• Last visited

Everything posted by bookmarm

1. bookmarm

IMG_5267.JPG

From the album: Dolls

2. bookmarm

wedding doll

From the album: Dolls

My friend Sandra poured and painted the doll parts, and I put her together/clothed/wigged her. I had told her I wanted to recreate my wedding dress, which was originally worn by my Mom. My Dad died when I was two, so he never got the chance to walk me down the aisle in it. I always felt there was a hole in my heart that day. Anyway, Jim and I celebrate our 30th next week, so this was my project. I'd like to put her in a shadowbox with wedding portraits of our parents and grandparents someday. My Mom and I both have the same color reddish hair, and wore it loose around our shoulders for our ceremonies.
  3. bookmarm

dining room

Thanks! Just snippets of wired ribbons
  4. I can't be creative in an orderly environment. I need chaos. Yes, I am a hobby supply hoarder as well
  5. attended mini-club meeting Sunday and learned to make "leather goods" from Model Magic clay. Made a purse and some bedroom slippers.
  6. I'll be swimming across the big pond, so it may take me a few months. Save a piece in the freezer for me! Happy Birthday!
  7. yep, re-wallpapering isn't usually too bad unless the builder did something awful like use hot glue to stick it on. The Brownstone I restored for the library had old wallpaper issues and most of it had to be replaced. I steamed/scraped/sanded what was loose. I used a good stikflat glue to put the new layers on. I've seen no problems with buckling or peeling. The wall paper I used over the walls was fairly thick.
  8. it has great 'bones'! It will be an awesome rehab! I wonder if it might be scratch built. What does the inside look like? Isn't it great to find these old houses?! Can't wait to see what you do with it! Lot's of TLC!
  9. bookmarm

Baby Lily

thank you Jo and Rhonda. Lily's sister Maisie (next to her but cropped out) hasn't been very easy. Tortoise-shell cats are all 'dark's and darker's' with a few weird light colors added in. They make it hard to bring together and look like a 'cat'. Lily was the fun subject. I enjoy drawing people and fur-babies I love!
  10. I have one in "re-hab" too. I've about settled on a soft yellow main color with white trim like this. I have enough brick stencil to do the base in that. I'm leaning toward a dark shiny red front door and either a few med. blue shutters around some of the rectangular windows or white and green striped awnings. I thought the awnings would be fairly easy to come up with from the fabric store and with some scrap wood. I've struggled through several color changes since the house moved in with us 3 years ago.
  11. yep, Newberg (DC). I have one in "re-hab" in the basement
  12. bookmarm

Walls are up!

Very nice! Abby looks like our Tortie, Maisie. She's giving that cabin a cat-scan.
  13. did Hallmark have a washer or dryer ornament that have some motion? I vaguely remember a friend having one, but sometimes 'vaguely' is the best my memory can do.
  14. bookmarm

Baby Lily

From the album: family and my other hobbies

colored pencil sketch.
  15. yep, Glencroft was my favorite build
  16. I've been working on the tiny French knot cat rug since last Christmas. I regretted not swiping up the $25 Duracraft SF kit another club member had for sale at the mini garage sale a few months ago. Well, she still has it and it will be coming home with me from the meeting Sunday. Stick me with a fork, I've got to be done with kit buying!
  17. repainting, for the 4th time, the old Newberg house a friend found for me at a yard sale. It was aqua/magenta/purple/salmon when it arrived. I can't seem to love any color scheme I've tried.
  18. great idea about the ava-pets for July Mine are Lily and Maisie
  19. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcy78rnDKiQ sorry...we're having a severe thunderstorm here, so computer issues.
  20. horrific news, Holly! We've been following as close as we can to the updates. I can hardly believe the devastation this will bring to our Southern shores.
  21. storm clouds and lightning tonight. Seems like the week will go this direction. Please say a prayer for a (best friends) family in SC/FLA who are going through a tragic time.