what2craftnow

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by what2craftnow

1. :yikes: Amazing - WELL DONE!! :thumb:
  2. Absolutely enchanting!! Very well done - and the idea to bump out the wasted space - brilliant!! :thumb:
  3. what2craftnow

pp1.jpg

OMG - this is too funny - and soooo great!!! Well done!!! The dolls are just a stitch!
  4. Wowsers, oh WOWSERS ;) ...the eye-candy is spectacular!! This is truly the best Fling yet, and we don't even have all the entries to view yet...ya'll have just blown me away with how creative and beautiful all the entries are...truly amazing and a big round of applause to everyone YOU ALL ROCK!!
  5. Love all the entries so far...woohoo ;) - eye-candy day is starting!! It's like Christmas in May..hehehe I posted mine also <tired of waiting - they are about 4 pages in in the Gallery -guess I took the pics a while ago, huh? LOL>
  6. I saw that Heidi - I LOVE IT! Love the little solar panels, love the stove, love the bed, the whole Fling is wonderful! <have I developed a lisp?? ;) > Great eye-candy!!
  7. Golly, is everyone waiting till tomorrow???? ;) This is excruciating....
  8. I LOVE it Heidi!! :wub: And so economically friendly - you are too smart girl! :yes: Well Done!
  9. Hmm, let's see - I have all my CD's downloaded to my computer and then some are pirated from others, and then all my favorite songs from those are downloaded on my cellphone. I also listen to music on the TV now and then as Comcast has music "channels" that play virtually all genres of music by category. Mostly classic rock for me, and I love the Comcast channels at Christmastime - they have a "Sounds of the Season" channel that is so nice to have playing in the background when I am decorating the tree and such. Come to think of it, my stereo broke down a couple years back and I just never replaced it as I never "play" CD's anymore ;) My son used to download from "who knows where" places, and the viruses just got so irritating that we nixed that
  10. There was only one set of windows in my 1/2 scale kit <it has 8 cutouts for the lantern windows, 2 cutouts for the 2nd and 3rd floor window and 1 cutout for the door window> which covers all the "bases" so to speak. The railings (8) and windows (8) were rubber-banded together <each had a small cover and back piece of wood labeled as such> If you don't have the railings, I am sure Dean & Co. will send one out to you if you call and let them know. Good Luck!
  11. what2craftnow

The Tuscan Sun Hotel

This is my Spring Fling entry for 2009. It did not start out as a small hotel. Originally I wanted to make it the office bldg. for an 1940-ish cropdusting service with a scale-sized bi-plane I found parked in front, and then I thought maybe a rural kite shop <hence the boxy window frame for displays - not very Tuscan-ish, it stayed for lack of wanting to start all over> but it changed it's mind pretty early on and decided to take me to Tuscany - somewhere I have long dreamed of going, so I was more than willing to go along. This whole project nearly built itself - I was only along for the ride, so I know it was the right decision. The only real struggle I had was figuring out how to do the red clay tile roof - that nearly made me throw in the towel, but it came out pretty much the way I envisioned. I don't know that I will be eager to work in that kind of clay again anytime soon. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it and had a wonderful time making it! sry for some of the blurry pics, out of sequence, and duplicate photos here and there. After so may pics taken, it gets confusing <whew..>
  12. Oooh, I love the shine of the seashells! I bought a bag of those myself and have been trying to find places to use them in mini...OUTSTANDING DEB!! :thumb:
  13. Well, I will follow this thread...I am looking for a burly type 1/2 scale man for my sister's lighthouse and have not seen one thing that is even close <sigh> and my talents with Fimo are virtually non-existent, but since sis is 8 yrs. older than me, perhaps she wouldn't notice...much
  14. So sorry to hear of your break-in Unfortunately, seems this world is full of people with no morals or common decency. Glad they left your mini's alone though and that you are able to participate in the Fling. Your entry last year was really terrific! Good luck to you Brandaen, and everyone else as well...it is gettin' down to the wire :popcorn: <I wouldn't wanna be the Greenleaf employees come Tuesday morning...hope they all have a nice relaxing Memorial Day weekend! They're gonna need it I think >
  15. Awww, Hazel is adorable Carrie!! What a cutie she is Glad to see you stop in and say HI to us - and yep, don't be a stranger! While dollhouse mini's will always wait, RL "mini's" will not - cherish the time with her..it does go so fast! Take good care!!
  16. Gorgeous house!! Any chance we can see the inside?? :groucho: :whistle:
  17. I really enjoyed The DaVinci Code <and still watch it when it comes on Comcast>, but I will wait for this one to come out on OnDemand - I just hate going to the show for some silly reason. <could be the high prices B) - I could spend that money on mini's :groucho: > If it is along the same lines as DaVinci Code, I will probably like it. I like movies that are thought-provoking.
  18. OOOH YEAH - Eye Candy (I myself can't wait, can ya tell???? B) ) I'm fairly bustin' here waitin' to see all the "STUFF" :groucho: If nothing else, with this <and any other mini's I do>, I learned a lot and had a fabulous time. That alone is well worth it to me.
  19. Sending lots and lots of positive energy and healing thoughts your way Gina!! :groucho:
  20. I'm with Anna on that one Tracy!! :yes: I absolutely LOVE your work - your houses are just so amazing!! Your my hero(ine) Tracy!!
  21. :groucho: WOOHOO- WTG ARDA!!! Knew you would do it!!! Time to celebrate girl!! B)
  22. It is such a beautiful house....one of these days perhaps <sigh>. I have 2 other biggies to finish first. :groucho:
  23. I had another idea moment today - plastic water bottles! Some of them have nice ribbing to them and are easy to cut, plus they are light-weight. I found that Mountain Ice water bottles <.5L size> work pretty well for the 1/2 scale lighthouse. I set mine in the ring part of a Mason jar lid <it just fits inside the ring of a pint jar lid ring>, which leaves the whole piece totally open for lighting Just another idea for anyone else who might be lighthouse-ing