dollhouses, birds, tv, reading

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Doreen
  • Country
    United States
  1. hi, i'm in Salem, NH and i agree about AC Moore, they used to be so reasonable, then all of a sudden the prices got ridiculous! i only buy there if i have a 50% off coupon. Earth & tree is great, i agree, when i did my house i got almost everything there.
  2. deewerms

my first completed dollhouse

a modern version of the Madison, built by a NH miniaturest, and named ater the town of Madison, NH
  3. good for you, it's great when something nice happens unexpectedly B)
  4. deewerms

9master bedrm.jpg

thanks Ester, that bedrm. set nearly killed me, part of why this house costs so much to do! it alone costs me $225. !! took me a month to decide if i should or not, but my heart won out :-) i will try to take a pic of it at different angles.
  5. thanks Roxie and LLyn, a lot of the curtains came from AC Moores :-)
  6. thank you both, the stairs were tricky to fit in right, but after doctoring them a bit, i managed!
  7. hi, i'm a newbie here too, well i hardly ever posted, but everyone here is so right, do not get discouraged, it doesn't happen overnight for sure, took me a whole year. but you'll gain patience and confidence as you go along, try not to be over critical of your work, i was all the time and re-did many times, too picky i was. relax and enjoy your house, it'll be fun.
  8. deewerms

Music room

love your work, really like that piano, so real looking, and the lil old fashioned kitchen i love, want to do one someday like that. very nice.
  9. what a cute lighthouse, and love the wallpapers, boats and fishes, so cool! nice work Holly, floors are so cool too.
  10. well, am home from work, 3 to 9 is good! i went for my ged when i was 55 Holly, and went to assist. nurse school couple yrs. later, electronics and everything else was becoming history so only choice left was medical field, i'll always have to work some, just want enough to get by with my soc. sec. i'm not greedy and my big doll house is done so that expensive thing is done! Julie, my little mobile is only 12' x 50', and it's quite old too, but i bought it 7 yrs. ago and renovated each room light and bright, and re-did my ancient bathroom too. i live alone, divorce got me buying my lil home, and i did it all myself, very happily too, kept me going those days. no more huge house to take care of, i love my little home but have to get into roomboxes cause i can hang them up well, will finish filling my album tomorrow, am tired, have a good night :thumb:
  11. well, i have to leave for work, but i did manage to make an album and put some pictures in it. actually, this is my first house i completed, saw some older pics i have of the first older one given to me, which i gave up on and gave away. was not 3/8" which bugged me, was 1/2" and all the windows and doors you'd but had to be modified, looked like a lot of more work, and i am lazy :thumb: have to go, by for now.
  12. yes, Keri is a doll, i never met Tom but heard a lot about him. am looking forward to looking at the different galleries here next week when i have some days off, for today, think i'm going to read how to post pics in album. chat later.........
  13. good morning, yes, it is. they are a super nice family and all are so helpful, i became like a fixture up there for a year :thumb: have you been there? not much time today as i'm working this evening.....
  14. hi, i have a dollhouse store not too far from me in NH, and they build custom dollhouses, i ordered mine, and an addition on it, it's a Madison i think. every house they build is named after a town in our state of NH then i wired it there and took it home. and one long yr. later i finished. it's late now, i have to work this weekend, i'm a CNA, so am going to beddy by but promise i'll be back lots, have semi-retired now so have more time for play :thumb: one of the bennys of getting old.....so, thanks for your reply havanaholly, will try to be back soon. Doreen
  15. hi, i've been a rather silent member for 2 yrs. i would like to post my dollhouse pics but not sure how. i took a whole year to do it, but i was so slow, and fussy too :thumb: now, i would like to start with roomboxes, smaller and i only have a mobile home, sm. spare room is full with my huge dollhouse, 50" long! where can i get ideas and info on roomboxes, like photos too. would love it if theres some here. Doreen