Christina

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Christina
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

716 profile views
  1. Lyssa (Momof2Moos) made one of those. I don't think she ever shared how she did it, but maybe she'd share some tips here?
  2. Hello everyone! My miniatures contest, the Undersized Urbanite, is launching 7 days from today. I'm still looking for sponsors to finish up the prize packages for the winners. Because you are all always so helpful and generous, Greenleaf members who have shops can have any ad space/sponsorship for half price ($2.50 a month or $20 for a year of ad space). If you or anyone you know might be interested, please visit the Sponsors page for more details. Thank you so much! And of course, if you're interested in joining, the link-up will be live next week, I'd love to have you. (Winners in the past have mostly been Greenleaf members.)
  3. Thanks, Mike! I should start the actual build this time before the accessories...bad habit of mine. I'll probably have a question or two once I get there, thank you. Cheryl, those are so cool. My husband will probably want me to change my next build to a construction site when he sees them.
  4. The table and chairs look exactly like a set I got in a lot, only mine had been painted hot pink. I believe they were a Japanese brand, I'll see if I saved any of the info I found.
  5. Mike, your TVs are amazing! Did you ever add the album? I didn't see it in your profile.
  6. Reviving an old thread because it's the first time I've seen it and I love the idea. I'm Christina and I'm a habitual lurker. My favorite color is blue, but I like it in moderation, because I'm really a lots-of-white-and-neutrals girl. Besides personal things (God, husband, dog), my biggest passion really is learning in general. I'd probably be very happy (and poor) as a professional student. My second favorite thing is interior design (and of course, studying about it). I also love to read, but I like the things that most people think are boring: business stuff and productivity stuff (currently reading Creativity, Inc. by the president of Pixar). I love coding, and I'm quite fortunate to be able to make money developing websites for bloggers and small businesses. I really enjoy sewing home decor items, but NOT clothing. My first job was a seamstress, sewing custom home decor at one of those furniture stores that are made for professional designers. Traveling is really important to my husband and I and we do it as often and as far away as possible. An odd thing about me: I love roller coasters and giggle uncontrollably on them when all the normal people are screaming. I'm also like Cheverly and MJ, when I get a new hobby, I'm slightly obsessive. That was definitely the case with my first miniature several years ago, but I've kept this hobby alive. It's nice to get to know you all a little better here!
  7. What an amazing project, and so sweet of you. I've been stumped on what my next project will be, but you just gave me the answer (only mine won't be nearly as complex as yours--I'm not that skilled!). (And hi Brae!)
  8. I have some cotton drapes (made from a t-shirt) that I ironed and then sprayed with hairspray, and they're still holding 2 years later. The hairspray did give them an unfortunate yellow hue though, so if I did it again, I'd use starch.
  9. Oh, and buttons stacked on shelves look like dishes. And cylindrical beads for cups and vases. And charms for shelf and desk accessories. (Apparently I'm a big cheater.)
  10. I used wood veneer edging for flooring. It's so easy because it cuts with scissors. Just iron the strips to a piece of cardboard and set it in place. Another favorite cheat for decor are party favors & place card holders. There are little topiaries in the wedding section of the party store that are supposed to be place card holders, but they're pretty good 1/12 scale and only $1 each.
  11. I've done that many times on my real house, Lori. (My dollhouses are pretty quiet though, they just sit there so sad because of neglect.)
  12. That is so adorable. I love the surfboards! I've been tempted by the trailer for a while, and now I'm thinking about it again.
  13. Oh, you're wonderful! Do you happen to remember which of the ladies was featured in that issue so I know where to send it?
  14. Oh, please don't go to that much work, Shannon! I'm not sure how she numbers them, but they likely would have been featured in the last few months. The information you've already shared has helped a lot. Thank you so much!