what2craftnow

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by what2craftnow

1. So very sorry for your tremendous losses, dear lady. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you gentle {{hugs}}. ♥
  2. LMAO! You all are too funny! Fling-shot: That dizzy sense you feel after taking zillions of photos of your completed Fling, trying to capture just the right shot. I equate it with 'snow blindness'. Also can go by the name of Flertigo.
  3. FLATulents: Spring Flings that never make it out of the box. Awwwwwwwwwwwww (heavy sigh)
  4. Flurgatory: The place ALL Flinger's hang out in while waiting for the Spring Fling results.
  5. Fleazles: small, itchy bumps and rash that appear on one's skin when one has neglected their Fling project for too long. (sometimes mistaken for shingles, but are another more common dollhouse "issue" altogether.) Only known cure for this malady is to stop procrastinating and get back to work.
  6. Seems we all share MANY sides of whatever dysfunctional or debilitating "somethings" that hinder or prevent us from our goals. On a brighter note, while we may not always be able to 'complete' our goal, we can ALWAYS take pride in just TRYING. This forum always provides the gentle nudge.....grateful for that, and sooo much more.
  7. Just read the Greenleaf Gazette edition in my email, and I have to say... It made me smile, It also made me cry. Most of all, it made me so thankful and PROUD that I belong to a forum of such a diverse group of creative souls who genuinely care for and about each other, and each other's frailties, conditions and struggles to remain active and positive about life's endless up's and down's, and still maintain our mini passions. Kudos and many mini hugs to Deb, Heidi and ALL Greenleafer's...for understanding, for sharing and for enriching ALL our lives simply by being YOU! ♥♥♥
  8. Oh, fear not...I'm not going to really let him blow it up. I may just put it out with a "free to good home" sign on it.
  9. LOL Audra!! What fun! My son has LONG wanted to do that to one of mine...and if I don't finish that darn Colonial 300 and get it the heck outta here, it might suffer the same fate as yours did. I know to most that seems nearly like blasphemy, but...sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. I guess, to me, it is only wood and glue. Sadly, I never am very attached to my houses.
  10. My hubby used a reciprocating saw. Home Depot has some for around $80 if you don't have or know someone who owns one. They are harder to control if you aren't used to using one, but it makes short work of it. I would think you are going to have to cut away in pieces rather than that whole 8" back coming off in one piece. Perhaps cut off top floor/roof area first, then approach the lowel level. I don't know how many interior walls you have to go through. You just have to take them one at a time. Trust me, the absolute hardest part.. is making that first cut. Once you get started, you will be able to better see where to make the next cut, and so on. Not sure this helps you much, but I wish you good luck with it. We'd all love to see a pic or two of your house as you work on it...we are definitely interested in eye-candy around here!
  11. I say GO For IT. I had hubby cut my Marquam Hill Mansion, as I only wanted to keep the 3rd floor level. The thing was a MONSTER and I didn't have room for it anymore. I have been working on it sporadically with the intention of having it outside permanently (more or less..not too sure about winter yet) I have several more coats of polyurethane to go, a few more windows to add 'glass' to, the chimney to finish, a few odds and ends, etc., but it survived the small buzz-saw just fine. And we didn't try to bolster it up prior to cutting either..just went for it. It was either going to splinter into a million pieces, or not....luckily, we got "OR NOT". LOL p.s. It won't be residing permanently on the storage bin in photo either...lol. I have a MUCH nicer place picked out for it. It just sits here so I can move it easily to work on.
  12. WOW Kelly~~~~THAT is sooo pretty! Cannot wait to see all the fabulous 'reveals'...only 2+ months to wait...OY Mine isn't anywhere near finished, and at the snail's pace I'm working at...it may be a real fight to the finish. Apparently, summer months make me even less dubious about staying focused...(grumble, grumble) Ah well, will be what it will be, I suppose. To top it off, the tree I made seems far too small for the project now that I look more closely at it, so it might be headed for the front yard of the long-suffering half-scale Gull Cottage. Getting really decent looking 1:12 trees is so frustrating if you ask me, unless you want spruce trees everywhere. (sigh) Think I will try making plain old flowering bushes rather than wrestle with another gnarly old tree. AS always, Fling ON! Have a wonderful weekend all.
  13. Sounds like everyone is a WHOLE lot busier on this than me...ruh roh. I finally attempted to work on at least a tidbit of it today ~~~ a tree grows in Spring Fling-land, albeit a rather sad tree at the moment, no paint, no leaves...just a frame, but ~~~it is a start. Just seems too darn hot to work on anything, and my mind has been drifting more towards upcoming vacation than on Flingin'. I keep telling myself there will be plenty of time when I get back..and I'm still not leaving for 2-1/2 weeks!!..LOL How's THAT for procrastinating??? At any rate, I thought I'd throw in another teaser pic...been so windy here, this shot seemed rather appropriate. Now where did I put those tiny ruby slippers? <cackle>
  14. My goodness woman...is there anything you can't do? Positively fabulous!!! ♥ Cannot wait to see her all 'fluffed' up. YOU ROCK, GF!!
  15. Holy Moly Jo...whatcha up to there? It's b-e-a-U-tiful, that's for sure! LOVE the colors! I haven't worked on mine for last couple of weeks (sigh)....but have been enjoying the gorgeous weather we are having here. I also have been trying to finish up 'weather-proofing' the Marquam Hill Manor I buzzed in half (gasp!) last year so I can get it out on my deck. Have been having a bit of an issue with the plastic roofing 'sticking' in hot sun...it tends to bubble up in the heat, so I am reattaching with LocTite Power Grab and that seems to be holding better. Sure is a MESSY process though. Whole thing may last for 10 years..or 10 minutes..who knows! LOL It's an experiment, for sure. Thanking the heavens for spray on polyurethane though. MUCH easier than brushing it on. At any rate, my SF is waiting patiently. I have a lot done, but still have a long way to go to get it finished. The plan is to dig in my heels after vacation early next month and tie up all the loose ends so that I can have most of August to 'fiddle' with photographs (UGH!) FLING ON, fellow Flingers..FLING ON! And keep those teaser pics comin'...so enjoy trying to figure out what is goin' on with everyone else's project. What FUN!!
  16. what2craftnow

Al fresco

Too cute!! ♥♥♥
  17. So sorry to hear that Brandaen...job and SF!! Sadly, I hear waaaayyy too much of it lately though (job loss)...almost becoming epidemic. Wishing you the happiest, most relaxing holiday in New Orleans though. Eat, drink and be merry...and just ENJOY... 'cuz life is short, so take it all in. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Be well. ♥
  18. Golly..I'm in boring Illinois..and THAT house would even make ME consider a move to Nebraska, despite my overwhelming fear of severe weather! It is GORGEOUS Besides, I'm a firm believer that children absolutely NEED the influence of grandparents on a regular basis. Grandparents are a wealth of information and knowledge, not to mention a sense of 'roots', and grandchildren help keep you young..and learning new 'stuff'. Hope it all works out in your favor.
  19. Have been pluggin' along on landscaping. I decided to abandon having a second building in the scene ~ I'd rather not have to try and photograph two structures anyway ~ one is difficult enough!! Besides, I'm having too much fun landscaping, so the extra room to keep that going is much more appealing to me. Not too, too much more to go on house. Still have roof, front door and a few more lighting things to figure out, but for the most part, it is nearly there. I'm sure I will find a few more 'things' that need to be addressed...I always do. Sadly, with the abandonment of 2nd building, not sure Ms. Vanity Fair (the wayward eggplant) will still find a home in this project...but not sure how to break that to her yet. <yikes> Better to wait and see if I can 'squeeze' her in than to tick her off unnecessarily. So, that's where I'm at...how 'bout ya'll?? FLING ON!
  20. ♥♥♥ this!! That ceiling fixture is uber-cool. You have such a great eye for mini's and decorating!
  21. So true KathieB...maybe it was a 'Field of Dreams' moment ~ "If you build it or BUY it, he/she will come" . Whoever or whatever they are.. they always make themselves and their wants 'known'. Thank heaven, mine did not turn out to be a bunch of ghostly baseball players. :nonono:
  22. More landscaping done today...woohoo! And I found a few more little bits I had forgotten about that will work perfectly in the scene. Don'tcha just love when you find that little 'somethin' you had purchased without a reason a ways back, and then find it again...and it works perfectly in your current project? Like it was always intended for this exact scene....It's like Deja vu...'just knew I bought this for a good reason'..
  23. Looks wonderful..you did a GREAT job! Kudos to you..my first attempts are never that well done. Come to think of it, 2nd 3rd and 4th are no guarantee either..LOL
  24. Tinkering with landscaping now...sheesh, I am ALL OVER the place on this one...a little here...a little there..But the science project seems to be working well, sooo..off I go ... what fun! (and, landscaping is my absolute favorite thing to do..so no wonder I made a 'bee-line' to get THAT goin'...lol. I found the cutest little outside 'stuff' at the most unexpected place the other day...so I am havin' a blast creatin' the outer scene. Inside, well...it's almost there...but plenty of 'tweakin' yet to do.