• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Linda
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

516 profile views
  1. Your house is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it! Great job. I have the Beacon Hill and started it 3 years ago? I was on a roll, but then we moved and I have yet to get at it. I will soon! You gave me incentive.
  2. After several years gone-bye, I'm back. I am still working on the Beacon Hill and almost done! Thinking about buying the "Ponderosa" or the "Garfield" next. Any suggestions??? I missed all the fun these past few years. Looking forward to seeing you all and talking dollhouses and looking at all the pictures of creative minds! Linda (Bluehighways)
  3. I've been working on my BH now for a couple months. It's all good. I wish I could post pics but so far the computer won't let me. I suppose I could finish it real soon, but I lollygag. Today, more sanding and painting.
  4. Thank you for all your answers. I appreciate your help.
  5. When I'm through with this, I may not be enchanted either! Thanks Holly for your thoughts! Appreciate that.
  6. I received my wallpaper today. It is sheets of paper. I guess in my mind I thought it would be more like real wallpaper, in a roll? I ordered from Itsy Bitsy and Dejoux Dollhouse mini's. When it comes time to put into dollshouse, I use wallpaper paste?
  7. I read up on how to wire. I watched youtube videos. I stared at my kit for a few days, then said, "Today's the day!". I have two rooms wired and working, 7 more to go. All these little tester holes. Do I need to cover them with scotch tape before I wallpaper? Just a fleeting thought but I can imagine water getting into those little holes and shorting out all these wires and 1/8th inch brads! Oh, my! Coffee please.
  8. Love this picture! LOL! Checking for mice and wishing she/he was a mini!
  9. I am not using hot glue but good wood glue. Never liked hot glue for anything! Whewww. What you said and what I'm doing, thank goodness is what is happening. I'm sure I'll make some mistakes, lets just hope not big ones! Not sure what to do with the ceilings... wallpaper/paint. What do you do -anyone? I'm moving at a snails pace and thinking before I do anything. I have to really keep in check with my ADHD - I'd put some pictures up but doesn't seem to let me - yet.
  10. I'm working on the Beacon Hill....First time building anything other than legos and lincoln logs......decorating? you mean like wallpaper? I did a dry fit for all the parts so far then glued what the directions said??? I glued all the steps tog. but not permanently glued it to the floor or walls so I could take out for wallpaper? Does this sound okay? Plus the electric tape things came yesterday. Reading the little book that comes with the kit. I think next step would be electric then wallpaper? Oh, I so hope I'm doing this right. See? I needed you....and couldn't find you in cyberspace... tell me its all okay.
  11. Good Morning all! I received my Beacon Hill kit the day before Greenleaf revamped their site! BTW, I like the new setup. So I really felt lost when I opened the box and started finding my pieces and labeling them...and so far I've been sanding, sanding, and more sanding along with dry fitting pieces and gluing. I'm still working on the staircase. Got stumped and thought a day and a half before the answer came to me. I'm loving every minute of it. Today the electrical stuff and hopefully some wallpaper comes so I can have it all when I need it. I'm in no hurry, between watching my granchildren off/on and working on this house, Life is Good! So glad your back in my life though. I feel a lot more secure!
  12. I bought the Beacon House. I have read some of the peoples tales and I'm frightened! But excited too. So glad there is a forum for help. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions.
  13. I'm new at building doll houses. I've wanted to do this for a long time but kept putting it off. This time I found what I want to build and pressed "Buy" so it's on the way.... hope I can do this without distroying it! lol I figure with your help and my determination to learn, I can do this! I'm making it for myself. We have 11 grandaughters (7 grandsons) (4 great grandsons with 2 more on the way)...I should of started this hobby years ago I guess. Better late than never!
  14. Bluehighways

Scarlett's Beacon Hill