Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Ben
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,235 profile views

About Me

Well I am not big on talking about myself. I have learned to be modest, but here goes. I am into a billion different things that it's hard for me to concentrate on any one of them exclusively. I don't know if that's a curse or a blessing, but I enjoy everything I do. Dollhouses are just one of them because I am fascinated by things that are crafted in miniature, and also the type of people the hobby attracts are the kind of people I would like to associate with. They are genuine caring people who have at least one passion in life that I can connect with - so there!

Anyway, I originally bought a used and abused Garfield on Craigslist because I had always wanted to build one for my daughters. Well, my daughters are a little too grown for that now and are into boys - oh boy! So I figured if I rehab it, it surely won't go to waste because someday, some young girl out there will fall in love with it and have to have it. Maybe it will be my grandkids when I get them someday or maybe it will be just someone I meet, but it isn't really for me. I just enjoying creating stuff.

With that, I am never in a hurry any more to do anything. I would just miss all my fun if I did that. I hate trying to have and get things, I love the process of earning something as a labor of love more, whether it be building a dollhouse or fixing the car.

So, I started work on the Garfield and its a slow slow process for me, but I love reading the words here of others and thinking about what I will do with mine. I got the opportunity to work with Dean from Greenleaf in doing illustration work for a couple kits so that it can benefit the building process. Hope it helps. As a side project, I am also doing some design of a different house which I hope to post the plans for as soon as I can. It is a lot of intensive work to design something like this only using a computer and your imagination, but I think when it is done it will really be a unique opportunity for anyone wishing to build it.

So that's 'about me' so far as dollhouses go. I could write my auto-biography but it would be easier for you to just get to know me. Thats one of the good uses of forums and the internet, to meet new people.