Retained

• Member Title
    catching the mini bug!

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Amie
  • Country
    United States
  1. I want to sell my almost completed house and furniture. I have all the necessary parts to complete it. Make me an offer!!!
  2. C.J., I am speechless! That looks amazing, great job. I love the idea of having a 3 dimensional "snapshot", a picture in time. Truly impressed.
  3. CheckMouse, that sounds beautiful!!
  4. I think the room boxes appeal to my sense of history, because like I said you can capture a more specific moment by focusing on one thing. It's like making a 3-D photograph. I want to do historical scenes. Historical CRIME scenes. I'm a true crime fanatic, and a history major. I'd love to combine the two. Weird, I know! But I was inspired by the nutshell studies done in the 1940's. I think I've posted the link before but here it is again, just for an example. http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/05/11/science/051209-Forensic_2.html
  5. I hadn't seen the computer one...where is it?
  6. They just seem to capture one little moment in time, like a photo, rather than the feeling of exploration I get from a dollhouse. Does that make sense? On another note, check out this very creative idea for a laundry room inside a jug of laundry detergent!!
  7. I'm thinking of making a couple of room boxes before I start another house. What are your opinions on them? Are they as fun as a dollhouse? Also, anyone have any hints for building your own?
  8. Looks fantastic!! I like the color combination. I'm working on the orchid myself, my first house also.
  9. Now I HAVE to do more houses, just to accomodate all this stuff!
  10. I can't figure out my camera...pictures are always too small or too dark. :throw:
  11. Have you ever been in the right place at the right time? A new re-sale shop opened up around the corner a month ago, and I've bought a few miniatures from there. Well yesterday I went in and the guys said "we will sell you the whole lot for whatever cash you have", which was $30. They wanted to get rid of it, cause no one besides me is buying it and it's taking up room. What stories do you all have about getting exceptional deals?
  12. AmieO

The Orchid

My 1st dollhouse!