About jillybean

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Jill Lawrence
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

883 profile views
  1. *Waves* I think we might have met at the miniature museum. Either way, welcome! My advice would be to make patterns of every wall and floor and label them, so wallpapering is easy. And re-wallpapering is easy, because trust me, you'll probably change your mind along the way. I've changed my mind on my flooring for my Victorianna like four times and I haven't even glued it down yet.
  2. jillybean

Stairway

Those stairs are to die for!
  3. That is awesome - can you make a regular sized one and send it my way for my living room? Looks so comfy and real.
  4. I used a battery pack for my under counter Lundby kitchen lighting once I found out the Lundby cabinets were already drilled for lighting I got courageous. It's so easy I couldn't believe it. My little system has 6 LEDs operated on a coin battery, and they are bright enough - even the light in the oven looks great. The only thing is - it's hard to take a good pic of the lighting. Well, but I am camera impaired. Still I love it the battery powered, especially for small scenes.
  5. Sandpaper! That is brilliant. Off to go look up tutorials. Thanks!
  6. I'm going to be installing a brick wall in my Petite Princess kitchen, but I don't know, since it's 3/4 scale, which brick to use? Do I use 1:12 or would it look better to scale down and do 1:24. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  7. jillybean

Almost done

That is jawdropping. Really amazing work. It's very hard to tell the difference between the real and the tiny!!!!
  8. I love Petite Princess. I just started a collection - bought a "lot" on Ebay. It's really pretty and very dainty.
  9. I just bought some Petite Princess Pieces on Ebay (Thanks Pat!!), and I'm beside myself with joy. I saw a wing salon chair in an antique store - it was in poor condition and they were asking 35 for one chair. I couldn't justify paying that for one piece, especially in such poor condition, but from that moment, I was in love. Ideal really gets me. I am in love. I think this is all stemming from the Ideal Velvet doll I wanted but never got as a child, LOL. Has anyone ever used Lundby pieces or Tomy Smaller Homes pieces with Petite Princess? I'm also drawn seriously to Lundby and Tomy.
  10. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
  11. jillybean

1978 first DH

Absolutely stunning. I wish I could do stone work that well.
  12. OMIGOSH. This is absolutely, bar none, the best staircase I've ever seen in a dollhouse. I am in love. I am a fool for foyers and staircases in general.
  13. jillybean

My Museum Attic Sale Finds