MichelleG

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by MichelleG

1. Ok,, I got thru it!!!! Doesn't look too bad at all. Actually,now the worst part is, I forgot to make the connecting seam in a corner. I just wasn't thinking and started at the outer walls. so the seam is right in the middle of the bay window.. oh well. You're right, curtains will take care of that. All in all I did a fairly good job, and people were right, any bubbles flatten right out once it's dried. Now that I've got the wallpaper up, (Living room so far), It's really starting to look like a home!! I could just crawl right in there and make myself at home. lol Okay, one down and 5 more to go! That's including the 2 attic rooms. Feeyoohhh! (wiping sweat off forehead). I'll take pics and post them tomorrow. and..... TY for listening and being here for me to vent. It always helps when you're in a dither to express it and get opinions. Michelle
  2. Hi Greg, Welcome! I giggled all thru reading your post. You're too funny. hee hee! You're wife and I would get along famously! I drive people nuts talking about my dh. Perfect strangers in the post office I start conversations with. My son says it's getting embarrasing. And every free moment away from the dollhouse is in front of the computer. Greenleaf might as well be my homepage. Cricket is lucky to have you support her and join in the hobby. I could use a good man to help me with mine, like cutting moulding, etc.. Do you have a brother?? he he.. J/K !!! I do have a guy friend who's an architect, and has also built a dh from scratch for his neice, so I talk to him about my house. He lives far from me on the mainland so we do the Instant messaging on the computer. (I live on Marthas Vineyard Island) He's the only friend I have that has any clue about dollhouses and has the patience to listen to me!! I can't wait to see pics of the progress you two are making on your dhs. I'm glad you both joined us, and I look forward to your humor in your posts!!! Michelle
  3. Wholly smokes! That chandelier is amazing! I wouldn't even attempt something like that, LOL This year I'm cooking the turkey. It's a fresh turkey. I've always bought frozen Butterballs, with the pop up thingy that tells you when it's done. I hope I don't under or over cook this bird. My Aunt next door is making all the veggies, with her yummy sweet potato casserole, my favorite! All I have to do is make the stuffing,, stuff the bird and throw it in the oven. Oh.. and make gravy.. can't forget about that!! Imagine If I show up w/ the Turkey and no gravy? omg. lol I'm having visions of me over sleeping and forgetting about cooking the Turkey.. I better set the alarm clock, just to be safe!!!
  4. I'm wallpapering my walls, and umm,, well,, being my first dollhouse and all, the walls and ceiling aren't exactly level. .. So,, I'm having a heck of time wallpapering and getting it all even. I'm doing my best, having some patience, taking breaks , and venting. Aaaghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! (and having a sense of humor!!) I'm a perfectionist by nature, so when I look at my work , to me it looks like a 5 yr old put this together. Or maybe I'm being too hard on myself. Anyone else feel the same way?? This is definitely a learning experience and I'll remember all my mistakes and problems when I build my next dollhouse. (I shoulda probably posted this in "First dh" topic.)
  5. These are some great ideas. I hadn't thought of doorframe blocks. Hmmm...
  6. Rby, You got alot of great stuff!!! I'm so envious at all the people that have Hobby Lobby and other mini stores in their area.. Woe is meeeee.
  7. I just saw a textured ceiling at Craftsetc.com. It's a white tin ceiling pattern, really nice. you can paint it any color. $6.99 Cheryl, Great idea! I wish I had a Lowes or Home Depot. Just very expensive privately owned stores here on Marthas Vineyard. So I try to get what ever I can for free. Or. I have to order online. (This is getting expensive. wholly moly!!) Every time I turn around, I need something else! I'll have to put Lowes on my list of stores to shop at next time I go off to the mainland!!! TY for that tip!! Michelle
  8. I used textured wallpaper. White and off white. I went thru old wallpaper sample books at the paint store, I'll tell ya. I love the real wallpaper. Easier to work with. Most paint stores that carry wallpaper save all their old sample books. Mine has about 10 of them I'm still going thru to tear out pages. When I'm finished with a book, I bring it back and get another one. I just got thru using dh wallpaper,, and I hate it! As it gets wet w/ glue, it tears apart. Its paper alright. Other people have luck with it. But I'll stick with the real stuff. There is a photo in my Tennyson gallery of the wallpaper I used on the kitchen ceiling. Check it out.
  9. Love it!! You are so talented. Keep making more!! I always look forward to seeing all your handmade items as you make them. And Happy Thanksgiving!! Michelle
  10. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Michelle
  11. Awwwwww.. Okay, these initialing everything is driving me crazy.. What is TBME ?
  12. 35 gbp ???? what does that mean?? Very nice hutches though!!
  13. OH yes Love Christmas Tree shop.. Only in New England I think. Used to be only on Cape Cod, but they've really branched out over the years. I absolutely love that store!! Don't you just love a bargain!!? Next time I'm on the mainland I'll definitely make a stop there, do some Christmas Shopping,, Dec. 22.
  14. There's a few Millstores in MA. On the website there wasn't much of a selection of dollhouse stuff. One dollhouse and some furninture for 99 cents a piece. Not very good quality, more for a little girl to play with. The website has the locations.
  15. Welcome!! I'll have to go check out your website. And.. It doesn't have to be a Greenleaf your working on to join this website. Any dollhouse or miniature projects we love to see!! Many different projects going on here all the time.
  16. Awesome bargains!! Do they have online coupons too?
  17. OK.. I'm convinced! I"m going to Manor house right now!! Thanks for the info!! Oh, and does Hobby Lobby have an online catalog?
  18. Awww, sorry to hear you are sick too Heidi. I'm sick too, Bronchitis, can hardly breathe, coughing up some really gross stuff. Went to the Doc on Fri. Did a breathing treatment, got antibiotics. Still feel like crap. Need another breathing treatment, Will go back to Doc tomorrow. I have to keep going, work, kids. I sold raffle tickets for the 8th gr. DC trip at the grocery store 11 - 1:00. Then went grocery shopping at a different store, came home unloaded that. Raked the front yard, took out the lawn mower, but it wouldn't start, (thank God!), Tried to lay down for an hour, but dear son made so much noise, (I swear he does it on purpose), So , dinner is cooking and here I am back at the computer. I hope we all feel better in time to cook for Thanksgiving. If not, it'll be turkey tv dinners. haaaaaa! Oh.. and I have laundry to do tonight, good grief does it ever end? <<<< Handing Heidi the tissue box, cough , cough!
  19. Congrats on getting your first dh! Can't wait to see and hear about it through out your build. And as you know, if you get stuck, Everyone here will give you a hand. Keep on sanding,, don't forget about priming too!!
  20. Okay,, writing that on my new '08 calender. April 1st, on or about.
  21. Waaaagghhhhhh!!!!!!! I can't take hearing about these sales!!!! I don't have a HobbyLobby in my area. Grrrrrrrrr!!!! I did go to the mainland yesterday. Went to Michael's. They don't carry dollhouse stuff, but they did have a woodworking section that had some items I picked up. I got four little wooden hutches for $1 a piece. Bargain! Some round, rectangle and oval wood pieces and square dowels to make tables. They had a huge section of scrapping paper, sale was 4 pieces for $1. Bargain! I got a few that will make really nice wallpaper. Also some felt with sticky on the bottom to make wall to wall carpeting. White picket fencing. An exacto saw for cutting the moulding I just got. I love that store. Got some nice smelling candles for my house too! $1 !!
  22. Heidi, Thanks for the info. Good to know. Now if oil prices would go down.. sheesh!
  23. When exactly is the 50% off sale?? I've been waiting for that to buy my Shady Brook Cabin and make it into a fishing/hunting lodge. I also have my eyes on some accessories. More lights, working windows, ect.. ect.. when you find out when the sale is,, let us know!!