bookmarm

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by bookmarm

1. I was worried the 'snow' just looked like halloween 'cobwebs' (*snicker* okay if it does) There were comments from the library staff and patrons that 'Winter Holidays' needed to arrive soon. This was a fun transformation!
  2. curtain challenged here, as well. I have the pleater. Got lot's a swags to do for the Lincoln house, ...just no talent! Courage and strength
  3. geez,what a sweetie! Hope all turns out well for him!
  4. go to my gallery and then to the library house! Winter and the holidays have arrived in the dollhouse in the Childrens Room. I had many hours of fun changing the seasons. What'cha think?
  5. From the album: The library dollhouse

the sitting room got a garland and stockings
  6. From the album: The library dollhouse

the front room. The tree is 'in progress'. Tried to wire those tiny items on, but gave up. I should have left a bottle of wine on the table to help.
  7. From the album: The library dollhouse

the children's room. Messy and well used. The tree is topped with a princess hat and decorated with candy canes
  8. From the album: The library dollhouse

It doesnt snow often in central SC, but this morning there was a 'light dusting' at the library dollhouse as it got dressed for the holidays. I'm not real good at creating the cold fluffy stuff, but these are pics of my attempts. All SC kids want to see snow, so get your sleds out. We always used momma's cookie pans, since we didn't see the white stuff often enough for the real equipment. Mom never had a flat cookie pan after that.
  9. PJ's near Charlotte NC is closing 12/31! Since our local store closed last year, this was the nearest for us. Jeff has a wonderful shop and has been so generous with his time and projects for NAME and other mini groups. We are heartbroken and very sorry for him as well.
  10. Yep...most of mine have been just point and shot pics. The auto focus on our camera doesn't always do a good job. I probably should use a small tripod to steady the camera. Gladyou might have found a few! good luck with the venture! Gayle
  11. If there's anything in my galleries that you'd like to use, I be glad to share. I wouldn't know how to choose if anything is particularly interesting. Your blog/gallery is a wonderful idea!
  12. no trouble here. Jim was on earlier looking at stamps and didn't have problems.
  13. oh, yes! I'm starting to feel better! I love seeing them...including the minis!!
  14. Margaret, in SC the STATE closes down for snow!!!LOL! A nightmare is when it happens on a workday and we have to wait for the govenor to shut down businesses. A few years ago they let everyone go at once and it took me 4 hours to drive the 15 miles home. The icey roads were clogged with the cars. They came up with a better system of letting offices close in shifts the next time. Believe me, you don't want us driving on slick roads down here! We can deal with hurricanes, but ice just doesn't happen often enough for anything other than sanding equipment for the bridges. I'm a kid again when we do get it. Yesterday I wouldn't have been surprised to see some flakes. I could smell it nearby. Sort of smells like the interior of a freezer. It was cold and cloudy. I'm sure the mtns of NC probably got some.
  15. I agree with Greg. Seems like you could open it up and do a roombox scene of a shop. It really is cute! You've picked up some great stuff at those church sales!
  16. Thanks folks! I put a few more photos in the gallery, now that camera batteries are charged. I painted it in a very soft light ecru/white, so it looks slightly aged. The inside shelves are chambray blue. I've always liked these cabinets when I see them in decorator magazines, but have no hope to find a full sized one.
  17. Wendy, take care of yourself! Courage and strength! That other SC Gayle IS special and you are so fortunate to have a wonderful friendship! Gayle, the flowers are lovely! 'Irmo SC' Gayle
  18. you're right Holly. Those types do have issues. I've heard comments from coworkers that only poor people shop at GW, and I correct them by saying it's a great place for everyone to donate/shop and that goodwill is a job training program for folks who might need help after hard times. My boys grew up in consignment/thrift store clothes. Kids outgrow things way too quickly to buy new! I usually donate back through another organization that does supply clothes/household goods/food to needy families.
  19. Oh dear! Poor Holly! Feel better soon! Glad you got a box from Gayle to cheer you! I had to be at our store early this morning so I could let in the staff. Jim had to be a the Holiday Market at the fairgrounds by 9:30. I sat and drank my coffee in the office and reknitted the row on the new shawl that I've pulled out twice. Finally found the mistake this time! I dashed into goodwill before heading to the grocery store. I saw '$1 sale' on green tags, so I headed in. Spent $38 on: 1 pair of pants, 5 skirts (two were ann taylor and one was lily pulitzer, one pretty j jill corduroy, and a nice short brown velvet one), Also found 5 tops and sweaters (liz C, chicos,old navy). Got three things for $1 (including the lily skirt). There were three very loud shoppers who were there to buy 'tacky clothes' for some party. They were so obnoxious talking about how ugly everything was and that they would have no trouble finding horrible outfits. No one could escape from their comments and I really wanted to go over and tell them that not everyone can afford to dress from Nordstroms, and they might keep their insults to thems selves since they don't know how others in the building might live. They certainly don't need to hear thoughtless comments yelled at them. I had no trouble at all finding lovely stuff to wear to work and I always amaze my coworkers with my finds. I can afford to go to malls, but choose not to. All it takes is a little imagination and some time to go through the racks at GW. Why not consider it 'recycling'?
  20. oooh! I really like cray-pas!
  21. I'm blue because we probably won't put up our tree this year...just no time to do it with work and the store...and the 5 indoor cats. I have plans for dealing with that last trouble by next year (install glass french doors on the dining room and have a 'no cat' zone). I might still decorate the sideboard and windows and maybe one of the little houses. I just enjoyed looking at Heidiiii's tree in her gallery. I'd love to see what all of you are doing for the season! please, please! I need to get in the mood before I drive downtown and decorate the library dollhouse monday.