bookmarm

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

7 Neutral

1 Follower

About bookmarm

Profile Information

• Interests
    I enjoy mini house construction of course, but also like dabbling in making furniture (mostly from kits), accessories and landscape. I like restoring old dollhouses (have done two). My youngest son (15) has now joined me in mini making and likes to construct military items (also does most of my electrical wiring). My hubby is a model train hobbyist, so we have plenty of mini tools (hooray!). <br />I'm a knitter and artist (pencil, mostly) in addition to working at our public library. I'm a member of a very active local miniature club.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Gayle
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,756 profile views
  1. thought about adding an access door, but decided the attic was large enough without it in my FF
  2. GL houses are much more challenging to build than most company's, but the details make it so worth the time. The wood is thinner, and the parts are numerous. They are "drama queens" and fight back, at times, but the trade back is that they aren't boring square boxes. My Beacon Hill is still only partially built because she's pouting about extensions I'm making in some rooms, and she and I agreed to take a step-away. I'm building a GL Brimbles Mercantile (will be a small public library, instead of a store) right now.
  3. Beautiful little gal! Congrats!
  4. took Easter lunch to my mom and finished installing the new washer for her. She and I talked further about her moving to an assisted living spot near us. She is 93. I think she is ready, but afraid she won't like it. It is a nice friendly place where the residents seem engaged in activities and very well cared for. We've visited there twice with her and had good vibes about the quality and care. Her memory and hearing continue to fail, so it would be a relief to know she is in a spot where she can be around folks, 3 meals a day, have options for activities, and her blood pressure med given on schedule. Spent the last few hours painting the porch posts of the Brimbles Public Library. I do love this laser cut kit!
  5. just ordered the Brimbles. I've been wanting that one forever. I plan to make it a library
  6. Hi Holly!!! Have missed all of you!! Many months of trying to get my 93 year old mom better hearing aids and decisions on assisted living places. Emotional roller coaster for all of us. Glad to be mini-minded again!
  7. Congrats to you and Chris!!! I've been away and hadn't seen your news until this morning! Both of mine were c-sections (first was an emergency, the second son stayed breach to the end). I know you can't wait for that little one to arrive!
  8. CHEERS for YOU!!!! Congrats and keep it up!!! I know it isn't easy, but what a wonderful goal!
  9. bookmarm

family and my other hobbies

when I can't 'mini', I knit and draw. These are some of the colored pencil drawings and lace shawls I've made.
  10. Welcome! The Glencroft is a wonderful house! Probably my favorite to build so far! Love the idea of a modern one.
  11. bookmarm

four legged sons and daughters

our feline daughters and long suffering Ms Ollie pup...and adopted old 'son'
  12. bookmarm

Flop house view

Bea, I noticed Casey in one of your photos. How precious! Ms Ollie is 19 years old, but still has plenty of energy. We got her when she was 9 at a local pet rescue. We were told she'd been a puppy mill momma who was dumped at the facility by the owners. Their loss has certainly been our gain because she is a wonderful sweet pup! Even the cats love her (don't always love each other, but they love Ollie....).
  13. I just doubled back and saw that you've posted for a copy of the instructions in the past week. Sorry to have missed that, but we we've just gotten back from vacation. Let me know if you still need them. I'll be glad to send a copy.
  14. Chylon, it would be wonderful to have traced outlines of the pieces on those 3 sheets! Do you need the building instructions for this house? I'd be glad to copy and mail them to you? Do you have the same model #?