• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Pam
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

453 profile views
  1. Guilty!! That's the funnist part. Shop for furniture.
  2. Thank you for the information. I would love to have mine in the main part of the house, but I don't have the room right now. Once I get away from it, I have trouble getting started again. I got mine about 2 1/2 years ago, and started right away then got to the point where I need help from hubby, and didn't get back to it for awhile. I am taking my time too, I figure if I am going to do this I want it to do right the first time. :angry:
  3. Hi Heidi! I know all about the long hiatus. I am taking one myself. Mostly, because my MHM is in the garage and it has been too cold to even try to warm it up out there. But, I am really anxious to get back at it. I really love the colors you picked out for yours. I am still thinking on what to use on mine. Probably end up changing it several times before I am happy. I wanted to ask you about the front porch post. Do you know how many inches long the 3 posts are that sit on top of the pedistal. I can't find it in the instructions and I have been hoping to find out before I have to keep cutting till it fits. Also, I am thinking about using regular porch posts instead of the 3 individual ones. I read some place that someone said their's was crooked once they got them all cut.
  4. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
  5. :yes: Hello! Welcome! I am also new here, and building my first house. I just finished looking at your website and I am speechless! It is truly beautiful!! I can understand why it has taken you awhile to finish. I am trying to do mine slowly also, but I don't think mine will turn out as wonderful as yours. Beautiful, just beautiful!! Pam
  6. :yes: Hello! I am also a newbie here and building my first house. I chose the Marquam Hill Mansion and I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have picked a easier one. I also have lots of questions as I go and I have found many tips on this forum. You will love it here.
  7. I wish I had started with something simpler too. Allot more simpler!!LOL I spent most of the evening last night sanding, and still have more to do. I was told by someone that wire tape is easier, but if you get a break in it you have to redo it all , is this true? I still can't decide how to do my kitchen, it is so small, and I can't decide wheather to go older, or more modern. I like both when I see them.
  8. I thought it was missing, but like I said, I could have read it wrong. I am no good with measurements, thats where my son and husband comes in. But, my husband was trying to straighten a mistake on one of the 1" porch post and now they are 1/16" shorter then they should be. If I come up with a measurement soon I will come back here and post it. I don't know if I will get to it before the weekend or not.I am getting ready to do some painting on the inside. I want to go over the whole thing with a primer before I do anymore. I just can't decide what color to go with on the outside main part of the house. My husband and I met a man that does wiring on dollhouses and I think we are going to have him do the wiring on mine. I know I have no clue about how to do it, and my husband doesn't want to do something to mess it up.LOL He said he doesn't want it to burn down!!
  9. I wish I had done some research on the DuraCraft houses before I got this one. I mentioned a few times that I would like to build a dollhouse and the next thing I knew on my birthday, my son and husband took me to Hobby Lobby and told me to pick one out. That was about 2 years ago I think, right before DuraCraft went out of business. I only wish I knew then what I know now about this kit. I started it right away, then I got really confused on the instructions and stopped. But now my son comes down on the weekends and my husband helps with the cutting and measuring, so we are get it, slow but sure. I looked at your pictures and I like how you added on the the kitchen and upstairs. The only changes I made was move the wall on the 3rd floor tower room over to the edge of the steps, and I am extending the floor over to the windows.
  10. Thank you. I am glad to hear that someone else was confused with some of the instructions on this one. There are times that I have read and re-read several times and still am not sure what to do next. Then I just sit and look at the picuture on the front of the box and finally figure it out. DH said the best he can do is piece everything together and then measure the distance from there. I have found several pieces that have really large splinters or knot holes in them. Not sure if wood putty and glue will fix this or not. I will get picutures as soon as I can. I am still learning this board, so it might take me awhile to figure out how to post them.
  11. I have read the instructions and I can't find this or maybe I am just missing something. On the front porch there are 3-1"x1"x2 1/2" pillers that sits on the outside edges of the porch. On top of that piller is a piller cap, then on top of each cap there are 3 - 3/8" square posts that goes up to the top 3 piller caps then the arch of the porch sits on those 3 piller caps. My question is I can't find how long the 3/8" square post should be. Can anyone help me on this one?
  12. Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I want to get some pictures for you all as soon as I get it to a place where I have something to show. Right now I just finished getting the inside walls up and am about ready to start on the front porch and windows. I only really have time to work on it on the weekends so I am moving slow, but I just can't wait to start decorating and picking out furniture. I had thought about making the kitchen bigger too, but this being my first i thought I better not. Now I am having trouble deciding how to finish the kitchen off.
  13. Thank you for the warm welcomes. I will keep the album in mind. I just glued the roof on last weekend, and I really wish I had started taking pics from the very beginning. I am still working out of the home, so I only really have the weekends to work on my house. Havanaholly, Coshocton is where I live, small world isn't it.
  14. Hello everyone! I am so happy to find this forum. I am 53 years old and I am in the process of building my very first house. I chose the Marquam Hill Mansion, and I think I am going to love it when it gets finished. I can't wait to start painting and wallpapering and decorating. I have been watching for any pictures of finished houses I can find so I will have plenty of ideas when I get ready to decorate. If anyone has any suggestions that I should know about for the MHM I would greatly appreciate them. I have already decided that I want to extend the floor on the third floor in the tower so it comes over to the windows, and I am moving the wall of that room over to the edge of the stairs to make the room a little larger. I know I will probably be on here with all kinds of questions as I go along. Like I said, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.