Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Country
    Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

757 profile views
  1. Soapstone? Or those green foam like forms that flowers are arranged in. I bought one of those to grate into fine powder onto glue to simulate grass but I might have to try carving it now.
  2. Same way I learned that once you've printed a transparnacy it's best not to laminate it unless watercolour work was your intended desired effect for you miniature window, lol
  3. There are no stupid question unless you know the answer before you ask. Even tho they don't grow back at least all you've cut is lamp wire. I'm sure some experienced voice on the forum will have a good solution for you tho I don't. As for the OUCH after a while you learn to keep your thumbs tucked in and your fingers out of the way :xmas_tree:
  4. I use real glass in my miniature houses plastic scratches too easily. Use green painter's tape on the glass leaving a 1/8" gap then I use just a regular glass cutter, 3mm glass is a good thickness for miniature houses and it's easy to cut. (And yes I do realize I used both imperial and metric measurement :xmas_tree:)
  5. I design my own dresses and for that I use black newsprint, there's a pulp and paper mill on the west coast of Newfoundland the roll I got in 1987 is still going strong, lol
  6. Freezer paper is also used to reinforce flimsy commercial patterns. I have one printed rug I bought on eBay, it seems to be printed on foamcore, I sure wouldn't try running that though my printer. Have you seen the carpet mouse pads at Staples?
  7. Susanna, did you make that tiny construction paper garland? God bless your patience if you did.
  8. To those who are also having problems with their posts appearing twice, as best I can determine (I'm no computer wiz) it happens when you get an error message and then go back to repost your message (as the error message leads one to believe the message did not get posted) and then you get, of course, two identical messages. I'm sure if I'm wrong on that I'll know soon enough
  9. Depends a bit on the printer too, not all printers (no matter what you try) are fabric friendly.
  10. Depends a bit on the printer too, not all printers (no matter what you try) are fabric friendly.
  11. The tree and Mary that you've created are lovely. I had a great Aunt who passed away soon after my mother did two years ago who even at age 104 still didn't give up hope of a new romance, that's what mistletoe is, a hopeful tradition
  12. I identify with this! I found my lost pond mirror. Glad you found your wicker.
  13. I used to make my own clothing labels from printable inkjet iron-on transfers, back when I was doing more bridesmaids dresses than wedding alterations. Definitely use 100% natural fiber, the more tightly woven the better, there's less chance of weave 'shiftage'. A thick cotton or a heavy wool should take the ink better. Be absolutely sure not to 'wiggle' the iron, don't slide it, lift and press. It may vary depending on what brand of printable transfer you use but I found it worked better without steam. Be SURE to do a test patch.
  14. He seems to have just the right touch.