MichelleG

Gold Member
  • Last visited

2 Neutral

About MichelleG

Profile Information

• Interests
    I live on an island off the coast of MA, so I love to fish, swim, walk on the beach collecting shells and seaglass.<br />I've been interested in miniatures for a long time and recently took out my Tennyson dollhouse kit I had bought about 14 yrs ago. So,, this is my newest hobby and I'm excited to start building!

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Michelle
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,281 profile views
  1. Thanks everyone for the love, support, prayers + hugs. So good to be back online Had my 3rd chemo treatment last thursday. 3 more to go. I'm half way there! I go every 3 weeks. The first week after treatment is awful. Very tired and much body pain from the white blood cell booster. Blaahhcckk. This Saturday I go to a hair replacement salon to be fitted for a wig. I've tried 4 wigs and they were all hideous. Pretty funny actually. I had a good laugh when I looked in the mirror. This place I'll go to. They custom fit you. Very expensive. But I'm worth it! By the way, not to worry, the cancer is gone, Just have to have chemo and then radiation for insurance that it's "completely gone". More of a chance that it never comes back. I've moved up to the main house upstairs. Need to set up a table and bring up my dollhouse and start working on it again. Little here, little there. When I have the energy. Also want to start miniature shopping again soon. See what's new, and on sale. I don't get on the computer all that much. But good to be coming back to the forum. I missed it and all of you immensely. Didn't know until I came back and read all the replies from my post in chit chat. Brought tears to my eyes. Bless you all!
  2. Ok, well I put my dollhouse away for a while. Sorry to say. I was diagnosed w/ breast cancer in July, had surgery, then.. My mom passed away two days after I got home. Oh boy. well, I'm on my 3 round of chemotherapy.. got 3 more to go. As soon as I get my enery back, I'll start back on my tennyson dollhouse. I think of you all very often, it's just been a rough few months for me. I'll be looking through all the forums and pics of the progress you have all made since I've been gone. I hope to see you or hear from you soon. Michelle
  3. Awwwww.. I wish I knew about this ahead of time. I would've loved to go. Gail.. I'd pick you up on the way! Ok,, next year??
  4. wow, what a neat idea! ty for sharing that
  5. Congrats on the Queen Ann.. What a grand house!!! Wish I could help on the wiring.. I used tape wire.
  6. Hello and welcome! The doll is so cute!! ( and expensive too.. oh my )
  7. okay.. I was in Michael's today.. Bought a package of 1 inch square mirrors. They can be used for mirror tiling a bathroom wall?? Or for the perfume bottles? Came in a package of 25 of them for about $2
  8. Welcome to the Greenleaf forum!! You've come to the right place for help and inspiration building your Pierce. Browse thru member's galleries, you'll see lots of beautiful work. You'll have lots of questions.. just keep posting and asking for guidance. The folks here are awesome, and will help you any way they can. After 5 posts.. you can start a gallery and upload pics of your progress!! and also... Tip # 1.. Forget the hot glue gun!!!! Most all of us here use wood glue.. Like Elmers. Carpenter wood glue. Welcome to our mini world!! Michelle
  9. Oh I'm so happy for you! Thankyou for describing all those beautifully crafted items.. but I can't wait to see the pics. Let us know the moment you have them posted!!
  10. I'm wondering if the warm up sheet is still the same as it was in 1986. ( my kit is that old). The "Don't Panic" sheet. I could scan it and email it to ya if you'd like.. Just PM me if you'd like. But Holly is right. Most of the info is right here in the forum. And you can keep asking questions as you go.