you see if anyone has any samples of the marble, already in a rectangle and thinner than real life, that you could purchase or get for free? I have had good success making faux marble with paints. Good Luck on your project.
  21. Hi Crafters. I am looking for ideas and advice on working with glass microscope slides to create shelving for a bar scene. My first thought is wood, but then wondered if anyone had any better ideas or advice. I am hopeful to use a battery operated 10 light LED string to light it from below, upward. Thanks Dawn
  22. I am changing the last wall from solid to glass, so I guess it won't have an official front.
  23. I can recall having Easter hats and Church hats when I was young. They lived in boxes under our beds.