• Last visited

1 Neutral

About oldminisForeverChristmas

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.webshots.com/user/foreverchristmas1904

Profile Information

• Interests
    Photography, miniatures, creating miniatures, reading about miniatures, looking at miniatures, talking to others about miniatures, miniature club, church, children, animals

Retained

• Member Title
    Okay, maybe not really THAT old...

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

548 profile views
  1. This is one of the cutest, smallest break aways I've ever seen! I just LOVE this! Add sparkle! Add sparkle!
  2. Hello, Mary! I, too bought a Pierce, but it actually was back in the 80's I bought it! I can't believe you paid $8 for it!!!!!!!!! I have a set of instructions you may borrow and could send them snail mail if you'd like. My house is already built and kit bashed (a term for knocking out walls and doors and closing things up and moving things around that make the house different from the way the instructions guide you). There are others who have this house, too. Some of them include jjix, lampladylinda, marlene, eskimodog4 and tuckamuck. They all have pictures you can see. They are so fantastically beautiful and unique versions of this house and will inspire you! If you would like to see my version of the Pierce (later called the Annabelle, but now brought back as the Pierce), please click on the link below. Just don't get discouraged...help is here!My Webpage
  3. Me, too! This is the first time trying on this giveaway! This is ssoooo fun! <_<
  4. AAAAHHHHH..the time change! It's funny on the upside of Indiana...never saw so many politicians busy arguing if we should have one or not! I actually lived in one time zone and worked in another! Wasn't hard to figure out why the bank was closed when I thought it would be open! Finally we just set our clocks on the time where we worked (the nearest town). I have a brother-in-law who lives in France and it's 8 (?) hours difference...As long as I got to work on time.... Now the time is going so fast ever since I had children! Never was I so aware of the passage of time, so visible in little ones as they grow daily! Have a great Halloween everyone! <_<
  5. OH!OH!OH! Yeah...! Phantom of the Opera! LOVED the new one they made....even my husband really liked it! And the Little Women books...oooohhh...to be back in that era! Long dresses! Sometimes, though, I wonder if I had been born in that era, would I have been too much of a rebel? Too outspoken? I had a dream the other night of an abandoned house and barn that somehow I was at with no car, phone, etc., and I had never seen a house like this in real life. But I can't seem to get it out of my mind, so I'll have to draw it or re-create it in minitaure! It was not dirty or broken down or anything, just abandoned! And it was dark outside and I wondered to myself why I wasn't scared, but I also wouldn't go up the staircase! Happy Halloween everyone!
  6. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!
  7. I love the movies from the 30's and 40's...Judy Garland, Errol Flynn, Frankie, Fred and Ginger, Greer Garson. Just saw a movie not long ago, "Random Harvest"..one of the best I'd seen for a while. Inspired me to do something with the house they used...not the fancy big mansion, but the little cottage just over the creek bridge! Influenced me enough to grab a camera and take a picture of the tv screen! My Greenleaf Pierce is loosely based on "Meet Me in St. Louis" I custom made the front doors to be pretty close to the interior ones in the movie. The exterior is painted with similiar colors and I am also making dolls to resemble Rose and Ester. Please take a look at my work I have done so far...so many of you have also helped me and don't even know it! Keep in mind when viewing, there is still more to be done and hundreds of little touches not even in there yet! http://Community.webshots.com/user/foreverchristmas1904
  8. You people are so generous! I can't wait for some quiet evening (yeah, right, with two kids under 4!) to enjoy all of the sights listed here! WOW! Some night, after everyone goes to bed and I'm not quite THAT tired, I am going to look through these sites, too! Thank you! Karen http://community.webshots.com/user/foreverchristmas1904
  9. This is kind of a hard question....I feel that the original Greenleaf houses aren't quite 1/12 scale, are they? Someone somewhere (maybe webshots?) described their house as 1/12 on the outside, but 1/14 on the inside? Something like that... But I would love to venture out into new dimensions, so to speak! I have worked with 1/2 and 1/4 scales, but not much. If finances improve (we are currently unemployed) I would love to try the Victorianna! I have always wanted to do another house named Forever Autumn, and that one would be perfect for what I had in mind. :lol: I would also like if Greenleaf would make a 1/144 scale Pierce, like they have with the Garfield, and have had my eye on the Queen Anne Mansion kit for a while now!
  10. Hey Robin! Welcome to the wonderful world of all mini! I am in Indiana, too! Where are you located in this wonderful state? I am up here near South Bend... We are all eager to see photos of your cabin....AND which BIG house you're interested in! Keep us updated! To see my BIG house, I invite you to go to this site: http://community.webshots.com/user/foreverchristmas1904