corispice

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by corispice

1. There is an awesome blog all about mini modern things, and the lady who writes it has the Malibu house, maybe you could check that out? The address is http://minimodern.blogspot.com.
  2. It looks great, and I agree, it makes it more modern and sleeker.
  3. I love it, your colors are great and the addition is a really good idea (you'll be able to fit a double bed and a real kitchen!). Houses like yours make me forget how I should be saving money bc the economy is bad, and make me want to go bid on one on Ebay!
  4. I love your teapot, I wish I could get my naked Crysenbon to look that good! But I have a special love for the cherry one, bc my mom took me mini shopping last year and bought it for me.
  5. Last time I got to work on minis (2 days ago) a huge shipment of craft supplies arrived in the mail, and I made a little cake and experimented with liguid Sculpey and my new clay extruder tool! It was so fun. And messy!
  6. Those chairs were actually kind of a distaster at first, I kept adding more and more paint and it splotchy and gross. Finally, I mxed a little of this gel stain medium that was on clearance at Michaels with burnt umber paint, let dry, and sanded all of the edges. Thank you for the compliments!
  7. I just wanted to share what I've done with some HOM kits I purchased from Ebay recently... I have been having a blast with them, and was suprised how easy they are (though the couch was bit of a pain!). Anyway, they are for my Emerson Row, which is going to be a cool, mismatched bohemian style dwelling so nothing coordinates at all. I even tried to make curtains, and I've been experimenting with poly clay, too! I have some more kits I am working on, unfortunately, the next few days are going to be hectic in real life.
  8. So, I am a restaurant manager, so obviously, I have to work on Saturday... a bunch of us decided since we'll be spending the day away from our significant others, we'd be each others Valentines. I made these tonight for Satuday... they are red velvet cupcakes with pink creamy homemade frosting, chocolate drizzle, and little Butterfinger hearts on top! I saved 2 with extra frosting and chocolate for my boyfriend! Is anyone here doing anything special for Valentines?
  9. corispice

Kitty Kat Border

That really is some cute wallpaper!
  10. You look beautiful! Blue really works for you. Did you end up buying any makeup at the Mary Kay party?
  11. It looks great, it looks like you've worked with clay before. I think it's very charming, and if I had done a fireplace that looked that good, I would be super proud of it. It's going to look really awesome with the aging, as was suggested before. Good luck!
  12. I go through phases with EBAY, too... right now I'm obsessed with buying HOM kits, I bought 8 of them, I think, through seperate auctions and the most I payed was $7 including shipping, so I think I've gotten pretty good prices.
  13. I have this house, still in the box (bought it at HBS 1/2 off sale last year!) and I agree with turn of the century house. I bought it b/c it looks like so many houses I see around my city. I have some cool plans for it, but I'm forever working on my Emerson Row.
  14. Seeing these pictures inspired me to try and make my own food, after owning and fearing poly clay for like a year. It ended up being super fun and somewhat successful, so thanks!
  15. corispice

The Seduction

This bed is so aesome, I wish my RL bed looked this hot when it was unmade... and made... or ever!
  16. Adorable! I love all of the little details you put into it.
  17. corispice

Soup's On 1.jpg

Your foodmaking skills astound me... it all looks so great and so real.
  18. It's very cute, and that cake looks delicious!
  19. What about those cabinet kits in the HBS catalog, they seem to have shorter upper cabinets. I recently bought the fridge kit and the sink counter kit and they were super easy and fun to put together, and you can finsih them any way you want.
  20. I agree with everyone else, I like the current colors. The wallpaper is pretty, if you love it, you should keep it.
  21. Well, we didn't lose, there were jovial riots in the streets... I don't even like football, but my boyfirend and I had friends over and we waved terrible towels all night long and then after the trophy was given or whatever, we walked up to the street (we live in Squirrel Hill, for all of you Pittsburghers) and partied with some people on the streets and then went into a few bars and then headed home around 1. I have friends in Oakland and the Southside, too, so I can imagine how crazy it was there (esp, with all of the roads being closed in case of said rioting!)
  22. I enjoyed your ER progress and the final result was awesome... I'm working on one now, too, but it's kind of an on and off thing (my kit was kind of really warped and then I decided to wire it, and then I decided I wanted to make the majority of items for it, then I found out how fun poly clay is...) In fact, I wished you had started yours before I did so I could learn from your progress (how you put the floors in before the 2 thin walls in the middle, the stairs, etc)
  23. I've been through the wiring MDF thing, it is a pain, but doable... for the outlets, I hammered them in with the house lying on its side and with a small piece of wood over the outlet. If you hammer too hard it can squish the outlet and then it's pretty unusable. Also, someone earlier said thumbtacks to begin a starter hole, and that works well, too. In the end, though, I got so frustrated, I hid wires and just plugged everything into an outlet and stopped hardiwring ceiling lamps, etc in. Working on a Greenleaf house now makes wiring almost fun, I can't believe how much easier plywood is to wire!