corispice

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by corispice

1. corispice

Kitchen picture

From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Just a cheery little picture cut from an Allposters.com catalog in a Chrysnbon frame!
  2. corispice

Kitchen

Originally, I had a Chrsynbon set in here and then fell on top of it (oops!). Currently, the chairs are HOM and the window treatment is simply glued on lace. I love the yellow/black/white combo. I just ordered an HOM round table kit to go with the chairs.
  3. corispice

Living room

Living room furniture made from Realife and HOM kits, nice "hardwood" floors & "marble" entryway (individual tiles from HBS), damask pattern scrap book paper underneath the chair rail, and poorly homemade curtains and pillows!
  4. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Isndie the dollhouse... bright, cheerful colors with white trim and ceilings, and different floors.
  5. corispice

Porch detail

The address is my brother and sister-in-law's street address... I had to buy some hanging plants, if I had a porch in real life I'd hang plants all over it!
  6. corispice

Front of house

The entire front... pistashio green and several shades of purple... I think it's girly without being overbearing.
  7. From the album: RGt Vermont Farmhouse Jr.

Just me... chilling with the dollhouse before our 5 hour trip across state to deliver it!
  8. corispice

living room

I adore this wallpaper!
  9. I've been on a Re-ment kick, too, since I discovered a store near me, called appropriately "Kawaii", that sells them by the blind box. I'm kind of tempted to by some Barbie furniture to go with them.
  10. I wish I dreamed about dollhouses... usually I dream about work, and that's never nice!
  11. In the end, I was so indecisive... my boyfriend and I were at a shop recently that had a Lily unfinished but built and it was so lovely, and so much bigger in person, and I really adored it. BUT, currently we live in a 1000 square foot apartment with a large percentage of it taken over by 2 dollhouse projects and the mess they (err... I) create... then I was kind of tempted to go with a Brookwood... but once again, I have this mess. So, I went with my first instinct and bought the bay window shop by Houseworks. I am kind of in the mood for a smaller project anyway, and I loved building my coffee shop... it allowed me to try things I wouldn't with a bigger, more expensive house (like craft stick floors and paperclay)
  12. corispice

Dollhouse Aquarium

Your fishtank is awesome! It looks so real.
  13. Hi, Bre! I've built RGt houses and one Greenleaf... and the Greenleaf was about ten million times easier to wire, so don't worry! It is alot easier to get those little brads into the plywood walls, and easier to maneuver the house to weird angles to get inside to put tape, etc.
  14. Your furniture looks great, the Lilliput trim is well suited to it. It can be used in all kinds of settings, too.
  15. You seriously make some of the most fantastic, realistic food. I envy your talent!
  16. Those are just too cute! I can't wait for my mom to send me my RL Easter basket!
  17. Hi, Dawn... I adore modern furniture in mini and real life, and finding stuff, as you can tell, is difficult. A great place for stuff is Dollshouse Emporium. It isnt in the US but they always have a free shipping deal, even to the US (I have ordered from them a few times, I always wait until there are a few things I want and order to get the free shipping). This month they have free shipping for a purchase over 70$. If you check out my Georgetown gallery or my blog, you can see some of the stuff I bought from there (including my kitchen cabinets) Ebay is an ok place, there are all kinds of things to find, just search "modern" or "contemporary". You can find the designer modern chairs there sometimes for a good price. A great resource for modern minis is the mini modern blog at http://minimodern.blogspot.com/ She has a ton of links and awesome pictures. Good luck!
  18. That is just fantastic and beautiful. You have a gift with floors!
  19. I'm just glad other people have thought about this staircase issue and can't put stairs in a bedroom! It drives me insane. I've put all kinds of walls in the Emerson Row just to have seperate rooms and I didn't use stairs -- it seems ok for a house to have stairs or not, but to have stairs only going between 2 out of 4 floors just doesn't make sense!
  20. There are so many things I'd love, but I just used the "buy more save more" coupon, and you know how it is, I was so close to getting the free shipping I ordered a few more things... But if I get something, I'd like another Houseworks shop. Prob the corner one for now. If I had more money, it would be the Houseworks kitchen kit and if I had a lot of money, hands down the East Side Townhouse!
  21. I'm loving your house so far, and am so excited to see someone else who is in to the modern decor thing. I love LOVe love that kitchen, and might have to copy you and buy it for something! What kind of things to do you have planned for the other rooms? If you look at my gallery, the Georgetown house has all moden decor. Oh, the way you have the scrapbook paper in the kitchen right now makes me think that it would look awesome if you did large, bright, randow colorblocks on the wall. Like a big, but not all the way up to the ceiling block of yellow, and maybe a shorter,wider one of orange. Kind of Mondrian-ish.
  22. I'd love to go to the Cleveland show since there doesn't seem to be a spring Pittsburgh show like last year, but it is a busy weekend at work for me :lol: I would love to go to the Philly show, too, since my parents live relatively close... but it would involve driving all the way across state. Terri, do you happen to know why they arent doing the spring show this year? It seemed to be successful last year, with lots of vendors and visitors?
  23. corispice

playing around

Love the kitchen, I am obsessed with the ReacJapan chairs... they look so perfect in your contemporary ranch!
  24. Oooh, I would love some small scaled toile, too! And I totally second the furniture past the 20s, I'd love some 50s style furniture.
  25. I like that one about junction splices! HA! How about trim came perfectly mitered at any angle?