what2craftnow

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by what2craftnow

1. Maybe if I sit on it long enough, it will magically hatch into what I'm wanting..thereby eliminating my having to sculpt it at all? Thankfully, the new clay I bought is much softer and my hands breathed a sigh of relief.
  2. I hope my kit arriving and going into dry fit doesn't suddenly change my plan (as these kits are sometimes known to do <_< )...whatever will I do with that lovely ruffled eggplant I made then??????? It isn't the sort of eggplant that could go in just any scene, after all. Meanwhile, I have made several more frilly things...and have discovered that hard Sculpey clay and arthritis don't get along too well..(sigh) What was I thinking???? And I only have about ??? more to go... So, with that in mind, I stopped by Michael's yesterday and bought..more Sculpey!!! :hide: By the time this is over, I may be forever nursing sore, swollen lumps that USED to resemble hands! FLING ON!
  3. Page 1 of this thread..towards the end of Dean's announcement about the Fling. There's a LOT there, so it is easy to miss.
  4. Oh darn <snapping fingers>...I thought I disguised it better than that! LOL Quite the elegant eggplant though, isn't it? Well, back to work. I have a few heads baking in the oven. :wicklaugh: :wicked: FLING ON!
  5. Teaser pic...<snicker, snicker..yuk,yuk, yuk> It's a BIRD, it's a Plane...it's somethin'...but I'm not tellin'.... :nonono:
  6. I think 2 yrs. ago...Intrinsicat (Jen) won with a half-scale windmill, complete with cloth sails ..it was truly awesome!!
  7. Hmmm.... sounds almost like mine...Fruit stand for ____ ____'s, greenhouse for the ____ ______'s. I'm not totally sure about main building yet...but just know it has to be pretty wacky as well. And then the landscaping...equally wacky. Already working on the "base". Hope I can find a "resident" who is the right size and fits the theme. Good thing we have LOADS of time. FLING ON!! What FUN!
  8. Well, I guess if I'm morally obligated, then I must comply...just remember: "You asked for it!!" :pullup: And I LOVED your houseboat project!!! Laughed my rump off looking at all the wonderful silliness of it. I imagine you had an absolute blast doin' that one!
  9. I am so sorry for your loss Bea. Have been there more times than I like to think about, and it never gets any easier...even when you know in your heart you've done the right thing. Sending you gentle {{{hugs}}}
  10. Well, if I DO submit it, you can bet that Dean & Co. will be goin'..."HUH???? What drugs is SHE on???" LOL
  11. My really quirky theme is really taking off. I made some Sculpey __________s yesterday, and will need to make about 35-40 more (sigh), but I laugh the whole time because they are just so darn funny to me. Even my son said "Mom..you have totally LOST IT"...hehehe Not sure I will enter this project ...NO ONE will understand it methinks, but it sure is giving ME a good chuckle. Of course, I am senile, so that would definitely explain my taking up such a crazy idea to begin with and actually running with it. :laughbounce:
  12. Hmm..they are different. Well, my lazy muse is saying "One thing less to paint" - which is a good thing, in my humble opinion
  13. I have a really quirky idea rolling around in my head, but will have to wait until it is here and in dry fit to see what else pops into my head. My really quirky idea would definitely NOT be something others might recognize, but you just never can tell where that crazy muse is gonna take you, can you? Personally, I think MY muse has 'gone off her rocker'...and might just have to have her committed :rudolph:
  14. YEA!! SOOOO many fabulous little accessories, AND an AWESOME main piece too!! I was SO hoping it was one room, and IT IS!! Dean & CO...YOU ARE THE BEST!! I ordered just about everything..could NOT resist. Don't know if I'll use it all for this project, but since I don't even have a clue what it wants to be yet, at least I should be well prepared when it reveals itself. SO EXCITED...THIS is definitely gonna be a BLAST to do!!
  15. ♪♪ I just stopped in...to see what condition my condition was in...♪♪♪ Ok, no updates...back to painting trim.
  16. Me too Tracy! That is why the Fling appeals to me so much....it PUSHES me to DO when I might rather be lounging on the couch, eating bon-bons..<gasp> LOL
  17. September 3rd is Labor Day. Plenty of time for procrastination, more procrastination and even a little more procrastination...LOL
  18. It's gorgeous! Oh, how I can relate to that love-hate battle...<grrrr> My 1/2 scale Chantilly and I are not speaking to each other ..AGAIN. We don't seem suitable 'matched' at this point..LOL
  19. I looked and looked, but nothing said "Buy ME!" Oh well, better I should save my money for mini shows in a couple weeks anyway. I'm sure I'll buy WAY more than I need there. (heck, I ALREADY have waaay more than I need..lol)
  20. It's such a beautiful little house, but..oh, how I wish I could shrink my hands to get into those upstairs dormers and corners!! LOL It does tax one's patience level. <grrrrrrrr!>
  21. what2craftnow

View three

You know, www.newenglandminiatures.com sells that exact fireplace front. Just thought I'd mention in case you didn't know. I bought it for one of my projects..it's fabulous!
  22. what2craftnow

View three

What a beautiful room!! ♥
  23. You will be missed Jeremy. I promise, if you are set up for the 2013 show, I will make a point of stopping and saying "Howdy", rather than flying thru the place on my broom..lol..like I did last year. Was not meant to be rude - I honestly didn't stop long enough to notice anything for fear of severe attack of "I WANT IT!" :nono:
  24. Hope the Fling is released tomorrow..that way, maybe I can better judge what I really need to get 40% off on at HBS..LOL