bookmarm

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by bookmarm

1. babies know where they need to nest
  2. babies know where they need to nest
  3. here are our boys and girls Alexandra the Tortie Pt Siamese, Ray Charles the blind yellow tabby boy, Cyrano the red-neck rabbit boy, Lily and Maisie the 'Dammit' Sisters, Ollie our beloved bichon/poodle gal rescued from a puppy-mill, and Mammy/Princess ocicat the Grande Dame lady
  4. back from FLA tonight. Navy (and there was an Army representative) military funerals are so solemn and dignified, but a beast to get through. It was a sad journey, but I'm glad we could make the trip down. We stayed three days and drove back today. Stopped on Amelia Island to stick our toes in the surf and reflect. Then stopped in to an antique store we'd spotted on the way in. A wonderful spot and loaded up two arts/crafts era solid oak chairs for $40 (for both), and two old Shackman miniature kitchen pieces for $7.
  5. we have a bunny (Cyrano), 5 felines (Mammy, Alexandra, Lily, Maisie, and Ray), and a very old poodle/bichon (Ollie)
  6. Happy Father's Day!!!! Jim has asked for an old family favorite recipe of sea scallops with wine/cream/mushroom sauce...a Julia Child recipe I inherited at marriage. I've tweaked it a bit so our cholesterol levels don't soar upwards quite as high. Kellan is making his father's favorite choc fudge.
  7. thanks Heidi. We hope to leave this week far far behind. Jim and I haven't had a restful sleep for days. I can't imagine the situation our friend's family is going through. Okay, deep breath and another deep breath and maybe another. Supper. Chicken thighs with bacon/lemon/wine/sage sauce. Comfort food on the agenda tonight. Thunderstorms around us, but we can still use the rain to beat down the heat
  8. off from work today, since I work tomorrow. Emotional roller coaster this week. The worst part was getting news that a dear friend of 30+ years put a gun to his head. He leaves behind a wife and in-laws who are reeling. We are waiting to hear funeral plans, and then hope to go. They are in FLA, so it won't be a one day trip. I have done so many mindless house and library tasks just to fight the sadness.
  9. From the album: Other houses...

a friend bought for $5 for me. It will probably become an emporium with 4 stores inside (books, Oriental antiques, floral, and a yarn shop). Still playing with the outside colors. The ecru and green really don't work with the pink. Pink might not work either....
  10. bookmarm

Newberg

From the album: Other houses...

is still basically a clean slate inside
  11. From the album: RGT Lincoln house progress

They aren't very neat looking, but my imagination and time were running out before a local mini club display. Just bits of ribbons and scraps of old lace from my sewing supplies.
  12. bookmarm

RGT Lincoln house progress

figurines from the Historical Society "Great American Women" series. 11 arrived today and were inspecting the RGT Lincoln house progress and the Bespaq furniture in the lighted display. There's also a pic of the Demon A, who can sleep anywhere...on top of anything (clamps/blades/files and paint pots do not keep her from napping)
  13. bookmarm

bedroom curtains

From the album: RGT Lincoln house progress

I had just enough antique lace I'd bought at a garage sale to make the sheer panels for the two upstairs rooms and the hall landing. The toppers are just bits of wired ribbons
  14. bookmarm

hall landing

just has a settee and desk with chair
  15. bookmarm

entrance

is pretty cramped for space
  16. bookmarm

dining room

curtain swags are finally up!
  17. From the album: RGT Lincoln house progress

just has simple window toppers with sheer panels
  18. hummm...maybe we should get a Senior Discount at the GL store....
  19. yes, I always want to 'live' in my houses as I decorate them! That's one of the reasons I seldom have dolls in them. The exception to the doll-thing is my conservatory that has one I made in Jane Austen-y garb (I love that era) sitting at art easel with cats/knitting/embroidery/flowers all around. My husband says that is me in there. I think he's right!
  20. most of us who grew up under palmetto trees with lizards and cockroaches know how to treat our fellow human beings MUCH better. So sorry for this misery, Sally! Hugs and hope the (*****) relocates
  21. hummm, she will be a bachelorette for awhile...her dance card will remain open for names. Sandra had brought hair, fabric, and trim to share with us. It was fun to see how unique the dolls turned out. Some followed the dress pattern...some varied it (I chose to leave off the sleeves, and scoop down the neck for a Summer-y look).
  22. Poured and fired porcelain. The teacher had painted the faces and blushed the skin tones. Students put the bodies together, dressed, and wigged them. A really fun class!
  23. went to a dollmaking workshop taught by a member of our mini club. I'd only made one doll several years ago who resides in one of my mini greenhouses. The teacher for the workshop is wonderfully talented and inspiring! Here is my dancing lady:
  24. yes, the lady who gave the workshop pours and fires them. She had the faces painted and the skin 'blushed' very prettily! We just needed to put the bodies together, dress and wig them. Sorry the photo is out of focus!
  25. went to a doll making workshop yesterday.