About Pennydreadful

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Penny
  • Country
    United States
  1. I always try to put what I used to get, a satsuma or tangerine in the toe, a bag of mixed nuts, a bag of filled hard candy, a bag of mixed hard candy and several small toys. For my son I in toy cars, mini books and the like. Oh, and of course a candy cane. As a girl I usually got small penny dolls and cheap jewelry but it was always a high point of xmas morning. Probably because we didn't have to wait for the parents to get up like we did with the rest of the gifts. :thumb:
  2. Originally they were 'reborn' because they were old used regular vinyl or plastic dolls that artisits were refurbishing and repainting to look like the real deal, thus 'reborn'. I think they are creepy, I collect dolls but these are just too.... weird, oogy, wrong... something!
  3. Many thanks for the links! I joined a couple, didnt even know before we had them in our area but I definitely have things to offer and will keep an eye out for things I might need in the future. With a growing boy, who knows what that may be!
  4. Wow! I wish I could display mine like that! I have over 400 but it looks like she has a lot more than that. O_O I agree, I wouldn't want to dust them either! LOL!! Luckily most of mine are smaller types.
  5. Altho' very grim, even for the Bros. Grimm, one of my favorites was the little goose girl.
  6. I love it, great work! I agree with those who said paint it black but I also think it would look great a bright color. It would go with the more modern feel to them, like bright cherry red or apple green. :thumb: Or stripy or pockadotted. :thumb: What ever you decide, have fun with it!
  7. Thank you! that sounds perfect, I'll try that. :thumb:
  8. Hi, I'm trying to refurbish a homemade house I recently bought at Goodwill and have been looking for an affordable way to fill my kitchen and dining room with the types of dishes I grew up on, namely old transfer ware. I've seen chine sets for sale but honestly I can not afford the prices for the nice ones, and definitely can't afford several sets so I can have the shabby chic mix and match I'm really wanting. Does anyone know where I can get good images so I can print and make my own out of clay? Many thanks in advance! :welcome:
  9. Many many thanks for sharing, these are just what I need. :welcome:
  10. An extra long christining gown will be perfect! :lol:
  11. I would love to speak french fluently, but I'd settle for wiring a dolls house or learning to market my mini stuffed toys better.
  12. I don't have any currant pictures of myself but I'mon the map.