corispice

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by corispice

1. Your stucco looks really great, and realistic, too.
  2. I like it, and the silver beads... I've recently bought a few of these kits, too, and I'm obsessed!
  3. I like the color, and the posterboard is a cool idea, makes it easier to just put up the strips and trim to fit later.
  4. Love all of the pictures... this is an awesome diner, and it looks completely fun!
  5. I love your Willowcrest... now, trying to find one!
  6. corispice

Side angle

From the album: Emerson Row!

I still have to brick and paperclay the other side wall, but I'm still working on tapewire on that side. The bay rooves are "copper" and patina'd (is that a word? I think not!) Not too shabby for an old, warped, splintery kit... I recieved a huge order or HBS supplies (ceilings, lamps, trim, etc) so I have ALOT to do... too bad friends are taking over the living room shouting at the tv for the Steelers game...
  7. From the album: Emerson Row!

Still plan to brick part of the front... but it seems to be coming along!
  8. I think it would be a great kit, my first house was an RGT house. The only thing that looks annoying on it is all of the little tiny details, and that might be b/c I am too impatient for stuff like that. By the way, I love that house so much.
  9. Delivery people, at least some of them, are probably trying to protect themsleves. My boyfriend is a FedEx contractor and he has issues before where he has delivered something and left it when he thought it was safe and it was taken or stolen or something and he had to pay for it.
  10. That bed is so awesome! It has a whole kind of luxurious yet sleek look. I wish it was real people sized!
  11. I have the glue that HBS recommends for Chrysnbin kits, however, it is really annoying and takes forever to cure. I've read other suggestions on this forum... I know that I've used nailpolish on the bathroom pieces and kitchen pieces by Chrysnbon and it looked really cool, it was Sally Hanson metallic polish and it looked like stainless or brushed metal. I was really annoyed by using regular old craft acrylic, though.
  12. I'm sorry you are having to unpack your minis, and about your house sale. Oddly enough, I am waiting for an order from HBS AND building an Emerson Row, which I go through phases of loving to build and being extraordinarily frustrated with (the wood is warped, and this is my first tab and slot house.) Anyway, I kind of hope you pull out some minis and blog about your progress with the ER, b/c your blog is really inspirational (I was visiting my parents over the holidays, and showed my mom your blog bc she is kind of thinking of getting into minis). Hope you get your wallpaper soon!
  13. looks super awesome! great effects!
  14. I don't have too many books, but I have this one I bought bc it was actually at Borders one day when we were there (of course there were like a million scrap booking books, and one mini book) called Dollhouse Style by Kath Dalmeny that has projects from all different time periods up to modern. But as I like modern stuff so much, The Modern Dolls House by Jean Nisbitt is awesome! It has so many great pictures and some projects and all in all is wonderful if you ever venture to do a more modern house (though it does have stuff in it starting with Edwardian).
  15. From Greenleaf I'd love a Brookwood, and from RGT I'd love the East Side Town House and the new Painted Lady kit.
  16. I've been so good with money lately that I treated myself to some siding and some flooring for my Emerson Row.
  17. I love your little cottage! The colors are nice, and I like the Tudor design!
  18. corispice

My first dollhouse... RGT's Georgetown

An adventure through the mistakes and mishaps of a mini beginner.
  19. corispice

Side view

From the album: My first dollhouse... RGT's Georgetown

I just love this house with the columns. Now to do the ground floor railing (I hate painting and cutting rails).
  20. From the album: My first dollhouse... RGT's Georgetown

A year long search for 9" shapely wooden columns comes to an end!
  21. corispice

Houseworks Shop

22. corispice

The shop now

From the album: Houseworks Shop

Finally found an espresso machine, and finally finished the outside of the coffee shop. It is called the "71A Cafe" which is a reference to a real coffee shop near my house called the 61C, which is named after a bus. I take the 61C now, but for the longest time, in college and after, I took the 71A bus so it's kind of representative of that. Dorky, I know! At the Pittsburgh dh show, I got a little payphone which is inside of it now. Also, the outside lamp doesn't work, it's the one I broke when wiring the Georgetown.
  23. From the album: Emerson Row!

I know thet're a bit too big, too crooked, and everything I make is bricked some how... and I do feel a little insane knowing how many more of these I'll need to cut to do the other side, but it's ok for a first attempt. I think they'll look pretty cool with some grout and some aging and when I paint the paperclay underneath.
  24. From the album: Emerson Row!

It doesn't look too awful, does it? Now just have to go to Michaels and get some more paperclay!
  25. Your house is seriously one of the most beautiful and inspirational dollhouses I've seen. Just simply lovely.