• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Jeni
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,292 profile views
  1. Now MY Amelia is going to be jealous!! :nana: She's going to demand a bigger house than the Arthur if she sees what you've done here! You may have to come here and help fix up the Pierce LOL (Yep, still completely lost on what to do with that one)
  2. There you are!! :laughbounce: I'm So excited that you're excited that I'm excited that...wait... yea, that's right LOL! It's all going to be AMELIA''S ideas! (Well, it IS her place!) Hugs! And
  3. Thanks for the welcome backs, Ladies!!! Amelia's Arthur is on it's way, so "she" has some building decisions to make, but all she wants to do is pick out colors. LOL
  4. Since we bought our house 2 years ago, I haven't had much time for mini-ing. My 3 large dollhouses have sat, untouched, for WAY too long! :whistle: And now, I have a new project coming my way to build! Thanks to one of our lovely members here (who is also quite active with me in the doll collecting communities) I will be building the Arthur with my youngest son!! I just got an ADORABLE 4" cutie at a convention this last weekend, and this is going to be HER home! Her name is Amelia Thimble and her story is she lives in a sewing box. (Isn't that CUTE?) I plan to decorate her Arthur with sewing supplies! WEEEE!!!!! It's been so long since I've done a build! I'm sure I've forgotten most everything, so will probably be asking LOTS of questions!!!! MAJOR big time hugs to my trade partner (she knows who she is!) I'm SO SUPER excited!!!!!!!
  5. Cricket

A SICK KITTY

Sally I'm so sorry to read this, holding back the tears for you as I write. Your Kitty has had a wonderful life and believe me, he knows how lucky he is. Our Phoebe will be there to greet him when his time comes, as well as many other kitty-kat friends. Gentle hugs to you
  6. :welcome: Welcome Pun Pun! Your tiny bears are very cute!! And don't worry about your English, we can understand you just fine!:thumbup:
  7. We got started on the yard! YAY! First I took the chainsaw and took out a bunch of low dead branches off a pine tree... It's now a perfect place for our German Shepherd to hang out. (For those who remember when I lost Shadow, the little guy in my avatar.. we finally did decided to get another dog :yikes: ) Also, two HUGE ..ummm...bushes? Trees? Bushtrees? They used to be hedge bushes, 30 years ago, but were overgrown to the second story. Anyway, they came down today, and the house looks NEKKID! But now, since they were growing in front of my bay windows there's so much MORE sunlight in here now! I've cleaned out one flower bed and discovered I have tulips growing. I didn't think of it until we were almost done with the "bushtrees", I should have taken a before pic! Oh well, there's still a LOT of work to be done, but it feels GREAT to have a good start!
  8. Oh I had the sock mystery figured out years ago!!! What really happens.... Socks are the larvae of wire hangers!
  9. I don't do Feebay anymore, I left when this feedback thing was announced. Luckily, while selling and buying there I only had ONE go bad, and that was as a buyer. Once they took away the seller's right to leave FAIR feedback, I saw the writing on the wall. Evilbay is now unfortunately full of deadbeat buyers (mostly new users) who are taking advantage of the "thrill of bidding" but no follow-through. OK, so I see why Eat-MeBay did this, retaliatory feedback from nasty sellers, but they left NOTHING as an alternative for decent sellers to report non-paying bidders that other's could see. At the very least, they could put a tag on user profiles that say how many non-paying bidder reports a person has, possibly with the status of that report (Pending, final, resolved/removed)... Sort of feedback, but something sellers CERTAINLY should have the access to. Sure would cut down on this problem.
  10. I'm right there with you! Except now I've got triple duty... Right now we're doing the BIG job, going through all my father-in-law's crap..errr..stuff and trying to get rid of it all. That man was one serious packrat! While the weather is nice, the yard needs a lot of work...overgrown gardens and flowerbeds, not to mention all the underbrush that needs to be removed. Once that job is done and the house is cleared out, it's time to pull all OUR junk out of storage and ruthlessly go through that. In the middle of all of this, we recently lost my sister-in-law quite suddenly, and there's an entire apartment full of her packratted stuff I have to help my niece go through. Overwhelming? OH MY YES! The best I can do is pick one job and get at it. If I get more done, great! If not, I'm one baby step closer to my goal. Yes, a buddy, even just someone to talk to would make the job so much nicer.
  11. Cricket

Netting

2 ideas.. try your local fabric store (Joann's?) or sporting goods in the camping section. If you have a Lowe's or Home Depot nearby, you can try there too.
  12. It gets to looking like a dolly massacre around here!
  13. Oh there's LOTS you can do with kids if you just put a little thought into it! When Hubby & I were first married he was working 2nd shift, and it was just me and 4 kids in the evenings. (2 his, 2 mine, we don't work *that* fast! LOL) We had very little, so to keep the kids entertained I came up with a different activity each night: One night would be Game night...get out a board game or deck of cards and play with the kids. Friday night was always "Pajama Party", we'd all get into our jammies early, make a ton of popcorn, pop in a movie (try your library, you can rent for FREE) and we'd camp out in the living room all night. My favorite (hehe) was Dinner night.. I gave each kid a job (age appropriate, of course, and supervised) and THEY made dinner that night. I think that might have been their favorite too, they all still talk about it. When the weather is nice, we'll still set up a tent in the backyard and go camping. Another thing we do for fun, I was given a karaoke machine and we all have a blast with that! If you're family is musical at all (and even if they're not LOL), put on some music the kids like and let them sing along & dance and let them entertain. Outside, get a field guide or gardening book from the library and let the kids see what they can find right in their own back yard, or along a trail if there's anything like that near you. (You'd be amazed what kids will see just on the side of a country road). I'll even get them all cleaning and having FUN while they're at it. (That one's gotten tougher as they got older.. they're ON TO me! ) Whatever you do with them, make it FUN even if it seems boring.
  14. Ahhh, Tonners and Gene? NOW we're talking! I have a good size collection of them, just went last month to the Tonner Factory Sale.. WOW was that ever a blast!!!!
  15. Yes, you want to rinse it out, it attracts dust if you don't. If you're trying to tame the frizzies with fabric softener, well, good luck! LOL What the fabric softener really does is act like a conditioner...it will help get the tangles out, and does help with static, but what it cannot do is change the hair itself. If you want to tame the dolly frizzies, try pooring some freshly boiled water over her head. That WILL take the curl (if any) out, but you can always roll her hair up in drinking straws and boil her head again. I do this all the time! (LOVE to customize!!!!)