• Last visited

• Days Won

Cyn-AK last won the day on June 9 2017

Cyn-AK had the most liked content!

78 Excellent

About Cyn-AK

Profile Information

• Interests
    Anything *Small*...Dollhouses would have to be #1....I also very much enjoy making little furniture....Collecting Teapots....to the point of now having to collect them for my dollhouses....Finding new friends who enjoy the same hobbies as myself and sharing new ideas.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Cyndy
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,481 profile views
  1. Oh Jenn, I wish my own *Real* house were those colors!!
  2. Thank You Colleen and Jenn. I have just uploaded all my Jefferson pictures to my Pinterest page (link below in my signiture) if you would like to see the pictures in a larger size. Thanks for all the kind words.
  3. Thank You all for such kind words. She has become a project for relaxation. Not sure if I mentioned my 87 year old mom lives with me and in April she fell and broke her hip. It has been a long road for her getting better but she is doing great. My Jefferson has been my form of relaxation through all mom's healing. When mom has settled in for the night I sneak in to my garage for quite, calm time. My Jefferson has turned out to be my healer as well as the *Gem*. Thank you again.... It's good to be *Home*! I have missed this *Ole Place*
  4. Hello everyone, Sorry I have been MIA... Darn Life got in my way again. I have completed the Jefferson to the point I have brought it in the house and given it a place to live for the time being. I have it furnished with things I have made and collected. Of course she isn't totally finish but right now I'm pleased with the Gem she turned out to be.
  5. Welcome Melissa, Glad to meet you.... When I reply I just click on the Quick Reply below the post.... Hope it helps.
  6. Hello Miranda, I'm Cyndy. Very Glad to meet you.... I have to admit, I had to look closely at the photos, At first I though they were *Mini*.... But then I think I saw your Bag and pocketbook and realized those were REAL! If those pictures are inspiration..... WOW.... I can't wait to see your Casa Either. Very Glad to hear your feeling better. Enjoy your Vacation.
  7. Thank You for all the ideas... Like you Holly, I think this house will be Trial and Error.... Not that I want the Error.... I guess that's why I decided to not have a Very Specific Theme. I have some furniture I want to make and play a bit with and some other things so I think it will be like a *Furnished By Early American Salvation Army*. I Do like the idea of Embossed Paper a lot... Thanks All!! I Love new ideas.... There just so much room in my head for them all to swim around in...LOL!
  8. I'm not sure what to do with the ceilings in the Jefferson. Can you lend your ideas?. What do you do... OR NOT Do?. What do you use Or NOT use?..... I think my Jefferson will just be a kinda Modern, Old Shabby Chic, Collector, Rich with Heart and Family (although I have no family yet) All On a Beer Budget kinda house. I think I'm just trying new things with it that I haven't done before... Also... Has anyone made stones from the egg cartons?.... Any helpful hints. (I have been watching You Tube Videos. Thanks Everyone.
  9. I guess I not only have an Obsession.... I 'm also Impulsive......... I think it must have come from 30+ years driving a semi truck....
  10. Are you still at the computer???...... Stand up.... Get the Car Keys and drive like HELL!! I'm terribly sorry you have the same obsession as I do.... But...I think there's help.... Stand up from the computer... Stop reading my post and like HELL !!!
  11. Welcome Darrell, You found the Very Best Place for Answers to Millions of Questions. I think All these ladies combined, KNow everything there is to know about dollhouses. So Glad You joined us! Hope to see your Tenningson Soon!!
  12. NO GLUE!! .... I hate Hot Glue... LOL.... But like Holly said, Heating it helps get it off... I also use Weldbond or Elmer Wood Glue. The Elmers though does dry with a yellow tint so I'm careful where I use it. Can't wait to see you project!
  13. I just finished wallpapering my Jefferson... The most important thing I learned... Do it before the walls are glued together. I did the very best I was able. I noticed your windows have angled wood above, Mine didn't, they just had square trim. I took a piece of computer paper and just pressed it against the wall and ran my fingers around the edges to make a crease. I did my best to measure what I could and then *eyeballed* the rest. It was a slow and long project but I finished it up this evening. I used mini wall paper prints I found on line and printed them from my printer on Card Stock paper and used just plan Kids Glue Sticks to glue it.... It dries quickly and seemed to work very well. I wish you good luck, Just be very patient..... (((HUGZ)))
  14. Some are screaming right now... I had to close up the garage and come inside......
  15. Debora, I seem to save anything... Yes... Hoarder might be a good word...But it is a forbidden word in my house...LOL... Sure is funny though when someone wants something I can walk right to it and I have it... Who's laughing then?....LOL