• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Marva
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

661 profile views
  1. My mother had a house full of dolls from cabbage patch to barbie to Jackie Kennedy in a pink suit in a glass case. It's not strange in my family. Not one question was asked about my dollhouse.
  2. I thought the poster who recently posted about her Amazing Grace Dance studio was making the house after a book theme, but then I didn't see any black dancers in the pictures. heh heh
  3. I think the primrose may be TOO small for a beginner. I think it is small, but it takes an expert to see it's potential. I agree that something like the Arthur is probably the best choice for a newbie.
  4. I keep getting worked up to do a half scale house, but I can never find the right one and I'm unsatisfied. I mean I found the blueberry pie in 1:12 and I'm terribly satisfied with it. But with half scale, I'm never satisfied. I think I can't find the RIGHT half scale house and I think the reason is is that I want the Victoriana.
  5. That the Victoriana would be coming back? How about it?
  6. AustinHighRider

Austin High Rider's Blueberry Pie!

Blueberry Pie Dollhouse
  7. That's kind of the look I'm going for with my pioneer primrose. The table looking thing in the right hand corner... it has a towel bar... where might I find something like that? I don't even know what to call it to search for it. I have tried sink,and I turn up those old fashioned pump sinks, but I actually wanted a counter space sort of...
  8. How did you hear about the show in Lubbock? I would eventually love to plan a trip to Lubbock to see my beloved Red Raiders play a football game AND catch a miniature event. However I did not hear about a miniature event before this and made plans to go see a game on Oct. 28th. Bummer! How on earth did you hear about a Lubbock event???
  9. WOW! That house looks so fresh and nice. Good work. Too bad I didn't see this yesterday... maybe I would have not spent the 40 bucks to buy a sugarplum and would have been happy with the primrose I ordered for my future house.
  10. And Deb's sugarplum. Sorry... it looks like I couldn't edit. ................... I like the porch part... just not the seats. They look like they are part of the porch to me, but I can't tell for sure.
  11. Since I was a little girl I have been writing this story (just for fun, mind you.) I always considered it "playing barbies on paper." The story is basically a compilation of books and tv shows and characters I liked when I was little. I was really fond of the Little House books, and westerns, and stuff by Loula Grace Erdman and any stories about settlers in the west. So I would write and rewrite stories about a young pioneer couple starting a new life together on the West Texas prairie. So I got the idea that I could make a house of their house. I have been writing these same stories for years; I have a good idea of what I imagine their house is like. It would be very small, of course. I ordered the primrose first. I always imagined their house would be one large room with a low-ceilinged attic for the bedroom. It seemed the primrose fit. But then I saw some pictures of others' sugarplum houses (Tracy's and Havana Holly's I think) and on a whim I ordered that one too. It seems to have more room, but perhaps there's TOO much room in the attic for what I imagined??? Anyway... now I have two on the way, and I'm not sure which one I'll use. I preferred the primrose at first because I did not like the silk screening of the windows of the sugarplum, nor the porch seats. However, as I said I saw what some others had done with it... mainly that they'd changed the windows... I liked it more. Now, a question... can that porch be easily removed from the sugarplum? I haven't found a rendition yet where someone left the seats off. I'm somewhat excited about this project, though I'm worried about some things... Like I always saw their house as having a dirt floor (wood planks are expensive on the tree-less Texas prairie) I don't know how I could replicate that. On ebay I have already ordered an old fashioned rifle, though I have no idea if it's of the right period. But my male hero (Sonny) always had his gun resting by the front door. So I thought that was cool to find already.
  12. So the email has been sent? IF you didn't get word that you won... you lost?
  13. I was wondering how you painted the shingles on your sugarplum in your webshots gallery.. color... anything special done... And I was wondering how you made the siding on the purple primrose. Thanks for any information.