Rhonda from the Bluegrass

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rhonda from the Bluegrass

1. I have noticed the slowness quite a bit lately, and I am thinking that it is probably because of the extra cyber traffic due to the holidays. I can always tell when Ebay is being traveled heavily due to the same reason. It is so much more noticeable on the very large sites such as this one and Ebay.
  2. Hi, Gina (this remark is for you) . . . I just wanted to say hi, and let you know that when I was talking about some dolls being "pricey", I didn't mean yours (I didn't even have any idea what your price range is) . . . I was actually talking about dolls by makers like Cindy Gates. I have always enjoyed seeing the pictures of your beautiful dolls, and have often thought how much I would have liked to purchased this one or that, but somehow, things always came up and I was never able to. I have always heard excellent things about your dolls, and I certainly agree that porcelain dolls are lovely. I had to smile when I read your somewhat fired-up reply earlier because I understand how much an artist is tied to their creations and how much appreciation of their work means to them. I would never, ever denigrate someone or their artistic creations - especially an artist such as yourself who is bringing lovely things into the world for others to enjoy.
  3. Whew, I am wiped out! I did get mine done enough to send in pics today, but having said that, I am so disappointed at how much I DIDN'T get done! I had awesome ideas for landscaping it, and a few other details that I just couldn't get to. Mine won't win anything, but at least I won't lose out on the free kit like I did last year. Next year, I have GOT to get started earlier . . . a postal worker should know that December is going to be just impossible for getting anything done! By the way, all the entries I have seen so far are just fabulous! Congrats to all of you - I am so amazed by the great ideas you all had, and by the beautiful job you did on them! To say I am impressed is an understatement!
  4. I only like having dolls in my houses IF the dolls are well-made and beautiful. As a result, many of the dollhouses I wish could be inhabited aren't . . . the dolls I fall in love with tend to be pricey. I do think it is worthwhile to save up for a good doll if I want an occupant in a dollhouse as I think clunky dolls take away from a dollhouse. One thing that I have noticed lately is that there are a lot more interesting resin dolls out there than there were before. They are certainly more affordable & I do enjoy using them when I find one I like. Plus, they take paints well, so they can be modified . . . a definite plus. Of course, when I hit that big lottery, I'll be begging our very own talented Jo to make me some of her incredible dolls - I love each and every one of hers!
  5. Very nice, Sherry! You did a perfect job on these!
  6. Sherry, as always, your wonderful details have brought life to this charming room! I love each and every thing you think up! And, I love the dog poking his nose into the room!
  7. Add me to your fan club . . . your work is beyond extraordinary! Frankly, with the detail you include in your builds, I am not even sure that furnishing are necessary!
  8. This museum piece is absolutely stunning! The masonry you have done is, in my opinion, the best I've seen in miniature. How I wish I could see this in person some day!
  9. I love this kitchen . . . it looks great!
  10. These are all beautiful! Where did you get that wonderful long table? I wish I could find some of those!
  11. The only real masonry I've done is brickwork (see my U.S. Post Office), as I prefer using Creative Paperclay for most of my "masonry". Having said that, though, my brother used real masonry on my Coppertop Cabin. You can view it in my album. I think it looks great, but he did experience some problems with a variety of issues: one was getting the consistency right for miniature work (too thin and it cracked, etc. . .), getting the stones to adhere as well as they should because when you are working with such a thin depth of mortar, the stone doesn't seat as well as it would on a full-scale house, and finally getting new mixes of the mortar to match in color. The fireplace inside the cabin was also done with real masonry, and I think it looks really beautiful. I hope seeing the pictures of my cabin will help answer some of your questions.
  12. Jo, you have captured this theme in such exquisite detail that it could not (literally) be any more perfect! I have been a huge fan of Russian art for years, and this is worthy of any (fortunate) Tsar's family!
  13. This is so exquisitely beautiful that it just takes my breath away! The door detail is amazing!
  14. Jo, this has got to be one of the most gorgeous miniature rooms ever created!
  15. How very beautiful! The artistry you put into each and every thing you do is exquisite!
  16. Jo, this really adds a powerful artistic impact to the building! What an incredibly innovative idea!
  17. This is wonderful! It is perfection.
  18. Jo, this is another absolute museum piece! I am absolutely astounded by your abilities and artistic vision. I could look at this beautiful, beautiful room all day!
  19. Hey, everybody . . . could you all send a collective "you can do it" my way? I am still way off track - as most of you know, I've had an "eventful" year to say the least. I've just been falling further & further behind on everything! A week or two ago, I had some lab work at my doctor's office & and found out that I have Pernicious Anemia, and both my B12 & Vitamin D levels are both significantly deficient. In fact, neither of them even came close to making it up to the lowest numbers of the normal range. I am now taking B12 shots, a prescription sublingual (under the tongue) daily B12, a daily prescription Vitamin D and a weekly prescription Vitamin D Megadose. At least I know now WHY I've been getting nowhere! My doctor told me she doesn't know how I have functioned at all, much less been able to work. She said that with my lab levels, I should have been flat on my back. Plus, I've had to have my cat "Liam" back to the vet again (more money I don't have - gone forever) and I'm pretty much consumed with keeping him on track. Anyway, I still have at least 50% to do on mine, I work for the USPS (and it's Christmas season, which means work is even tougher than the rest of the year), and I am broke (no money to buy any items to work with). So, help me out . . . send out the "Greenleaf Cheerleading Squad"! I've been telling myself I can do it, but I think my own belief in that scenario is a bit shaky. Thanks!
  20. This is certainly another gem for your collection! I love the beautifully crafted artisan pieces so much!
  21. You have GOT to have one of the most impressive collections of high-end miniatures I have ever seen! I always know I am in for a treat when you get more "goodies in the mail"!!! You always select truly beautiful, unique pieces and I am awfully glad you share them with us on here!
  22. Hi, Sherry! This is just fabulous . . . you always have every single detail just perfect! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed seeing this come along!
  23. What a stunning transformation! I am especially taken with your unique alteration of the 2nd floor tower . . . that transformation really takes the Harrison to a new level and a wonderful new aesthetic. I have a very run-down Craigslist Harrison (in worse shape than yours started out), and I hope I can breathe new life into mine anywhere near as well as you did this one! Bravo!
  24. Congrats, Cathy! I must confess . . . I'm STILL not done with mine, and don't know how in the heck I am going to make that deadline!!!! I've just had too many catastrophes to deal with, too little money to work with, and too many health issues to feel like working on it. Aargh!!!
  25. This one is so fabulous that I am positively pea-green with envy!