MichelleG

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by MichelleG

1. Hello Sarah, Welcome!! (and Colin, I second that!) Michelle
  2. Jennifer, Welcome!! There are a few people here from Canada,,, (don't know off hand who), and you'll meet lots of people from all around the world here. Lots of talent for sure. Be sure to post pics of your stuff!! Michelle
  3. Hi Kathi, Welcome!! You'll fit in just perfectly here, (alot of us have to hide dh kits from husbands. lol ). I look forward to seeing all your dh's and mini stuff. This is a great place to share your hobby. Michelle
  4. Without going into too much detail at this time.. I just want to say 2007 has been an incredible year for me. I am truly blessed. I had a few really hard years, strugging in all areas of my life. I made a complete turn around and got my life together. I have God, my family and friends to thank. I've had so much love and support, and am told constantly by my family how proud they are of me. My children are happy and healthy, doing extremely well in school, sports, etc. I have a beautiful home, good paying job, and a great hobby (dh's, minis), making new friends here as well. You all don't know how much I look forward each day to the forum and reading new posts and chit chatting, sharing bits and pieces of our lives. If you told me a little over a yr ago that my life would be like it is today, I wouldn't have believed it. It didn't get this good over night, it took hard work.. ONE DAY AT A TIME. Every day gets easier, especially if I don't project into the future and worry myself to death, lol.. I try to keep it in the day and do the best I can, and stay grateful for everything in my life. I wish everyone here a healthy, happy, joyous holiday season filled w/ joy and laughter, good friends and family... and of course ,, lots of dollhouses + mini stuff!!! Michelle
  5. I love it! Are those the decorations from the other post on the tree? How tall is the tree?
  6. Festive minis! Nice Avatar pic..Linda, Woohooo. lol
  7. Wow, you are very talented! I love the mini paintings. Oh I wish I could spend on my self... grrrr.. Maybe after the holiday. If I'm not bankrupt. lol
  8. Etsy,, ok,, gonna check that out.. how cool is that?
  9. OH cool!! I need one for my hunting/fishing cabin.. Got a tute on that?? What did you use? You got some talent there Glen!
  10. They are adorable.. awwww.. What stores have these vending machines?? I vaguely remember one at a kmart maybe?
  11. Oh yes! This month's issue was fantastic! I've already started decorating my fireplace according to the article in the gazette. I was buying white batting to go under my Christmas village today and saw the sparkly snow,, now I"ll have to go back and get some.. Great tute on making snow covered houses and landscape! Congrats to Uppity for being the member of the month, great article!!
  12. Oh Carrie, ty, good to know the Hyannis ACMoore has mini stuff. Awesome!!! As I am going over to Hyannis tomorrow, and will have just one hour to shop.. panic.. got a couple stores on my list. Christmas Tree shop,, Trader Joes. I'm not sure about the Rochester area. It's my Ex's + new girlfriends (wife?) House. He said it's very country like and they have horses on the property. (by the way.. I have two ex's... But we weren't officially married.) He has his kids that I"m going to visit too. TMI ?? Ok,, I'm going online to see what's on sale at Michaels and ACmoore. Michaels did have some wood working supplies, and lots of scrapbook paper,, beautiful stuff, on sale for 4 @ $1. Also stick on felt that makes awesome wall to wall carpet. I didn't even look at half the store so there might be more stuff. Will check next time i go. There's lots of stuff that's not advertised in flyers or online.
  13. LInda, it's coming out fabulous! Ya know.. I like the sturdy thicker wood, especially if little ones are going to be playing w/ it. I cringe when I hear people talk about building the houses that are more delicate for young kids. They tend to be rough and break things. I won't let little ones touch my dh.. LOOK,, but don't TOUCH!!! Now I"ve got to come up w/ a plan for a house w/ that sturdier wood. yup. Great job, can't wait to see it all finished and furnished!
  14. Ok,, I googled Dollhouse Treasures... they have a website at: Dollhousetreasures.net. click on OUR Store.. shows the stock that they carry.. looks like they've got plenty of goodies!! I think it would be worth the trip. They say to call, to make sure that they are open. Also gives directions to get there. I feel a road trip coming soon!!!
  15. I wonder if that one is open still..hmmm.. Well, on the 22nd, I"m going off to shop and visit some family in Rochester, which is close to you Gail. The next town over maybe? I don't know if my kids will be up to dollhouse shopping, so I may have to wait until I can go alone another time, grrrr.. I'm also headed over to the cape this Thurs. Bringinig my mom to her monthly visit to the Kidney center. I will usually have an hour to go off and shop while she's there. Then on the 8th, I'll bring my Aunt off to the cape Christmas shopping. I have so many places I want to go. I'm really gonna have to take a day and go by myself. I want to go to that Earth+Tree place up in NH. Ever been there?? A Michaels just opened up on Rt. 28 in Wareham. I went there a couple weeks ago, but no dh stuff. grrrr.. I wonder if we can request that they start carrying some? I'm waiting for some goodies from Manorhouse minis. Then I gotta wait til all my Christmas shopping is complete before I start buying dh stuff again. Will give me time to get working on the dh, I've been lolly gaggin. I've got wallpapering, trim and moulding, etc.. Still keeping my eyes open for Ernie's 50% off sale.
  16. Kathy, it's coming along nicely! I'm at about the same stage w/ my dh and I just got a big girl camera too! (digital camera) Still learning how to use it and get the pics on the computer,, but yeah, need to work on getting more light in there. Keep going, and keep snapping pics!! Michelle
  17. Wow,, your wicker furniture is stunning! Where can I learn to do that???? I love wicker. I have a few peices for my (real) bedroom. All I need now is a dresser and headboard, in white. Umm.. Terri? Can you do full scale??? he he I've seen some wonderful handmade things here, but this tops it! Oustanding!! Thanks for sharing it w/ us Michelle
  18. Wow Glen that some pretty amazing electrical stuff you got going there. Wayyy over my head. I only used a transformer that will power 5 or 6 bulbs. Wishing I got one bigger now. Still on my firts dh.. It's all a learning experience at this point. You just wait til my next build. From all I've learned here, it'll be spectacular!! (I better get a second job!) Corwin, hopefully Darrell will respond soon. Good luck, let us know how it goes!
  19. Welcome! You came to the right place for help w/ your dh. There was a great tutorial for building tips and hints.. I believe it was Christinee . Maybe its in her blog? You could do a search for it.
  20. Wow! How awesome! You're friends are gonna love it! I love the picnic table w/ all the food and condiments.. looks very realistic. TY for sharing it w/ us Michelle
  21. Steve, Wow, from here that looks like a real tin ceiling. You did an awesome job! (now come over and do mine for me!!!!)
  22. Gail, those are two really nice houses.. looks lived in!
  23. Oh yeah.. When I went to look for a Hobby Lobby location near me,, I found out they had that craftsetc. to order online from. Pretty good source of mini stuff. I made an order from Manorhouseminis a week ago,, they just finally shipped it today. wonder how long it'll take to get here. Miniature.com is faster. I'm gonna try that craftsetc. from HobbyLobby next time...After Christmas! No more buying for me 'til after Christmas. Oohhh Maybe someone will get me a gift certificate from one of these stores. Maybe even Greenleaf for a dh. One can hope!
  24. DarrellandMelissa have a tutorial on tape wiring. Also I printed out a great tutorial from a site,, umm.. I believe it's http://dollhouse-miniatures.com/toms-tips/electrical.html. After I tape wired, I drew a picture of my house and where I put the tape wire,, sort of a map. So that after I wallpaper, I'll know exactly where the wires are to connect my lights. I don't know if that link will work, maybe you can type it in manually or google it. But,, I primed before I taped wired. Good luck, let us know how it goes, Michelle