Monica_the_haunted

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Monica_the_haunted

1. 13 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Are you near Bristol?  After dealing with the traffic mess around Chattanooga we are considering coming on up I65 into TN and heading over to US11 through Knoxville.  Our #2 son lives near Arlington, VA, and the Shenandoah Valley is the prettiest route to go see him.  Which kit are you starting with?

Hi Holly! I'm in the Knoxville area, and the traffic is absolutely nothing compared to where I used to live. When you come through Knoxville, let me know, and hopefully we can meet for lunch!

1 hour ago, Sable said:

So happy to see you are getting settled. Please, if you need any supplies just make a list and I’m positive we can all go through our stash’s and supply you with anything you need to get started again. Much love.

Awe, that's sweet Sable! Yes,it's unbelievable, the amount of things, just little things that I find myself missing for dollhousing. I will try to keep a list, and thank you so much for your kind offer!

3. 1 hour ago, shannonc60 said:

Great to see you back Monica and in good spirits. And great to hear you found somewhere you love living in.

Thanks Shannon :) Yes, I'm very happy here!

• Like 1
  4. 14 hours ago, Jeannine said:

Hoping you settle quickly  and your sad memories fade  as you make new ones. XX Jeannine

Thanks Jeannine :) Yes, I'm sure the old memories, will pale in comparison to the new ones :)

5. 34 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Monica! So glad to see you back! :) I know it must be incredibly hard to come here and see all the things you lost. But we are all still here, and you can come by for a visit as little or as much as you like.. we'll be waiting. :D 

So glad you have a new project and a fresh start. ((hugs)) 

Thanks so much Samusa :) Yes, it was super hard there for a while to come here but, I'm settled now, and ready to start anew! I missed you all, and am so glad to be back!

6. 21 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

So glad to see you back Monica....Tennessee is the best IMO. Nashville has  a neat miniature shop. It is geared toward the collector, and does not have a ton of building materials. She buys from estates and has a large eclectic variety.

I just LOVE it here! Thanks so much. I'm in north east Tennessee so, I'm a ways from Nashville but, I agree with you. TN IS the best place to be :)

7. On 11/14/2017, 10:52:30, Anna said:

Oh Monica I am at loss of words, came late into Reading this thread and I am really so sorry to read about this! 

Please let me knof if there is anything at all I can do 

lots and LOTs of hugs

Thank you Anna :) I'm in a much better place now both spiritually, and physically. <3

• Like 1
  8. On 11/15/2017, 8:11:24, Mineejv said:

Welcome back Monica. When looking for your new home make sure you have a great big mini room. Just think,you've designed beautiful mini homes so you can design your mini room just like you want it..... Maybe you can find a home outside the city with some land and you can get a few peacocks....( just me thinking).    Glad things are starting to move forward for you all. When you get settled I have a few peacock feathers I can send you....(it's not much but it might get you mini- ing).

Thank you Mineejv :) I actually love peacock feathers! Yes, MUCH better now! There were some very dark days but, I'm on the upswing. Very happy to have landed finally, and I love it here!

9. Hi guys :) I'm finally in my new home, and we picked a place with a nice big dollhouse factory room! We got here a couple of weeks ago, and are settling in. Hubby bought me a new dh kit, and I have the paint colors picked out. Anyway, I'm feeling much better now, and am looking forward to life here in this gorgeous part of the country <3

Thanks to you all for your support. I needed it even though it was super difficult for me to come here. It reminded me of all my favorite things that were lost. I'm back now!

Much love to you all!! xoxox

Monica

• Like 2
  10. 18 hours ago, Minigirl said:

I started reading this thread last week and it struck a chord in me. I thought.....time for folks to band together and get Monica set up with miniatures again and as I read, you all were doing just that!  Kudos to this group!  You all are good!

I came back to read everything from the last few days and I see Monica is heading to Knoxville and I think.......no way...no freaking way, that is my neck of the woods. Maybe one day I can head into Knoxville and meet another mini addict! Share a few goodies along the way!

Oh, moving during the winter just means more time for mini work!:bouncesmile: That's how I look at it anyway.

LOL, thank y u so much! My heart broke the most over my cat and the loss of my minis the most of all. Even my neighbors said "oh my gawd, and you dollhouses!" lol Yeah, they were famous in my neighborhood because I left the garage door open while I was working on them, and I had lots of visitors so, they knew how much effort we put in to these things. I'm so glad you will be in my neck of the woods! I'm not sure which neighborhood we will be living in yet. We are looking at houses now but, haven't decided.  ;)

• Like 1
  11. 22 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Hi, Monica!  So glad you are doing well.  You have been through so much!  Hope the move is a good one, that you are happy there, and that you have many, many more minis in your future!

Thank you Deb! Yes, I'm looking forward to moving on :)

12. 23 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Hi Monica! I can't even imagine what you've been through these last weeks, and the range of emotion you're experiencing. It is so good to hear the excitement and hope in your posts! And to have you back in the community! You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you move eastward toward new adventures! Big hugs!

Jodi

Thanks Jodi! (((hugs))) back :)

13. Thank you so much Jbreser!

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017‎ ‎7‎:‎09‎:‎54‎, jbresr said:

Monica. I don’t post often but I do lurk!!  I am so sorry for all that you have been thru but am so happy to see you back here and moving forward and onto a new venture. I wish you safe travels and do look so forward to your pictures

14. 2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I'm not sure I'd want to drink the tea after it has a bunch of flowers in it.  Sorry about that, I didn't even try to resist.  Many years ago (well over half my lifetime) we lived in TN and it can be gloriously beautiful in winter.  Monica, both times I built dollhouses in our RV I stashed them & my building supplies in one of the dinette seat bases.

I wish i had dinette seats that had storage! This one has a closet but, it's stuffed from top to bottom now. I'll be able to make very small things though. My boys decided to take over the passenger seat over head cabinet as well. Lol that's one less storage space for me but, they are worth it :)

• Like 1
  15. 1 hour ago, Jeannine said:

You know I think it is better to arrive in the less than best weather then you can appreciate the new surroundings better as the weather warms up

Lol excellent point! Plus, I'll get to light a fireplace. Few things ate more cozy than a fireplace ;) it sounds like fun to me!

16. 1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome home, sweetheart!  I can't begin to imagine the heartache you have been enduring.  It's so good to have you back.  Do post some pictures of your poly clay creations.

Thank you dear Holly! Yes, I'm planning on making as many small creations as i can while in the rv. I have 2 huge cats that are famous for destroyng my dollhouses so, ill stick to things that i can put away at night. Lol I'll be posting soon. Xoxo

17. 8 minutes ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

Nice to hear from you Monica, I have been thinking of all you have had to go through, have safe journeys to TN.

Thank you so much Goldenfarm, and thank you for keeping me in your thoughts! You're sweet, and i so appreciate it! Yes, I'm looking foward to a new life even if it will be in the dead of winter lol. I will posts lots of pics :)

18. 19 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

Hi so good to hear from you and God Bless with your travel to you new place.

Thank you so much Jeannine, and thank you for you kindness! It will feel good to begin again, and start building with you all. Your sweet support has meant a lot to me! <3

19. 2 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Safe travels Monica. Knoxville is a beautiful college town. I have family in Nashville and love Tennessee in general. ((hugs)).

1 hour ago, Selkie said:
    2 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Safe travels Monica. Knoxville is a beautiful college town. I have family in Nashville and love Tennessee in general. ((hugs)).

Thanks for taking time to update us all.

Safe travels.

Thanks so much for your sweetness over my tribulations <3 Yes, Tennessee seems to get awesome reviews everywhere I go! I really appreciate your concern over this past month! I'm looking foward to moving on :)

20. 9 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Good to hear from you Monica, I have no words for such a horrific happening.  It' goid you made it out , but tragic at the same time.  Where in TN are you headed.  Safe travels.

Thank you so much <3 yes, my 2 kitty boys, hubby and i made it out in time :) We are going to be in Knoxville. I'm excited! Are you near by? That would be cool to have mini neighbors!

21. Hi everyone, and thank you so much for keeping everyone updated and for EVERYTHING, Karin!! I'm alive, and coming out of the fog of the tragedy. We still have not found our baby Ayla, and we fear we may have lost her. It's still a very sensitive matter for me. We will remain in Cali until the 1st week of Dec. and then we are going to head to Tennessee where we will be living. Thank you all so much for your sweet words and concern. It means a lot to me <3 I'm still picking up the pieces but, am doing a bit better. 

• Like 5