Bea
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,809 profile views
  1. Bea Killion

The Cheltenham

Front opening Cheltenham dollhouse
  2. Traci, I'm so sorry to hear about your Lola. It used to make me so upset to leave my Carly at the vet's when she had to get her blood sugar tested for the whole day. I was afraid she would think we abandoned her. And when we had to leave her for more than a dog or two for surgery, I was a total wreck. She also has had pancreatitis, along with Diabetes and Cushings disease. It was took much for her little body. When we lost her at age 10, I still felt she was a puppy, and it was too soon for her to go. But she was so sick,poor baby. We had no choice, she was in pain after her last attack of pancreatitis. And she started hemmoraging. The vet called us after keeping her all night and said we'd better come and say goodbye. Very heartbreaking. Hope your Lola's has a speedy recovery.
  3. LOL! Glad to know I am not the only crazy one. I think sometimes we are the pets, and they are the pet owners. When my Crystal and Carly were young, we put them in these things (for dogs) that you put them in to carry them in front of you like backward knapsacks. We took them to Connecticut and walked around the seaport and took them on a Ferry ride to Block Island, and then we went up to Salem Mass. and walked around visiting the Witches village, and then we went into the witch museum and they had animated scenes of what went on at the time of the witch hunts. And we past the scene with the moving wolves, and my little Carly started barking at them, it was too funny. Other people in the museum couldn't figure out what was going on in there. When my youngest daughter still lived at home, she was the only one I would trust to leave them with, so we did get to go on some vacations and cruises without them. But now I have no one to stay with them so where we go they go. My neighbor (who always wants us to go places for a day) thinks we should put in a doggie door, so they can go out and in when they want, and we can leave them alone....I told her a hawk already killed my bunny, and I wouldn't let my little Casey (malt-poo) go out if we weren't home. Of course, she used to let her Lab run the neighborhood before there was a leash law.
  4. I think you're right Sally. They know how much we loved them and still do. They definitely know our moods and our feelings, so I'm sure after they're not physically with us they must still try to give us comfort. A few years back when I had a terrible argument with one of my workers, Crystal knew I was totally shook up and upset and for one full week she was glued to me. At night she even slept right on my pillow right next to my head. And when I sat down she was right on top of me and wouldn't move. And if I got up, she was right after me. She really felt my pain. She never acted like that before.
  5. We moved to SC in 2006. And since then have lost: 1 parakeet, 1 bunny (attacked by hawk), 1 african grey parrot (flew out the door), couple of Koi, (cats or hawks? don't know)and my 3 Bichons, Carly, Margie (adopted), and Crystal. All the pets we brought from NJ....Makes we wonder if we should have stayed up there in NJ?
  6. Thanks so much everyone for your sweet comments. I just came from the store and went I past by the doggie stuff, I wanted to cry. My heart still hurts so bad. I know i'm supposed to cherish all the good times we shared, and I do, but I just get so attached to my little fur babies. I never even let anyone stay with them. We take them with us wherever we go, even if it means staying in a lower-class motel where they take dogs. And if we want to go look at something, or go in shops, we take turns. (I know, I'm a little crazy"). But I can't help it. We do leave them at home for a couple of hours when we go somewhere not more than an hour away from home. Right now, I have a 2 year old malt-poo, and 2, 5 year old Basset hound sisters. Don't have any family down here, and just 1 friend across the street. So my dogs don't have visitors to the house. So they are just used to my husband and myself. And I'm retired so I'm home with them all the time. This makes them very upset when we leave. I guess that's why, I spoil them so much.
  7. Bea Killion

SANY0001

I'm still having problems with putting pictues on. I get one on, then I try to put another on and it doesn't work. I don't get it. I have a few projects that I'd like to put on, but so far it's hit or miss.
  8. Bea Killion

SANY0005

Thanks. He is a total lap dog. He makes me feel better when I start missing my Crystal. It's still so painful. She was my angel.
  9. Bea Killion

my girls (doggie girls)

Here's a few pictures of all my doggies
  10. Two weeks ago we had to say goodbye to our little Crystal. (Bichon Frise). She was 17 and had been blind for over 6 years but she had adjusted to it and still went for her daily walks. But the time came where she just didn't act like herself anymore, pacing, whining, just going in circles. We didn't know if she was is pain or just trying to hold on for us. So we took her to the vet to get his opinion. He told us that her quality of life was not there any more and it was fair to let her slip easily into her final sleep. It's just such a hard thing to do, no matter what. We always question ourselves about this decision. Especially since she still greeted us and wagged her tail when we came home. And when I held her in my arms in the evenings and talked to her, it seemed like she was looking into my eyes and listening to me. We picked up her ashes last week and took her for her last walk along the lake. It was like getting my heart ripped out. Our little fur babies bring us so much love and happiness. We never have enough time with them.
  11. I also have 2 Basset hounds. They're sisters, 4 years old. This is our second set of Bassets. We've had a male and female before ( not related) many years ago. They're the most lovable fur babies. Even though these 2 are sisters, their personalaties are light night and day. They also have a Bichon sister 16 1/2 years, and a 1 year old Malti-poo brother that they get along with so well. They are very protective of their baby brother. I'm so happy for you!
  12. I have also lost interest in my mini's. Maybe because I just can't seem to get any pictures uploaded on this site. It's not much fun if you can't share. I walk past my unfinished projects every day, and they're screaming at me, but I just can't get motivated.. I feel so blah lately. My SF needs a little more work to be finished, but I don't know if I will even get that done. Especially if I can't post pictures of it.
  13. Bea Killion

So sad

So very sorry for your loss. It hurts so bad to let go of our little fur babies. My sweet Crystal (Bichon Frise) is 16 and very blind. I know she won't be around for too much longer and it breaks my heart. I lost her little sister 3 years ago, and her older sister 2 years ago, and it still hurts not having them in my life. My heart goes out to you.
  14. Hobby Lobby has a lot of different sized mirrors. Down the isle with the leather crafts.
  15. Love your little houses April. You really are tatlented to work with such a tiny scale. I've been away also. I've tried a few times to add an avatar picture, but it won't load, even when I swithched to Google Chrome. I don't know if I will be able to put my Spring Fling pictures on or not. I will have to keep trying. Maybe one day it will work??