what2craftnow

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by what2craftnow

1. Wow Kelly...you are on a roll. No, not wrong...just makes some of us jealous...lol. Mine took on a kind of weird science project aspect today...have to see how THAT turns out...<yikes> Could be what I want, could be..monstrous. LOL It's all a gamble, in my opinion...nothing ventured, nothing gained. Besides, I can always do 'something else'..right??? AGGGHHHH... At this rate, I may have to start all over....but am 'learning', so that's always a good thing. FLING ON, fellow flingers!!
  2. Northern Illinois here, Sue. We will get the thunderstorms tomorrow here..hopefully no severe ones..for you OR me. Hate, hate, hate thunderstorms. I am the world's biggest chicken**** when it comes to 'weather'. Nowhere to hide, no basement ~ so I just run around in PANIC-mode until it goes away. :lightning:
  3. Seem to have found my enthusiasm again..(whew). Found a different wallpaper, as the one I had in there first was not agreeing with me at all. This one is much 'softer' and not so hard on the senses. Might be a tad out of scale, but what the heck. Still troubling over the lighting situation. That roof line is certainly not conducive to what my 'resident' wants, so am going to have to brainstorm on just how to get it to work, as well as hide wires. Where's a magic wand when you really need one?? OK, back to work. Gonna be a HOT one today...95 degrees...(sigh) Hope my A/C holds out. FLING ON!
  4. Welcome aboard, Heather! And don't get nervous... plenty of time. September is still 3 months away. I have not worked on mine at all lately...just seem to be...elsewhere (ruh-roh).
  5. It has been my experience that one shouldn't 'mess' with these folks...they will hunt you to the end of the earth and back. I agree with others here...call and clarify amount owed. Better than sacrificing 'a pound of flesh'..which is exactly what they will take. Good Luck.
  6. what2craftnow

dressed bed

Ooo-la-la...BEAUTIFUL! ♥
  7. Mine got a lift too Brae! Great minds think alike. It was a tad too 'short' to fit with what I was wanting. Looks awesome!! ♥
  8. Hi Anna. You could try regular floral wire (the plain silver type, not green). I used it for a small balcony I did for the interior of my Tuscan Sun Hotel. I cut about a 3 ft. length of wire, then bent it to double and then triple it so I end up with a 1 ft. length of three strands. (hope that makes sense) I then used needle 2 needle nosed pliers (one on each end) and start twisting one end to make a braided effect in the wire. I then cut the twisted wire into lengths of about 3 inches each. I wanted a gentle curve at the upper portion of balcony rail, so I bent each 3 inch piece by 'molding' it around a small bottle of paint - just enough to give the top a curved effect and leave the bottom quarter straight. You also need to bend the very top 'tip' back to straight so you can adhere it to railing. I made the bottom of my balcony from foamboard in a semi-circle which allowed me to insert each rail into pre-drilled holes to hold them in place. I made the curved railing bottom and top from a plastic lid to a margarine container (cut in half with an exacto knife) by cutting away the flat center plastic and using only the edge with a lip. I poked holes through where each 'rail' was going to secure it. You can use another lid edge to cover the wire rail tips that are exposed, or even a piece of cardboard cut to match the semi-circle. Once I had the whole piece assembled and glued sufficiently, I spray painted it black (Krylon makes a nice paint for plastics called 'Fusion' - works great!) After the black paint dried, I sponge painted it with a italian sage green acrylic, and then dry-brushed with a bit of very light grey to 'age' it. I don't know if you are going for something in a curved effect, but this process could be used either way. It was relatively easy to do, and cheap! lol Hope this helps. (there is a picture in my gallery under Tuscan Sun Hotel that shows the railing. It is one of the interior shots - railing is in the upper right-hand corner)
  9. Finished the exterior finish today...finally. Long process, but it is what the 'owner' wanted. Feel like I had to return to kindergarten in some respects on this and just abandon all careful painting 'techniques' and 'let it flow'.. At any rate, it is now on to getting the roof figured out, and just how any hanging lights will be incorporated. Will be tricky..know that for a fact. And should I raise this and lower that? Who knows. As always, FLING ON!
  10. So very sorry to hear that Doug's health has taken such a dramatic turn Gina. My heart goes out to both of you. Sending prayers and gentle hugs your way. :hug:
  11. Thanks all for the positives.♥ You made my 'resident's' day. Here I keep saying "It's too much! Too gawdy! Too something!" And, of course, the terrible twins keep saying "It's ALL about US..not YOU! ! (♪neener-neener-neener♪♪♪) <heavy sigh> I think psychiatrist's refer to this as 'voices', don't they?..THAT can't be good. :no: And I loathe drama..... ...but drama IT IS with this one. :surrender: No wonder I'm insane.....could be worse I suppose...I COULD have conjured the twins from "The Shining"..."REDRUM"....lol
  12. As always, AWESOME !! Just know it will be a knock-your-eyes-out stunner of a Fling, Brae. I always look sooo forward to your entries, and you are such a sweetie to always share your how-to's with the rest of us. Most grateful for that. ♥ Love to see the possibilities, and you never, ever disappoint with the new and different ways to achieve a certain 'look'. Big {{hugs}}
  13. Could be, Jo...could be. Seems a lot of us are thinkin' that. No worries though.Even if they ALL are the same (how weird would THAT be?), they will all have our own unique touch added. Mine is strictly for fun this time, but I need that Fling 'motivational' thing apparently... to get my rear in gear. <heavy sigh> I seem to work better in 'deadline' mode. I'm not really a very 'pink-purple-shiny-gawdy' person (in fact, not EVER)...but apparently my 'residents' are! And LOTS of it...OY. Crazy has come to town with this one methinks...and I am just along for the ride. :insane: I shudder to think what the end result may be....could be lovely, OR could be a wretched mess!! LOL
  14. OK...here's another rather colorful 'sneak'.... I have a feeling I will reveal the whole darn thing before Sept..lol....I'm just not that good at the 'waiting game', especially lonngg ones. Ah well, who cares..I'm not in it to win it anyway...just havin' fun. Alright, someone else's turn to 'share'...
  15. I have been puttering along on the greenhouse, Jo. It definitely requires some delicate manuevers to get the 'glass' in. I am using thicker plastic on mine simply because I like sturdier windows, but it does try my patience. I have had to make my own 'base/floor' for it as the thicker 'glass' changes the construction by enough degree that it will not work any other way. I LOVE the look so far, despise the process, so this will take me a while to finish. Am planning to add it to SF scene..but will wait and see how much of a tussle it is going to be. It may end up in a heap on the floor...stomped to death by my size 6-1/2 clogs!! "Take THAT, Tonto!!!" LOL p.s. - My Fling won't be any showstopper for sure, and will no doubt only make sense to me...but it certainly will incorporate my twisted, silly side.
  16. You are most welcome, Lindsey. Glad you are having fun with it.
  17. My 'characters' arrived today!!! YEA! They are about as perfect as perfect can be for this scene. They soooo remind me of my sister and I in one of our infrequent, but inevitable moments of 'family disputes'. I'm not sure one room can hold all their ATTITUDE...LOL..but we're sure gonna try. The whole project just keeps crackin' me up..what fun!!! This one (unlike any of my other Flings)...is definitely PURELY for the FUN factor...any dollhouse realism went out the door with this one. It will just be one of those things that will make me chuckle every time I look at it. I even found a way to incorporate a mini version of a past Fling into it :groucho: FLING ON!!
  18. Morgan, taking care of that little angel is FAR more important than the Fling, and bless you for being there and willing. A pink castle you say? I think every house should have one!! I didn't mini when my son was small either, but I always had oodles of crafty stuff for the neighborhood kids to 'fiddle' with. On sunny summer days, I would set them all up at the picnic table and let them 'create'. As long as I kept the Kool-Aid comin', they would be occupied for hours, and the most interesting creations would be born. Have fun!!
  19. Mon Dieu! No name callin' here! On a dairy-less note...gettin' off my derriere and am going back to wallpapering the SF. :spar:
  20. :lol:....... you know how we love to go out on a limburger around here!! Off to see if I have any Laughing Cow products in fridge. "Have you laughed today??"
  21. Oh HENRY!! I meant to ask.... Does he like eggplants??? I have one that is a real pain-in-the-%$#.....hehehehe Also, thought I'd add this: (just another quirky find for the SF) He jumped right out at me and said "PICK ME!!" LOL
  22. Snakes, spiders, ... they all give me the heebie-jeebies! Had a snake in our bathtub once, and one slithered through open front door into the livingroom. Thought I would lose my mind. I know, just harmless garden variety snakes...but.. STAY OUTTA MY HOUSE! On a lighter note, I finally located my 'resident' for SF (after MUCH searching) I believe she pretty much makes the entire piece more 'sensical'. And she is now pestering me to allow a rather 'unruly and obstinate' friend to join her...sheesh, will it never end?!! Of course, I will more than likely give in. What choice do I have? If she goes on strike, I could be sitting here procrastinating and wringing my hands until August..and that is 'no gouda'!!! FLING ON, fellow Flingers!!!