5 Neutral

About Rhonda from the Bluegrass

• Birthday 09/25/60

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Lexington, KY
  • Interests Dollhouse miniatures, beadwork, polymer clay, landscaping, reading, watching movies, and my 7 crazy cats!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Rhonda
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4071 profile views
  1. hi i was wondering if you still had the instructions for the dura craft sf 550, i am trying to build it for my daughter and it would realli help alot if you may be able to email me the instructions thank you!! kaydenday2011@gmail.com

2. Me too. could you please email me the instructions for the Dura-Craft San Franciscna SF-555 please? I would so appreciate it as well. Merry Christmas. jcbus@ymail.com

3. I saw you e-mailed someone, that you have instructions to the duracraft san franciscan 555?? Is it possible you could e-mail the instructions please?

4. Hi, I tried to send you a message and it said you don't/can't use the messaging system?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi from another Ky. girl! I live in Pikeville, about 2-3 hours from Lexington in East Ky.

5. I am so ashamed.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I've always heard "it takes all kinds" in regard to humanity. Really? I honestly think that if all the rapists, murderers, thieves, arsonists, druggies, etc. . . decided to leave, I wouldn't miss them. It always seems to me that the people who try to live moral, fair lives are the ones who are censored, put down, and ridiculed. Everybody is always going all out to try to defend the criminals and their acts . . . to find or create excuses for the vile things they do. I am just sick of it!
  6. Asking for your prayers . . .

Hi, Chris: thank you so much for your kind reply and your suggestion. I don't know if they can prescribe that, but I will ask my brother about it. I just want him to have this behind him, and be healthy again. I still remember when he was born - they lived in Vicksburg, Mississippi at the time - I went all the way down there to meet him, and he was the most beautiful, angelic baby: blonde ringlets and enormous blue eyes! He is 29 now, but I still remember those first days and it just tears me up to see him going through this. He's a good fellow, and my brother is an outstanding man, so watching such good people (especially ones I care so much about) go through this is a truly heart-wrenching situation. Thanks again . . . your well wishes and prayers bring me comfort.
  7. I am so ashamed.

I feel that way, too. I am disgusted with HBS because of the facebook thing, and because they had set a precedent for many years of giving the entrants the next year's kit and then stopped it cold turkey, with no notice. I mainly entered because of the kit gift. When I called them, they informed me they had recently offered next year's kit on sale. Well, fat lot of good that did me . . . they put it on sale before I knew I wasn't getting it. Now, it is over $120 + shipping, and there is NO way I am going to pay that! It was THEIR idea to make an overpriced kit for the contest - the least they could have done was give us a "heads-up" in time to buy it on sale! I am really starting to wonder about how these contests are handled, anyway . . . last year, I heard who was going to win a certain big contest a full month before the judges announced the winners. The people who gave me the information said they had it on good authority. I kept thinking "surely not, how would these people know?" . . . but, when all was said and done, the one that I had been told over & over was going to win . . . did. Add to it the fact that the winner had closely emulated someone else's style, and I just didn't feel very good about the overall situation. Of course, that was just my reaction . . . I am sure we all had our own individual feelings about it. It just leaves me feeling that perhaps there's no point in my even entering. I don't do gimmicks, I am nobody's pet, and I don't kiss up.
  8. I am so ashamed.

While I am glad her intention was to educate, not to promote the use of meth, I am going to be just completely honest here: I think hers won a prize because of the gimmick, not the artistry of the piece. I saw several entries that I personally thought were much more deserving in winning a prize than that one. Do I think hers was well-done? Absolutely. Just not better than many of the other entries. I can think of three that Greenleaf members did that I think are better than that one. (I am absolutely not including mine. Mine wasn't nearly even finished, or at least not as finished as I had plans for it). It just seems like the contests have degenerated into a "who can come up with the best gimmick" situation. Before all of you jump on a soapbox, yeah - I know it's Ernie's contest and he can decide who wins. I get that, o.k.? While I realize many of you will disagree with me (that's o.k. - you are entitled to do so), I am just going to say that I believe in honesty - I don't have it in me to say what people want to hear just to appease them. I don't believe someone should be chastised for being honest (within civil boundaries, of course), and I don't think it is acceptable to have double standards. For example, why is it that it is wrong to "censor" a piece we don't like (and be accused of "bullying"), but it is completely acceptable for everybody to "censor" a person's opinion (and that's not considered bullying)??? That is what I have seen happening, and I don't care for it. I think this goes back to not seeing the forest for the trees in the way . . .
  9. Asking for your prayers . . .

My nephew is having his brain surgery (far more complicated than we originally thought) on Tuesday, February 1st. Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated. It's all I can think about - I dread this ordeal for him so badly.
  10. Cellfoam 88 for the chimeny

You did a beautiful job on it! It couldn't be prettier!
  11. Asking for your prayers . . .

Thank you all so much . . . your well-wishes mean more to me than you could ever know. I am feeling really disheartened . . . they had to put off his surgery because my nephew had taken an aspirin a couple of days ago - he just didn't know it would be a problem. So, my brother, his wife and of course, Keith had a long, tiring weekend and now Keith is going to have to think about this until they can safely schedule it. They are having to allow an entire day for the surgery although they are hoping it will take approximately 6 hours - they have to allow extra time in case complications come up. Another thing my poor nephew has to worry about now is that they told him they will have to slice the top of his head off to operate and won't be able to re-attach it for 6 weeks (due to some kind of special thing they have to do to it). So, needless to say, he is completely afraid of the whole process, and he will have to be very, very careful to keep his bandaged head safe and out of harm's way. Also, when my brother got his family back home, all of their water pipes had frozen up, so my brother is having to try to work on those instead of getting some sleep. I'll just be glad when all of this is behind us. I would trade places with my nephew if I could . . . I am already 50 and have lived a lot of life. Since I can't do that, I will just have to keep on praying, and gratefully accepting all of your prayers as well. Once again - thank you all so much. You have got to be the kindest group of people I've ever known. 2010 (and now 2011) have been way tough, but having all of you here to help me is a beautiful gift . . . one I will always appreciate.
  12. I`m new here

Hi, Carin! Welcome to the forum! You are in the right place here . . . we're all dollhouse addicts! After you make 5 posts, you can put photo albums up . . . I can hardly wait to see your Pierce and the rest of your minis!
  13. middle of ky

Hi, Rob! I am so glad to see you on here. I loved hearing about your collection, and I hope that you will be able to post pictures on here soon. You are allowed to post pictures after only 5 posts, so you are on your way! Anyway, WELCOME to the forum!
  14. green newbies

Hi, there! I am delighted you are joining in. You are going to LOVE building dollhouses . . . it is relaxing, fun, and exciting. Plus, this is a great place for a "green newbie" to get lots of helpful information. Welcome on board!!!
  15. Asking for your prayers . . .

Thank you all so much for your kind words, well-wishes, and prayers. I got bad news this morning regarding my nephew . . . after a consultation with the surgeon, we found out that his tumor is at least 10 times bigger than they thought, and it is urgent that they get it out, so he has already been admitted and will be operated on first thing tomorrow morning. They said that if it got any bigger at all, he would go into seizures. We are all so scared for him, so please keep those prayers going! I picked Liam (my cat) up at the vet this morning, and I am literally praying that, this time, he can keep from having a relapse. With the $400+ vet bill I had today, I've already spent going on $2,000 on his medical care. And, worst of all, is that I didn't have it to spend. I don't know how I am ever going to recover or catch up financially. Anyway, I am glad to have my little fellow back and he (and his siblings) are thrilled as well. Today is the last day of my "vacation", so it will be back to my horrible job over the weekend. Sigh. How I hoped I would win the lottery while I was off. . .