MichelleG

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by MichelleG

1. wow, that's incredible, only 3 inches tall, looks bigger in the pics. You did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing it w/ us. Michelle
  2. wow, those are great! Yeah would love one for the cabin (my next build). I wouldn't have a clue how to price these home made items. hmmm. Oh by the way,, how do you post a photo onto the threads here in here? I can only do it when I'm posting a NEW topic.
  3. So good to hear your husband isn't serious ill. wheww! what a relief hu? Strapping 20 yr old. lol I think men in their 40's are sexier! And Heidi, I'm sure your still a hottie in his eyes.
  4. Wolfie,, omg. LOL Does she still drink. ha ha About a month ago, Kitty Dukakis came over to the island to give a lecture, tell her story about alcoholism and her electroconvulsive therapy for depression. She was promotoing her book..appropriately called "Shock". She's a very nice woman. Small dainty lady. I enjoyed the lecture. So I don't think she's drinking anymore. lol (I've given it up as well. been one yr.)
  5. Awwww, I'd love to have it. Unfortunately I can't get over to RI right now, and any monies spent this month goes to Christmas. Oh darn! darn , darn!
  6. Corwin, I PM'd Darrell for ya, requesting his help. I hope he's on tonight and can give you some advice. Michelle
  7. Oh where is Darrell and Melissa when we need them?? Darrell is the expert here on wiring, you might want to PM him. I'm thinking that you'd have to have the wires split up between the two transformers.. seperately. like half the house on one transformer, and the other half on another. Or maybe there is something bigger out there. hmm... Let's ask Darrell!! Good luck, let us know.
  8. Hello Alison, Welcom! You finished the Tennyson in 2 weeks? Wholly smokes. I started my Tennyson 2 months ago.. and no where near being finished. I don't even have the roof on yet or trim. I guess I'm lolly gaggin. Well, it looks lovely and I'm wondering if the interior is finished as well?? I hope to see more of your work and posts. And I hope you have a speedy recovery from your operation. Michelle
  9. Oh yeah I know where Marion is. I go up to Wareham all the time, visiting, shopping, etc. I took the boat over to New Bedford 2 weeks ago. But I usually take the boat to Woods Hole, can bring the car aboard. I just got a digicam.. and.. there is a tudor style house here I'm going to take a pic of. If it stops raining and the sun comes out. Maybe tomorrow? Ok June 1st. I'll have to put that on my calender and maybe a bunch of us will meet up there. Got 7 months to plan. Now,, about building your dh. Read the directions.. over and over and over. Take your time, browse thru the forum , gallery of photos, and blogs. It took me about 2 weeks of "mind prep" to get confident enough to start building. You can get overwhelmed at first. Just take the advice from the folks here who have built many dh's. Don't use a hot glue gun!! Do a dry fit! Sand , and prime. Take your time, if you get discouraged, walk away, read the forum some more, ask questions, or just vent. Also, to get inspired, Browse thru miniature catalog companies online such as Miniatures.com..., Manorhouseminis.com, HobbyLobby, whatever you can find. Lots of goodies. You will need accessories, furniture, wallpaper, trim, moulding,etc.. Google up miniatures and dollhouses, see what comes up. Ok, enough for now. Keep us posted on your progress. Michelle
  10. Kokkie, Happy Birthday!!!! :lol:
  11. Oh some great ideas love the pipecleaner wreath idea, yup. I bought a necklace at the dollar store that had tiny christmas bulb lites all round it. Could hang it on the dh. keep em coming!
  12. ok, battery is charged, took a pic. Used the Macro setting for close ups. Now I just have to insert the disc it came with for the program and read up on loading the pics on the computer. Just got home from work, got my turkey carcass in a pot of boiling water. Lizzy, yeah .. well.. my propane stove. (looks like a little wood stove) broke down,, the company that I bought it from has been giving me the run around,. been over here a few times.. ordered the wrong part. bla, bla, bla.. So.. it got cold enough in here,,, Any temperature drop below 70 is not good for an iguana. Ideally it should be around 85+ to keep them healthy. Their immune system can't handle it and they develop an upper respitory infection. (common cold). This can be deadly. Her nose was clogged, was gasping for air thru her mouth, omg it was awful. I brought her in the shower w/ me for the hot steam.. used a turkey baster to suck out her boogy nose. Had to run out and buy an electric heater, warm mist humidifier, and a thermometer to make sure she was getting the proper temperature. Unbelievable. She's better now. it's warm and balmy.. tropical actually in here. Who's idea was it to get an iguana?? Bob. My ex. Well, 3 yrs later, and after Me being the one taking care of her, I've become quite attached to her and the thought of her dying sent me into a panic! I'm sending the stove company a bill for the electric heater, I've already threatened them w/ the Better Business Bueuro(spellcheck). They were supposed to get someone here today.. No call, no show. I've just about had it now. My patience has run out. Aaaaghhhhhh... And how was your day?? LOL OK,, I"ll get some pics on this computer tonight, hopefully. whewww.. that was a long post. Hope I didn't bore ya.
  13. I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!! waaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Is there a pic of this cabin? Does LLbean sell it? Hmmm interesting.
  14. That was definitely "wicked cool".. omg,, I haven't heard that expression in a long time. I thought only people from MAss. said Wicked to describe something awesome.
  15. Congrats on your dh win! ( I still don't understand that. Winning something you have to pay for). I'll have to check out E-bay too. Oh don't get me started. Is this dh new in the box or already built? Can't wait to see what you do with it!
  16. Oh I'm so excited!! Another miniaturist from MA. Where on the South coast? I'm over here on Marthas Vineyard...lonely in my hobby as I don't know anyone here who shares it. Welcome to the Greenleaf forum. And you've got to get that camera and start uploading pics! ( I just got my first digital camera today!) I'd love to go to one of those dollhouse shows. Maybe next June in Sturbridge. Keep us posted as when you find out the date of that one. Michelle
  17. LOL This has been a very entertaining thread. And yes, a sure hit sitcom plot! Include me on the wall w/ the flies.. haaa haaaa Greg, you'll be the glue to hold it all together I'm sure. Keep us posted and updated >giggle, giggle<
  18. Ok, one more time... What brand are the drawer liners, what store could I find them at??
  19. Congrats Pat! I don't know of this dollhouse. Who makes it? And does Home Shopping Network sell dollhouses?
  20. LOL You guys are funny! Sorry, no chance at him and I ever getting back together. We've moved on in that department, but we stay good friends and co-parent. I've been single for so long now that I really like living alone,, I can't imagine living w/ a man again.. blechhhh!! My son is the only man of the house! Ok,, the battery has to charge for 100 minutes . Read up on the Macro.. for up close mini pics!! I can't wait to take pictures with this.. my new toy!! TY for all the congrats!
  21. Wow, what a bummer. Everyone here has warned against using hot glue to assemble dh's. Now if Greenleaf would delete using it in the instructions, that would save alot of people the disaster you are going through now. I'm glad I listened to the folks here and used carpenters wood glue. I hope you have an easier time getting the hot glue off so you can start again.
  22. Great stories of Christmas past. I'm getting all melancholy now.. <sigh> One year I woke up to a little table and chair set with all the plastic dishes and foods. Another yr I got a ballerina outfit, along side of my brother's GreenBay Packers uniform. They were hung up on our console record player/stereo. Must have been about 1969 or 1970, I was 9 or 10 yrs old. Heidi? How old are the children you are buying for? Are they your's or Grandchildren? Neices, Nephews? My 14 yr old son doesn't reallly have a wish list yet. His dad just got him a laptop computer and some new games for it. My 8 yr old daughter all of a sudden wants the expensive tech things.. a PSP, Techno-dog, Halo 3 video game, Nothing on the list under $40 dollars. Haa!!! What happened to wanting Barbies and all the accessories??? and tea sets, board games. Ohhhh times have really changed hu?
  23. Macro.. Ok.. never heard of it. lol I better get reading.. I'm too busy here on the computer, catchin up. I was away most of the weekend. I love coming back to all the new threads and such!! And the new members too. And also I was tending to our sick iguana. Had to get a new heat bulb and a warm mist humidifier. Poor Lizzy. She's feeling much better now though. I'll take plenty of pics of her too to share with you guys.