4 Neutral

About DLam

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Diane
  • Country
    United States
  1. I started my first dollhouse, the BH, after Christmas in 2012. I was scared to death to start and got the support from all of you to just do it. Almost 2 years later I can say that I almost have the exterior done. I told myself I wouldn't start working on the interior until all of the exterior was complete. I have enjoyed reading this forum off and on the entire time and you guys have helped and have shared such wonderful ideas the whole step of the way. Building the BH has been such therapy since Superstorm Sandy and I am so glad that I have her. I even got the 1.44 for Christmas last year and plan to get that one done as well. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for being there
  2. Do you know what type of hooks were used in the bay windows?
  3. I am also glad that you started this as well. I got my BH for Christmas (always wanted to build one) however to be honest I had wished my husband got me a smaller one to start. His theory was if I never built another one at least I would have one that was grand. I also found the staircase a nightmare, as well as the porch. Looking at the picture in the directions it seemed upside down. I had to take it apart 3 times and it took 2 days before I finally figured it out. I am currently on the bay windows. Since I work full time I cannot work on it as much as I like and only do on the weekends, so it is very slow going.
  4. Holly, thank you very much. Started today, didn't really get that much accomplished, but I started and that was huge. Even from what I have done so far I know I am really going to love doing this. I really appreciate your words of encouragement it has helped me greatly. Thanks again....Diane
  5. Thanks I will definiately check it out. Started today, didn't really get that much accomplished, but I started and that was huge. Even from what I have done so far I know I am really going to love doing this. I really appreciate everyonew words of encouragement it has helped me greatly. Thanks again....Diane
  6. I want to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement. I will take Holly's advise to get started and go from there. I will also check out the tutorial link that Blondie provided. Thanks again to all and I will keep you posted how things are going. I have made up my mind to start today and cannot wait for the house to speak to me!....Diane
  7. I want to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement. I will take Holly's advise to get started and go from there. I will also check out the tutorial link that Blondie provided. Thanks again to all and I will keep you posted how things are going. I have made up my mind to start today and cannot wait for the house to speak to me!....Diane
  8. I have been wanting to build a dollhouse for more years than I care to admit to. My husband bought me the Beacon Hill kit for Christmas and honestly I am very intimidated by it. I have read the instruction sheets about 3 times and I have read through the website for tips as well. Any newbie pointers would be very welcomed.