• Last visited

0 Neutral

About dryermichelle

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://dryermichelle@yahoo.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    I do mostly plastic canvas needlepoint, cross-stitching. I love to put together dollhouses. But has limited time to do, since having children. I love to read historical novels and tudor historical books. I collect teapots, and cookbooks. I mainly cook crockpot recipes. I love the middle ages english stuff. Some day hope to make a castle miniature.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    michelle
  • Country
    United States
  1. On the website: www. about.com/Miniatures. This site has alot of tips and tutorials and a newsletter. There is the miniature site that has a calcalution chart for the sampler. You type in the finish size and get the fabric count. Or do the fabric count and the finish fabric will estimated. Also on this site is free charts for patterns; And pointers on the cross-stitching. I agree with one of the previous emailer. 22 or 24 or higher count will work wonderful. But petit point fabric counts can be higher. Herschners or marymaxim has fabrics, you can order online or through catalogs. Amazon.com has some pattern books, you can order, too. Donna Kooler or Joan Elliot or Sue Cook or Helena Philipps has some nice motif and sampler's books. Check your local library for some of these to look through and see if you like it before you buy. Michelle
  2. Thank the angels that guard your family and frineds. And the dollhouses. I am so glad that you survived. Michelle
  3. I know what you mean. I work with mentally disabled people in a daycare setting M-F, 8-4. And than go home to husband and 3 pre-teens- 1- daughter-13, twin boys-11, 3 cats. Sometimes, I wish I was in space- floating with NO ONE around. And other days, it doesn't bother me. But it is better when they are busy, too. Right now, my hubby is out of work. Union pipefitter are laid off alot. But we are surviving. He can be a big baby when I get home along with the kids. Michelle
  4. For the time of 1950-1970's that was how everything was. The wife stayed home totake care of house and kids. Since more women are in the workforce now than ever before. This really doesn't apply. Now it's whoever gets home first does the cooking or ordering out. Kids are so busy nowadays that sometimes no one is home to do anything. Housework can be put off for the weekends. Or late night, can't sleep manic clean up. Sometimes, the early generation had it great is some areas. Like More time for housework, crafting. But not in others- no rights to work any job, no own money to spend. In some cases, no complaints. My mom is in her 60's and was a housewife, then a breadwinner due to a divorce. Then, she met and remarried a wonderful modern man who loved her for her. Strong-mind,opinionated person. So she done both sides of that era. I grew up to work in the late 1980's to present. And we have evolved into a more equal marriage. That is first one home, decides the meal, what kid does what in homework, chores. Some days, it's me, other days it's my DH. But we value family over housework. So our house ain't that clean to the white glove test. But it is clean clutter for the most part. That 1950's era good wife guide is not going to work at my house. Michelle
  5. Maybe, put out some water and food on the porch. Have a lookout person keep an eye on the porch. Try to imitate the mother's meow that she calls her kitties to her. I will pray for her return. Michelle
  6. My advice in making things out of beads and jewelry stuff is Super Glue and pins, and wires. Do dry runs about any gluing. Use jewelry part as bottom of teapot or saucer of a cup. Glue the bead of your choice to the bottom piece. you can line up the holes with a straight pin pointing up and glue the bottom to bead to cap all around the pin. or start with pin cap, bead, bottom. Hold with tweezers or fingers til dry. 1 or 2 mins for most projects. clip and file the pin to level with bottom or cap. Finish with wire for handle, glue. Smallest bead for cap knob. With or without pins. It should hold together fine after 24 hrs drying time. Michelle
  7. The Sugarplum is wonderful for the schoolhouse. With the second level as storage or teacher break room. Also you can consider the Buttercup or the Storybook Cottage. Depending on the theme of school. Victorian, 1900's, 1930's, post-war II or modern. Or for other themes- ballet, art, computers, dentistry, medicine, or music. Anyway you want it will be fine. Be brave and take the first step and do what you want. Michelle
  8. I love the quick sofa you have made. Nice work! Michelle
  9. Hello Gina, It's me Michelle from dreamdwellers. Wow, what a nice castle box. I haven't done anything like that. But I would like to do something like that. I hope the attachments that I emailed you got to you. And enjoy the reading when you get your book, and doing some of the projects.
  10. What is the name of her book ( patricia king's)? michelle
  11. Hello everyone, to Aunt Kathy when you are finish the repairs on your Beacon Hill. You can get some neat pre-made stuff at minishop.com. But the best is some neat stuff you can make out of stuff around the house. The best books to make some of your own is 1. victorian dolls'house projects a day in the life by christiane berridge. 2. making miniatures projects for the 1:12 scale dolls' houses by christiane berridge. 3. the dollhouse decorator by vivenne boulton. I hope this is helpful. Michelle
  12. Hello, I'm new to the greenleaf community. Your roombox is very beautiful. I have been working on a roombox but not as fancy as that. I use a 18pk beer bootle carton. I spray paint the outside to cover the advertisement. I cut out opening for windows. I use plastic from the cd packaging that we save for the windows. I just put plain colored multipurpose paper on the walls and ceiling. Now, I am stuck on the floor. I tried the felt but it doesn't quite looks right. I came across some cork tiles at $ store. But I have never work with cork. Or a friend of mine told me to use popisle sticks without the ends. I just don't know which to go with and in what direction to lay it. Well, anyways. I just wanted to say you did a great job. The roombox is very beautiful.